Sign in to follow this  
pete

How wrong was I?

I was going to post the message below before yesterday's game however seemingly I managed not to post it and found it unlisted.  City managed in yesterday's performance to ressurect all the old anxieties that come with supporting this team.

A ponderous performance after such a terrific run of late came from nowhere until the last 5 minutes and Godfrey's excellent strike a defeat was definitely on the cards. Reading should have been two up at the time with only two attacks. City were slow in attack a Pukki header the only attack of note. A change in formation was being cried out for Stiepermann and Hernandez were laboured and MacLean similarly. Hindsight a wonderful thing but Neither and Vrancic should have started the absence of Emi was the opportunity to make changes for the final run in.

Now promotion does not look the formality it should have been. Hope by playing after Leeds and Sheff U in the next three games will bring positive results a la Swansea, Hull andBoro.

And let's put the winning without Emi proposition to bed. Failure to beat Wigan will bring back the old anxieties of being a City supporter. Put it right Daniel.

There have been a number of posts on this site that have questioned our capability to fulfil promotion creams. To throw it away would be typical of this club who have disappointed us many times over the years. But this team the players and management team appear to be made of sterner stuff than previously they play in a style we have witnessed for such a period.  Farke will not underestimate any team in this division we need to trust him and Webber to deliver certainly have done so much for City.  So many records will be broken goals, goalscorers, points, games won and away records than ever before.

Trust in Daniel and the boys to deliver and stop fretting.

• Confused 2

One of the most schizophrenic posts I have ever read. Are you taking any medication? I'm not taking the **** mate. I am seriously worried.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

I too wish for the club to fulfil my promotion creams.

Pete's whipping us up into a frenzy.

23 hours ago,  king canary said: 

I too wish for the club to fulfil my promotion creams.

We all know what you chaps will be up to when we get promoted.

I think we have done pretty well promotion wise just recently and I can't think where we might have gone wrong. Anyone would think that other clubs don't matter when it come to the end of the season. We're up there so its our right to get promoted.

Its all about winning or certainly not losing at the moment. Keep accumulating points. I didn't understand the criticism about our play Wednesday. It wasn't our best performance but we played the same way. It just wasn't as polished as other games.

But despite that and the bit of bad luck we had, we came away with something. And we witnessed a team that didn't give up.