Yellowhammer

Don't underestimate reading

Just hope we don't underestimate reading  think they will be much better than the poor QPR  team. They are desperate for points to survive, just hope we get good start like the last match and not start poorly .

It will be a different kind of match imo, Reading will be better organised and QPR were actually clueless and appeared to have no plan.

Farke won't let the players underestimate the task - and I am assured that none of our fans think it will be an easy match 😉 so the prognosis is good. 

What will be interesting is how we adapt to having to change the team in Buendia's absense.  Presume Todd or Mario will be a direct replacement for Emi so should be a similar approach from us - up and at them from the off, but Reading are better at keeping possession than QPR, so we may find it harder to control the match as much as against the hoops.  Should still have plenty enough, but yes, it won't be easy.

Edited by lake district canary

Nothing is easy
Though time gets you worrying
My friend, it's OK
Just take your life easy
And stop all that hurrying
Be happy my way
When tension starts mounting
And you've lost count of the pennies you've missed
Just try hard
And see why they're not worrying me
They're last on my list

Nothing's easy

Nothing is easy
You'll find that the squeeze
Won't turn out so bad
Your fingers may freeze
Worse things happen at sea
There's good times to be had
So if you're alone
And you're down to the bone
Just give us a play
You'll smile in a while
And discover that I'll get you happy my way

Nothing's easy
Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not won a single game without Emi in the side... Interesting isn't it?

No. Not really. I am not going to take that stat and start getting worried about it!

Reading can be a good side on their day, as can any side in the Championship. All I hope is that the crowd tonight doesn't go completely flat if Reading score first, score two, or if we're playing poorly. The team needs our vocal support now more than ever!

I'm looking forward to it and am certainly not underestimating Reading... as I don't underestimate any other team we play!

OTBC!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Would take a point tonight, in the grand scheme of things wouldn't be a bad result, but we'd need to follow it up with a win at Wigan.

We need to keep the pressure on Leeds and Sheffield Utd, we must be relentless, three points tonight, don’t give them a sniff

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Would take a point tonight, in the grand scheme of things wouldn't be a bad result, but we'd need to follow it up with a win at Wigan.

A point? Are you kidding?? This is reading...they are 1 point outside of the relegation zone! We should win. Comfortably. But I would take a squeaky 1-0.

33 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Not won a single game without Emi in the side... Interesting isn't it?

No. Not really. I am not going to take that stat and start getting worried about it!

Well if that sequence continues three points out of the next three games wouldn't be the end of the world but it would get certainly get a few bums squeaking......

1 hour ago, Yellowhammer said:

Just hope we don't underestimate reading  think they will be much better than the poor QPR  team. They are desperate for points to survive, just hope we get good start like the last match and not start poorly .

Long long time reader first time poster. But imo I don't think Farke will allow us to underestimate anyone. The way we have gone about are games is nothing short of confidence and professionalism.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

never understand this.."would take a point"  we should be aiming to win them all and be disappointed if we dont

I have faith in our manager and the lads...but the change in the team will need a new approach,  I mean it will have effect on the way we play. Mario, Todd or Mo are good players , but they're different to Emi...

It won't be easy and we will need to get off to a good start...but I'm confident our quality will be enough to win it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, city4eva said:

we should be aiming to win them all and be disappointed if we dont

Agree with this, however, it's unlikely that we can win every game. I just feel that the Buendia thing has unsettled us. Sure we could boss the game but I feel it could be a frustrating evening. I hope we can win it, I just feel that it may be a draw. 

The thing about Buendua is that although he plays right of the 3 behind Pukki, unlike Hernandez he's not a winger, who'll beat a full back to get a cross in, a lot of the width down tge right comes from Aarons.

Buendia is more a man who'll cut inside from the right to link up or shoot....from that point of view we surely have others who can perform that, Vrancic -who carries a goal threat?...McLean sho can cut in on his favoured left foot?

In  way we should have people who could step in more easily than if we lost Hernandez, who is the only one we have with a bit of pace and a trick to beat 2 or 3 men

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

It wouldn't really be a good result would it though either given this is arguably one of our 3 easiest remaining fixtures. We don;t want to start making trips to Stoke and Villa games where we have to get wins as that will really crank the pressure up. I don;t underestimate Reading but the fact is they are not as good as us, they are not great away from home and we should beat them if we play reasonably well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The thing about Buendua is that although he plays right of the 3 behind Pukki, unlike Hernandez he's not a winger, who'll beat a full back to get a cross in, a lot of the width down tge right comes from Aarons.

Buendia is more a man who'll cut inside from the right to link up or shoot....from that point of view we surely have others who can perform that, Vrancic -who carries a goal threat?...McLean sho can cut in on his favoured left foot?

In  way we should have people who could step in more easily than if we lost Hernandez, who is the only one we have with a bit of pace and a trick to beat 2 or 3 men

I agree with this and its why I think Vrancic rather than Cantwell is the obvious replacement for Buendia. Cantwell is probably the only replacement we have for Hernandez (and even then he;s not like for like as he's not quick) but Buendia really plays like an attacking central midfielder for us most of the time with Aarons doing the wide stuff. 

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Agree with the last sentence. Hernandez is a more difficult to replace and would have more of detrimental impact. I think Farke will go with Vrancic tonight and push Steipermann out wide. 

Zero chance of Reading being underestimated tonight. The players will be focused and driven to win as they have been all season.  

Three wins and it's promotion. Get behind the lads and make it happen! OTBC.  

Only one close to Buendia for goals and assists is super Mario, so I’ve actually changed my mind from another thread and hope Vrancic gets the nod.

• Like 1

Most definitely need 3 points tonight anything less would be a bad result for us

13 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Only one close to Buendia for goals and assists is super Mario, so I’ve actually changed my mind from another thread and hope Vrancic gets the nod.

Agree, I've also changed my mind and think it should be Vrancic tonight.  Let's see if DF agrees then !

3 points tonight would be huge.  That would put us 7 & 8 points ahead of 2nd & 3rd with 5 games to go, even assuming Sheff Utd win tonight.  And that's getting very close to the finishing line !!

Also agree that I want Vrancic in. But reckon it will be Cantwell. Yet as DF says, we have the cover, we've had missing players before and we coped. I'm nervous as ever pre match but this team I know is so determined. 

Plus, isn't it Sheffields turn to lose tonight? If anything the absence of Emi will galvanise the team even more. There is something going on at City that is much more than just one(even if he's very good) player. 

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Plus, isn't it Sheffields turn to lose tonight? If anything the absence of Emi will galvanise the team even more. There is something going on at City that is much more than just one(even if he's very good) player. 

Talking turns. It would be ours. Fingers crossed its not

Most of the Reading fans I’ve talked to down here (Wokingham) are expecting to get a spanking. None expect a point. They will be happy if they finish it’s only a 2 goal margin. And that was before even admitting that I am a canaries fan. 

I seem to remember that Reading proved to be quite a tough nut to crack at the Madjeski earlier in the season and on the basis that, like all teams, we can be less effective against certain styles/personnel/systems that do not suit us then perhaps the pessimists have a point. 

In the event, it was an excellent Cantwell (nb) through ball that gave Pukki the assist for the opening goal.They then bundled an equaliser following a set-piece (nb) until it was left for Super Mario (nb) who came on as substitute to grab the winner.

No particular clues there as to the make up of the team then, but perhaps tonight's result can be predicted on the basis that Reading were somewhat flattered by the scoreline on that particular occasion.

3-0 to City then.😯 

Edited by BroadstairsR

43 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Talking turns. It would be ours. Fingers crossed its not

Leeds and Sheff are the ones playing win one lose one at the moment, in case you hadnt noticed , our form is a bit more consistent.

We're not at the killing it off point yet and people are nervous as there's still time for us to stuff it up. Doubt enters your mind when the stakes are high.