Yellowhammer

Don't underestimate reading

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Leeds and Sheff are the ones playing win one lose one at the moment, in case you hadnt noticed , our form is a bit more consistent.

We're best positioned in this 3 horse race due to consistency, but to exclude us from being due a lost just because the others have been more inconsistent is to be as igorant as saying its "their turn" statement in the first place

Edited by KiwiScot

On paper this is the easiest of our remaining fixtures. It simply has to be 3 points.

In light of last night's result I think we need Vrancic in. Todd has had little game time and Mario will keep us ticking over on the ball far better.

25 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Looking through this thread, there are a few posters who appear to be affected by a touch of the 'Lakeys'!

Lol. I am optimistic we will win every match including this one. My only concern was people thinking anything was going to be easy from here on in. However, win tonight and it will appear a bit easier, which is why a win would be brilliant. 

• Like 1

That stat about Emi is crap - try Stevenage at home, third game of the season; it also seems to supposedly apply to games he didn’t start (PNE at home) but not ones he didn’t finish and had minimal impact on (eg Blackburn, 0-0 when he went off v early).  He’s a decent player and will be missed, as would many others - we should leave it at that.

Re: tonight’s game, it’s largely down to us - play to our level and we’ll win, but if we don’t Reading are more than capable of getting something out of the game.  DF has been great so far at getting the guys ‘right’ for games so we will hopefully be right on it from th off.

53 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

image.png.ea949e71a0ae75f8d72a453c7e4edf37.png

I've wondered whether our Christoph is related in any way to one Robert Z?  

Cue lots of song titles now don't you just know!

Edited by sonyc

Hopefully their side will be disrupted by Olivera’s absence - not eligible to play against us and has been a pivotal member of their side in recent weeks

Reading  have everything to gain and almost nothing to lose. So yes it has banana skin warning written all over it (as do the 5 that follow) . However I have absolutely no doubt Farke will have the team well prepared for it. No easy games ! 

44 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I've wondered whether our Christoph is related in any way to one Robert Z?  

Cue lots of song titles now don't you just know!

"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" appears relevant for the shrub-growing, bin-feeding, basement-dwelling goblins down the road.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Leeds and Sheff are the ones playing win one lose one at the moment, in case you hadnt noticed , our form is a bit more consistent.

This is absolutely untrue. Since Sheff. Utd  drew with us here 2-2, including that game they have only lost once in 12 games, the 3-2 home defeat to Bris. C. Their last 12 games then are almost on a par with City's record. Its Leeds that have certainly lost a few in that time, but was a time not long back when they went 4 or 5 points clear of us, but now find themselves some points behind us due to those defeats. But Sheff Utd have been as consistently unbeaten as us in last month or two.

Fact is, although we don't want to, a draw is not the worst result for us. Leeds and Sheffield United cannot draw., as not only does it not catch us but has the capability of one of them dropping into the play offs.

I do not anticipate us doing anything other than winning tonight. I am not sure how DF will play it as Emi has made the most tackles and he makes many of them pressing. Would Mario press? I don't see Mo doing it. Maybe with McLean further up.

And Teemu has got over his little dry spell and back amongst the goals again so as long as the service continues then all should be well.

Like the pantwetters invading this message board I would also be happy with a draw as long as it's only a draw until the fifth minute. Taking a draw against a team fighting relegation is ridiculous, it's at Carrow Rd and it's on TV a 3-0 win would be disappointment Pukki hat trick at the very least. Grow pair!

• Like 1

Just now, pete said:

Like the pantwetters invading this message board I would also be happy with a draw as long as it's only a draw until the fifth minute. Taking a draw against a team fighting relegation is ridiculous, it's at Carrow Rd and it's on TV a 3-0 win would be disappointment Pukki hat trick at the very least. Grow pair!

A 3-0 win would be a disappointment? You barmy old fruit.

16 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

3 points any which we can at this point in the season 😃

This. We should be too good for Reading but that doesn't mean we will be too good for them. A win, any win, will do. I fully agree with the sentiment that we should not underestimate Reading, or any one else for that matter.

I have never underestimated reading --- Pity the same can't be said for Remaniacs.

Norwich 5 Reading 1

Reading were solid and held their ground well. Gunter used all his experience to nullify Lewis and they were well organised across the back and obviously capable of goals.  A tough night to take, but we got a point and had enough chances to win comfortably. 

Still seething. Reading did not deserve anything out of that game. Their equaliser was so jammy. 9 times out of 10 a shot like that balloons into row z. Still win at either wigan or home to Wednesday and that should be that.

9 hours ago, CanaryChris said:

Still seething. Reading did not deserve anything out of that game. Their equaliser was so jammy. 9 times out of 10 a shot like that balloons into row z. Still win at either wigan or home to Wednesday and that should be that.

Wrong.  Reading came with a gameplan, they executed it well and came away with a point. 

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Wrong.  Reading came with a gameplan, they executed it well and came away with a point. 

Maybe to you. I tend to look at things like possession shots chances created and the average position of the damn ball.

Yes Reading came in with a plan. Yes they executed it fairly well. But do I think that the negative football they played, riding their luck, depending on Pukki and Rhodes to miss sitters means that they deserved anything from this game? Not for me.

But we are all entitled to an opinion.

Edited by CanaryChris

3 hours ago, CanaryChris said:

Maybe to you. I tend to look at things like possession shots chances created and the average position of the damn ball.

Yes Reading came in with a plan. Yes they executed it fairly well. But do I think that the negative football they played, riding their luck, depending on Pukki and Rhodes to miss sitters means that they deserved anything from this game? Not for me.

But we are all entitled to an opinion.

Possession counts for nothing unless you do something with it. I said they executed their gameplan well, not that they deserved anything,  two different things.