Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Emi player of the season

Now the dust has settled on a strange game against Reading it's worth thinking about the influence that Buendia has on our performances. I thought we looked a totally different team without him and results this season show that we rarely win without him. He is an extraordinary player and I'll be voting for him as POTS. 

He is our best player.

I voted for Pukki though, as he has overperformed. 

Buendia is so excellent his wonderful performances are ‘normal’.

Emi has been brilliant, but Pukki is still available to play in the next couple of games so that just edges it for me.

Thought it was more to do with how well Reading played against us than the fact we didn’t have Buendía. We still created numerous chances and should have won the game but i can’t remember seeing a better containing and defensive display at Carrow rd than the other night. Took a special strike to finally get through.

That said we are most definitely a better team with Buendía in the side and who knows, he may have been able to create something special earlier in the game to have got us level/in front and won us the game. Harsh on the effort and display the 11 that were on the pitch put in to say we only draw and lose because Buendía doesn’t play.

POTS is very very close for me between Pukki and Buendía but I’ll vote Pukki as it’s true you’re only as good as your strikers and he’s been immense. Yes he’s had the best creativity in the championship behind him but he still has to put them away and his conversion rate is fantastic, not to mention his general all round play.

Pukki

Buendia

Aarons/Zimmerman

• Like 2

EMI for me ,we did miss him on weds night, not the same without him. He makes the team come alive and creates havoc to the opposition .Pukki is close second ,share it ? 

This year does create a problem in that you can make a case for any number of players.  It is certainly a far cry from some years where they’ve all been crap and it’s the best of a pretty average lot.

Strikers do get an almost unfair weighting in these things so I expect Pukki to get it - and to be fair, he is the EFL player of the season and adds plenty to the team on top of his goals. But you'd have few complaints if it was any of Aarons, Zimbo, Emi, Jamal, Stiepi or several others.

35 minutes ago, Badger said:

Nobody even considering Zimmermann?

yes, I am, been brilliant this season and seems to be getting better and better

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, andy cousins said:

yes, I am, been brilliant this season and seems to be getting better and better

My views exactly - it's a shame we can't calculate the points his great blocks/ interceptions have saved us!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Badger said:

My views exactly - it's a shame we can't calculate the points his great blocks/ interceptions have saved us!

will be interesting to see if he continues to make progress in the prem assuming we gewt there, obviously will be much harder but he is obviously an intelligent fella and suspect he would be ok

I voted for Buendia before the QPR game so that was clearly a jinx.

Although Pukki is the obvious choice with his goals for me Buendia is the player who I've enjoyed watching the most this season.

It is a bit like picking your favourite child....

It's my youngest, as the older two no longer do as I tell them...

16 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

It is a bit like picking your favourite child....

Agree. I can't choose. Emi, Pukki, Zimmerman, Aarons all with a very good chance of winning it, with Leitner seemingly guaranteed it before his injury and Vrancic playing brilliantly in his absence also staking a claim. Ultimately, I would have probably gone for Leitner if he had stayed in the team, but now I can't pick.

I think it will probably be Pukki winning it as the goal return has been amazing.

Too many to choose from. Almost all of the [virtually] ever-presents have made such a massive contribution to our fantastic season. I was tempted to go with Zimbo because of his character and for the effort he puts in off the pitch as well as on. I feel bad not voting Pukki for the goals and for the sheer graft the guy puts in but in the end I went with Emi simply because the lad has been such a joy to watch. I think that flick won me over.

The thing with Zimmerman is he always gets the 'emotional' vote from me - in the sense that you can tell every time he plays he's just so f*cking happy to be playing at this level.

I'm not sure he's even realised himself yet that the reason for that is he's actually a very good defender.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Molly Windley said:

Another one for Zimbo

Voting closes today, glad someone posted this thread to remind me

Jeez! Glad you reminded me. I'm voting for Aarons. Astonishing performances for someone who had never even played men's football before this season. Less than one whole campaign and he's already being touted with the best clubs in the land... phenomenal. Glad I don't have to pick a 1-2-3, because leaving out one of Emi, Teemu and Zimbo would be criminal.

We really are quite good, aren't we?

4 hours ago, Molly Windley said:

Another one for Zimbo

Voting closes today, glad someone posted this thread to remind me

Thanks for reminding me - I'd have forgotton!

Zimmermann for me too.

• Like 2