Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Nest Needs More Help After This Disappointment.

That's bitterly disappointing, but hopefully the increase in income and exposure that will come from being in the Premier League will help to fill the gap. Even if the club itself can't foot the bill, hopefully our increased profile as a PL club will help to attract external investment. Still, looks like this is a postponement rather than an abandonment of these plans, so still plenty of reasons to be positive.

I hope the club will help fund stuff like this going forwards, we may not have the financial clout to compete short term but if we invest in community projects, the academy and other facilities I'm sure they will pay out in the long term.

I hope the great and the good of the LEP have a strong alternative with good economic returns for this funding - it would be a shame if it was just used on the Council's pet projects or just to fill potholes.  

Irrespective, my best to the Nest in the future.  I'm sure the development will come together and the club being back in the Premier may open up new funding avenues.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

I hope the great and the good of the LEP have a strong alternative with good economic returns for this funding - it would be a shame if it was just used on the Council's pet projects or just to fill potholes.  

Irrespective, my best to the Nest in the future.  I'm sure the development will come together and the club being back in the Premier may open up new funding avenues.

I would hope the LEP funding went to other worthy community projects. The nest is a fantastic initiative, perhaps the funders took the view that other sources of finance may be available to complete the project. Would be interested to know which projects were successful in their bids