Making Plans

Time to shake it up at Wigan

It is most unlikely that Farke will make one change. Vrancic for Cantwell would be sending the wrong message to Cantwell, who did little wrong, but who clearly cannot influence a game as much as Buendia.

So it will be two or three changes, or none at all.

I would think it is time for Leitner to return to the side at the very least. Fresh legs would not go amiss.

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I agree Stiepermann is crucial to how we play, which is why we were so w*nk today, because he was so w*nk. 

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I still can't get over how appalling Stiepermann played today. Just awful. He didn't look like a football player. He looked like a fan being given a chance to play with professionals. Cannot believe he lasted the full game. 

Usually if the consensus on here disagrees with Farke on team selection the latter is proven to be right.

It seems that Cantwell was the least favourite replacement by posters on here and, for once, they seem to have been more right than wrong.

This is not to be implied as criticism of the youngster, either as a whole or of his performance last night.

He played quite well and is a valuable prospect.However he is not yet capable of influencing a game to the same degree as either Vrancic or Leitner, imo. This is stating the obvious though, age and experience will always dominate over youth in a situation presented by a very defence minded team who managed to snatch a fairly fortunate opening goal.  

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Ah yes. I forgot the golden rule. Do not criticise players on a football forum. 

Stiepermann has been awesome this season; he's a huge part in how we play. He was diabolical last night. 

Sort yourself out dan, we drew,it happens, get over it. 

Christ, a signed up member of the Pinkun Illuminati. 

I thought Stiepermann was sh*t last night and that his sh*tness cost us the game. That is all. I don't think he is a sh*t player; he's had a brilliant season and has been crucial in our upturn in performances. I don't think the draw last night will stop us going up. I think Farke is almost a deity but got it wrong last night. 

This shouldn't make anyway cry into their Weetabix and assume that anyone (whisper this next bit because it's heller controversial) criticising Norwich players performances on a Norwich City FC forum is having a meltdown

The only meltdowns are from those who drop their shopping at the merest hint of a suggestion that we're not the planet's greatest ever team and that every player is as good as Messi, if not better. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Lol. What is football like on acid? 

Are you 12 or something?

No, so don't think you need to protect me, I'm genuinely intrigued as to what watching football on LSD is like. 

In fairness, I was giving you the benefit of doubt. If it wasn't drugs then your odd opinion of Stiepermann's performance comes from something that's far less easily remedied. 

I think it was really hard for Cantwell to be the direct replacement for Buendia.

Buendia has played at such an amazing level all season and especially recently. He has been the X factor during this 8 game stretch and rightly up for player of the month. 

So it was always hard for a player to come in who has had so little game time. He put in an admirable performance and certainly not a bad performance. We played a tough reading defence and we needed someone to unlock the defence. Unfortunately we carved out opportunities but could not take them. But I do also believe we do need to have our better players on the pitch now, where they can impact the game for 90 mins not 15.

I still think Vrancic and mo can produce what we need from the central midfield area. Whether that means McLean moves over is another question but maybe that is an option.

Either way still top of the table and energy and focus to Wigan. The boys should have a couple of days to get ready to get fired up for this game. No excuse for a slow performance there, we come at them and as Farke says 'go there greedy' and make it a feast

35 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Christ, a signed up member of the Pinkun Illuminati. 

I thought Stiepermann was sh*t last night and that his sh*tness cost us the game. That is all. I don't think he is a sh*t player; he's had a brilliant season and has been crucial in our upturn in performances. I don't think the draw last night will stop us going up. I think Farke is almost a deity but got it wrong last night. 

This shouldn't make anyway cry into their Weetabix and assume that anyone (whisper this next bit because it's heller controversial) criticising Norwich players performances on a Norwich City FC forum is having a meltdown

The only meltdowns are from those who drop their shopping at the merest hint of a suggestion that we're not the planet's greatest ever team and that every player is as good as Messi, if not better. 

This sounds disconcertingly like a meltdown to me. Stop being so childish.

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This sounds disconcertingly like a meltdown to me. Stop being so childish.

My comprehension skills are lacking when I'm coming down too. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I thought Stiepermann was sh*t last night and that his sh*tness cost us the game. That is all. 

.... and you'd be wrong. That is all. 

MS wasn't **** but he also wasn't good. Outside of his contribution to the Reading goals he was often too hesitant in his decision making and lost us a couple of good opportunities by refusing to take the pass/cross that was on and trying to cut back again. He still had his moments but he was 5/10 at best for me.

I don't think we need a massive shake up- sure we weren't brilliant last night but we created enough chances to score 5 and win easily if Pukki had his shooting boots on. Vrancic in for Cantwell is the only change I'd make for now.

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

My comprehension skills are lacking when I'm coming down too. 

So, how was the acid?

I'd hate to see how some posters react to a minor setback in their private lives. 🤣

The milk is out of date...THAT'S IT, IT'S ALL OVER, NO POINT GOING ON, , WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED. 😱🤯😯😣😖😭😭

Apples

We completely dominated the game and no-one had an awful performance.

Stiepermann was far from a problem for me in that game. Still linked the play up well and looked most likely to make things happen in the final third alongside a couple of others.

No need for a shake up, we were all over Reading and in other games, on other nights, we'd have been comfortable winners. Vrancic may well start on Sunday - although I wouldn't be worried if Todd still started.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Apples said:

I'd hate to see how some posters react to a minor setback in their private lives. 🤣

The milk is out of date...THAT'S IT, IT'S ALL OVER, NO POINT GOING ON, , WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED. 😱🤯😯😣😖😭😭

Apples

Funny thing is, if they looked at the milk again they'd probably realise it's actually in date for a couple more days but they were so desperate to have an opportunity to moan and complain that they didn't read the label correctly...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

.... and you'd be wrong. That is all. 

Ah, the bastion line of the flat-earther. You're wrong. I can't offer anything to prove it, but you are JUST WRONG. YOU'RE WRONG, OK!!!!

Out of interest, what do you think constitutes a sh*t performance? I mean, the best pass he played all night was a cracking through ball; the only issue being that it was towards our own goal and straight to a Reading player. He also misplaced half a dozen passes, wasted several attacks and made a weak attempt at a tackle that allowed an assist for Reading's equaliser.

Has anyone ever played sh*t in a Norwich shirt in your eyes?

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

So, how was the acid?

You can't ask questions like that. A wise old man told me it was childish. I did think it was you who told me that, but clearly that couldn't be the case, could it?

• Like 1

...and there was more in-date milk in the fridge anyway. 🤣

Apples

Edited by Mr Apples
typo
  • Like 1

It's more of a case of, "Milk's out of date, will have to forgo my Shreddies today".

I imagine you "dont critisys norwich playus becoz they is well good always" lot will open the fridge grab the milk and ignore the disgusting stench and the yellowy bits floating about in it, guzzle is down and say through gritted teeth while you force back the vomit, "that was well nice that was, tasted amazing".

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Has anyone ever played sh*t in a Norwich shirt in your eyes?

Not that I can remember, that said I think that there were players who were less than committed. That may have been for reasons that we'll never know about. 

I don't think Steiperman is one of those. 

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Ah, the bastion line of the flat-earther. You're wrong. I can't offer anything to prove it, but you are JUST WRONG. YOU'RE WRONG, OK!!!!

Worth remembering football is subjective not objective.

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You can't ask questions like that. A wise old man told me it was childish. I did think it was you who told me that, but clearly that couldn't be the case, could it?

Oh lighten the f*ck up, you're getting really tedious.

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Not that I can remember, that said I think that there were players who were less than committed. That may have been for reasons that we'll never know about. 

I don't think Steiperman is one of those. 

You can't remember anyone playing sh*t in a Norwich shirt. Ok. I think we've arrived at the crux of the problem.

And I don't think Stiepermann lacks commitment, far from it. I just thought he was absolutely awful last night. He was almost fully at fault for goal number 1 and largely at fault for goal number 2 and ignoring those crucial incidents his passing was poor and he wasted several attacks with poor decisions.

I actually think if I was to rank our squad for who has had the best season, Stiepermann would probably be 5th (Pukki, Aarons, Buendia, Zimmermann, Stipermann would be my top 5), so I'm not saying he's useless, but some hysterical people on here seem to think you can't criticise individual performances without automatically thinking that player must be god awful. It's bizarre. We had it with Krul a few weeks ago on the back of a couple of horrendous howlers. Pointing out that they were horrendous howlers and making the suggestion that it might be risky having him as our first choice goaly in the Premier League, should we get there, was considered pant-wetting or having a meltdown.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh lighten the f*ck up, you're getting really tedious.

You're not. You're hugely entertaining.

• Like 1

"It's more of a case of, "Milk's out of date, will have to forgo my Shreddies today" "

You still eat Shreddies...? :classic_rolleyes:

Apples

21 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I guess it's safe to say that we have faith in DF, if he thinks Steiperman was as bad as you say then he'll be dropped, and I guess that will make you right. If he starts on Sunday, clearly, he, like me, disagrees with you, and that will make me right.

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

I guess it's safe to say that we have faith in DF, if he thinks Steiperman was as bad as you say then he'll be dropped, and I guess that will make you right. If he starts on Sunday, clearly, he, like me, disagrees with you, and that will make me right.

Interesting. So, Cantwell had a bad game did he?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

"It's more of a case of, "Milk's out of date, will have to forgo my Shreddies today" "

Apples

Sometimes, though I'm normally a Corn Flakes guy. You should watch yourself, actually, because my preference is to mash them up in a mortar and pestle so I end up with a bowl of Corn Flake dust. If that doesn't scream future serial (forgive the pun) killer then I don't know what does.

And people who thought Stiepermann played well against Reading on 10th April 2019 will be top of my list.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Interesting. So, Cantwell had a bad game did he?

Why is Cantwell suddenly up for discussion?

5 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

...I quite like Shreddies still.