Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

15 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The mood music/signs seem very mixed as to whether a deal is likely. But the question is whether the DUP would vote for what seems to be in the possible offing. If the DUP is happy (a guess would be that they will not be) then the ERG will be happy, which goes a fair way to Johnson getting a majority. But far enough? Either way, this does not look to me like a BRINO.

If the DUP scuppers a deal this will have implications for Johnson's election strategy. It will be harder for him to blame the EU when it will be so plainly those 10 MPs who were the problem. No doubt Johnson will still try the tactic, but it will lack the credibility it would otherwise have had.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If the DUP scuppers a deal this will have implications for Johnson's election strategy. It will be harder for him to blame the EU when it will be so plainly those 10 MPs who were the problem. No doubt Johnson will still try the tactic, but it will lack the credibility it would otherwise have had.

Lots cash apparently..... Gutter politics.

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

I fear you, and many other deluded souls, are about to be disappointed ..... yet again 😥

Brexit being Brexit they'll just move their goalposts yet again. 

I am often asked, 'are brexiteers really thick ?'

and the simple answer is, yes

" Today is the 953rd anniversary of the Battle of Hastings. The Anglo Saxons fought a brave & desperate fight for national survival & lost. Brexit is a desperate fight for national survival too. We cannot afford to lose. King Harold at least was not surrounded by traitors.

Gerald Batten UKIP Chief idiot

King Harold was the son of a Danish mother, and the word Saxon might just suggest some other 'foreign influence as well.

And just as there seems to be endless absurd claims about EU rules', the seems to be an endless number of examples of brexiteers ignorance. One woman even claimed that the EU had stopped her from buying fish and chips wrapped in old newspaper !

This link will take you to a list of this myths, made up by the likes of Johnson to over excite the not too bright, Many of which will have sane folk wondering just how did so many fall for such obvious nonsense. But they did..... and still do

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

have a read and have a laugh - but remember, just lke those who believe we can speak to the dead, there are those who believe the EU banned the playing of bagpipes 🙄

Time to be orf, and I expect the UK will have left the EU before I return

or on planet earth we shall be looking forward (or enjoying much amusemet) when we see what nonsense Boris has cobbled together in the way of a 'deal'

ta ra, bigots

Just now, Van wink said:

Steptoe and Harold

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 10.53.24.png

Spot on. The likenesses are actually quite good and both date from the 60s and 70s in outlook.

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Spot on. The likenesses are actually quite good and both date from the 60s and 70s in outlook.

How did we end up with rag and bone men at the top of a pile of steaming.........I blame Hercules

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 11.00.07.png

Edited by Van wink

The biggest poll since the referendum itself, conducted for ITN by ComRes with 26,000 Britons, conclusively shows the public want Brexit sorted, with 54% of respondents saying we should support abiding by the referendum result and leave the EU. Even greater than the original 52:48 split…

When ‘don’t knows’ are included, leaving still has a majority, with 50% wanting to leave (30% with a deal and 20% with no deal) versus only 42% wanting to remain.

Edited by SwindonCanary

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

When ‘don’t knows’ are included, leaving still has a majority, with 50% wanting to leave (30% with a deal and 20% with no deal) versus only 42% wanting to remain. The

Or, of the 3 possible scenerios.

Remain as things are 42%

Leave with a deal 30%

Leave with no deal 20%

We can only do one of those things. Thats why we have been here for 3 years. I can't predict what will happen but with the latest news within the last hour edging us towards another extension and now this poll giving leavers further confidence (yet no actual solution) I can only see this heading to a 2nd Referendum.

Edited by ThorpeCanary

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The biggest poll since the referendum itself, conducted for ITN by ComRes with 26,000 Britons, conclusively shows the public want Brexit sorted, with 54% of respondents saying we should support abiding by the referendum result and leave the EU. Even greater than the original 52:48 split…

When ‘don’t knows’ are included, leaving still has a majority, with 50% wanting to leave (30% with a deal and 20% with no deal) versus only 42% wanting to remain.

Then you won't mind a confirmatory referendum on the deal, will you? 

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Then you won't mind a confirmatory referendum on the deal, will you? 

This poll is very dependent upon the question asked - ask a simple catchall question get a simple catchall answer. No surprise there for anybody.

But yes if one or other factions of the Leave side are so convinced they can win why not prove it with 2nd vote on their preferred deal. But there's the issue - they don't have a preferred workable deal  they can agree on. And so it continues..........

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't mind, as long as it's the same as the original question.

What about with the 3 options of Remain, Leave with no deal, leave with Johnsons deal (If agreed)?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

In (remain) or out (leave)

This is my point. Only one of those options is a definitive option. You're once again stacking those who want a deal with those who would leave with no deal which as your own poll just stated is a lowly 20%. If there is a 2nd referendum it wouldn't make the mistake of the last one. It will be remain vs an actual leave proposition (if not 2)

• Like 2

and after all the excitement for the brexiteers over the weelend

we are now not even certain if Parliament will be meeting om Saturday

and the talk now is of poor Bertie having to copy out the letter already drafted...... to ask for a extension 😁

poor bigots, you would have to have a heart of stone not to shed a tear for them

brexit will happen

1 hour ago, Bill said:

or on planet earth we shall be looking forward (or enjoying much amusemet) when we see what nonsense Boris has cobbled together in the way of a 'deal'

ta ra, bigots

I THOUGHT YOU'D GONE !

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

In (remain) or out (leave)

oh dear poor mouse brain

remain is an exact position, leave is not (as has been shown)

like having an election that is Corbyn or someone (unknown person or party)

1 hour ago, Bill said:

ta ra, bigots

But you've claimed for the past three years that the UK will never leave the EU. Why do you expect it now?

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I THOUGHT YOU'D GONE !

"Time to be orf, and I expect the UK will have left the EU before I return"

the clue is possibly in the last word of the above :classic_laugh:

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

But you've claimed for the past three years that the UK will never leave the EU. Why do you expect it now?

I don't, I was merely taking the pi ss out of you lot..................again :classic_cool:

28 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't mind, as long as it's the same as the original question.

will you volunteer to trawl round the graveyards/crematoria to ask all the old, dead bigots ?

Edited by Bill

21 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

This poll is very dependent upon the question asked - ask a simple catchall question get a simple catchall answer. No surprise there for anybody.

But yes if one or other factions of the Leave side are so convinced they can win why not prove it with 2nd vote on their preferred deal. But there's the issue - they don't have a preferred workable deal  they can agree on. And so it continues..........

Because it is clear to everybody that a second referendum is a cynical attempt to split the leave vote.  If there had to be a second referendum it could not have an option to Remain because that has already been decided - and rejected.by the country

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I don't, I was merely taking the pi ss out of you lot..................again :classic_cool:

I don't believe that !  you were so certain we would never leave,  now you saying it was tongue in tooth. YOU WERE WRONG ADMIT IT !

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't believe that !  you were so certain we would never leave,  now you saying it was tongue in tooth. YOU WERE WRONG ADMIT IT !

tongue in tooth ?

truly you are an idiot of far greater stupidity that first grasped by any of us 😜

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Because it is clear to everybody that a second referendum is a cynical attempt to split the leave vote.  If there had to be a second referendum it could not have an option to Remain because that has already been decided - and rejected.by the country

Split the leave vote? Splitting up a group of people who want very different things sounds a good idea to me RTB.

16 hours ago, Van wink said:

Arlene will be stuffing her Unionist knickers with used fivers!

I do believe her knickers are veritably bursting at the seam this morning.