Graham Paddons Beard

Simon Jordan - Binners heading for league 2 !

Can't stand Simon Jordan either, but I think he has a point!

I'm sure the binners will all be calling him out as a 'has been' or whatever but he knows football. Marcus Evans clearly doesn't!

“The stark reality in that part of the world must be the mirror opposite at Norwich. That’s management appointments, that’s owner engagement... I know Delia (Smith) and her husband and the owners of Norwich very well and their investment and their involvement – both emotional, physical, logistical, financial – is unequivocal.”

Good to see these kind of comments regarding Delia. Always her fault when it's not going well by those not so keen to give recognition when it is.

• Like 9

I actually think that I have run out of gloating.

My sides have been split so many times I don't think that they could take anymore.

The gap is so wide, the domination is so complete and without challenge that it's 110%, as they say.

What is more the table gives only part of the picture as they have been in slow, painful decline for years and years now, whilst  NCFC, although yo-yoing somewhat, are proven to be the undisputed "Pride of Anglia" (their terminology based upon events some forty years ago, and more.)

In every aspect we so superior that even the old mantra about everything in the game being cyclical would seem to hold little water. We might not succeed in our next venture but they seem destined to be failures forevermore. Whilst we feast from the top table they scramble around for any crumb of comfort they can find and gleefully hang on to every cynical promise from a disinterested owner, a managerial has been and the aged among their squad.

Such has been the drip-drip, Chinese water torture nature of their demise that it is tempting to feel sorry for their supporters. This though is football rivalry, a very unique and total form of mutual disregard, so sympathy has no place in the equation. 

I am therefore nearly out of this rivalry thing, but enough will remain for me to keep a distant eye upon their fortunes next season and enjoy their every set-back.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

Its hard to argue with that Broadstairs. Whilst I refuse to count the promotion chickens, my feathered friends attributed to the relegation of the Binners have not only grown into full adult birds, but have proudly had offspring of their own. 

I read with interest that Lambert has now lauded the youth of the Club - and doesn't believe that
Loan Signings are the way forward. Odd, as it was him who bought in a collection of has been's , or never were's , in his January window. I can't recall any of their names - one of them couldn't get on the Huddersfield bench I think - but he has played the Manyana card to a "triffick" extent . Along with blaming his predecessor of course.

At least the binners finally going down the plug hole vindicates my comments over the years.

This will not be a few bad results at the end of a season or results all going against them on the final day. This has been a long spiral of descent going back over two decades. Their two years in the PL were funded by borrowing what was then thought a huge amount (£8m).

Rather than secure that debt against a long term 25 year loan, the binners borrowed way above their means (Pioneer Stand) to fund the building of two new stands. The rest is history.

Their failings are a direct result of their delusion that a decade of success qualifies them for a permanent place at the 'top table'. Their business mode is to ponce above their weight and to live way beyond their means. It should be no surprise then that it was an asset stripper who took control of their club - and sort to maximise his gain. Something the rural halfwits have only now grasped as the sorry state of the ground and pitch merely add to the sorry state of affairs on the pitch.

That Lambert is now talking of 'youth' is little more than a recognition that a £7m drop in income will leave him with little other choice.

Whether League two beckons is an unknown, but what can be known is that the paupers will have to face up to a few more harsh realities in the next few months. And they may find they are everyone's second favourite club..... to drop into L2 😧

Simon Jordan knows his football and every day things good listen on talkSPORT 

It would of course be perfect if we confirm promotion the same day they confirm relegation!

3 hours ago, ThorpeCanary said:

“The stark reality in that part of the world must be the mirror opposite at Norwich. That’s management appointments, that’s owner engagement... I know Delia (Smith) and her husband and the owners of Norwich very well and their investment and their involvement – both emotional, physical, logistical, financial – is unequivocal.”

Good to see these kind of comments regarding Delia. Always her fault when it's not going well by those not so keen to give recognition when it is.

I've been posting this same sentiment for years. I honestly believe those qualities are why it's been such a great ride supporting our beloved club over the past 20 odd years.

12 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

It would of course be perfect if we confirm promotion the same day they confirm relegation!

I said this on another thread, but I'd actually like it if both things were confirmed at the respective home grounds. It'd be perfect if they went down on Saturday at home to Birmingham, then we confirmed promotion on Good Friday at FCR against Sheff Wed.

28 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I said this on another thread, but I'd actually like it if both things were confirmed at the respective home grounds. It'd be perfect if they went down on Saturday at home to Birmingham, then we confirmed promotion on Good Friday at FCR against Sheff Wed.

if they lose that game and lose against Brentford (Weds) they are down

and even one win could still see them down if those above also win one game

In that big interview Webber did with MFW he mentioned a couple of times about owners who were really successful in their other businesses but just didn't understand how football was different, and you have to wonder if Evans was one of those he was talking about.

I don't really know what the structure is over there - do they have a DoF or SD like us? Is there a McNally figure who does everything else? It doesn't seem like Evans has much involvement at all, certainly nothing like Delia and Michael. Again in that interview Webber mentioned how in the past certain managers may not have been completely honest with our owners and if that's the case how much more potential is there for someone to pull the wool over the eyes of an owner like Evans who doesn't take much interest in the club?

Like I said I don't know much about their setup, but if there's minimal oversight and no real strategy they could very well be heading for a prolonged period in league one or lower.

20 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

but if there's minimal oversight and no real strategy they could very well be heading for a prolonged period in league one or lower.

That is pretty much how it is at poorman road.

Initially Evans was led to believe that a few tweaks here and there would see them enter the PL and money would follow.

The Keane tenure and Redknapp as the spectre at the feast suggested that Evans had also been led to believe that money was to be made from player trading. Nither worked and Evans has pretty much left the farmhands to stagnate if not rot.

Expenditure has been cut back where ever, and however petty. That accumulated penny pinching can been seen at every level, as can the effects. Money from player sales is now moved to an account that other companies can draw from, under the spurious guff that it attracts a better rate of interest !

The two joint MD's have gone and there is no real structure beyond some director football/coach/driver and bottle washer with Lambert seeing Evans appear occasionally on some big screen.

And yet according to many on here because of their owner we wouldn't be in a position to compete with them...

2 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

That's because people are obsessed with money and in the modern game you can't really blame them Nutty. 

As far as club wealth is concerned we are in a different ball park to the binners. It's only their owner who has more money (on paper at least). 

The obsession is with the wealth of individuals and that is not just a football problem. If you can't really blame people for being so shallow who do you blame?

Yet, if you look at TWTD, they already have a shopping list of the best players at that level, how they are the wealthiest Club and will be able to pay contracts, far in excess of their rivals. 

Coupled with the hope that we get beat 10-0 at the Etihad to inherit their record and return to the Championship where they will meet us, with a reinvigorated team after cruising to the League One title. 

God I hope Jordan is right. 

• Like 1

I can see their first match next season as a turgid and dull 1-0 loss and TWTD will deflate like a 1970's remould tyre.

16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I can see their first match next season as a turgid and dull 1-0 loss and TWTD will deflate like a 1970's remould tyre.

I wouldn’t make too much of a loss in their first game in League 1 unless they lose by 7 goals or more. Too close to home. 😳

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I wouldn’t make too much of a loss in their first game in League 1 unless they lose by 7 goals or more. Too close to home. 😳

I was thinking of a rainy slate grey downpour at the end of a long slog kind of afternoon at Rochdale Nuff Said.

The kind of game that shows you're not far away but even at a new lower level you're not up to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Yet, if you look at TWTD, they already have a shopping list of the best players at that level, how they are the wealthiest Club and will be able to pay contracts, far in excess of their rivals. 

Coupled with the hope that we get beat 10-0 at the Etihad to inherit their record and return to the Championship where they will meet us, with a reinvigorated team after cruising to the League One title. 

God I hope Jordan is right. 

I'm not sure we even need Jordan to tell us what is blindingly obvious. A club that cannot even clear a bush growing out of it's roof is hardly one to suddenly become a dynamic chiever over night.

As to the dimwitted farm hands they have always deluded themselves about who they could sig. You would think that years of aged has beens and freebies might just have pointed them in the right direction, but no they are still as dim as ****.

I don't think many of them realise what a low level their under 23's compete at. It's a lower level than the one our U23's squad compete at and our team is mostly made up of players 18 or under with our best prospects out on loan. 

If they're betting on players stepping up from that level with little to no senior experience in a grueling league like L1 they are in for a nasty shock. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't think many of them realise what a low level their under 23's compete at. It's a lower level than the one our U23's squad compete at and our team is mostly made up of players 18 or under with our best prospects out on loan. 

If they're betting on players stepping up from that level with little to no senior experience in a grueling league like L1 they are in for a nasty shock. 

This ^. League 1 is an unforgiving place and many big clubs have floundered there for years and Ipswich are not a big club.  To bring in youngsters, you have to have a foundation of good experienced players as well - if you just bring youngsters in en masse, you are asking for trouble.

I have to say, I quite like listening to Simon Jordon. He's very honest about his experiences in the game and rarely holds back. It's natural that somebody of this mindset would clash with other people in his position at other clubs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

This ^. League 1 is an unforgiving place and many big clubs have floundered there for years and Ipswich are not a big club.  To bring in youngsters, you have to have a foundation of good experienced players as well - if you just bring youngsters in en masse, you are asking for trouble.

If you are skint, then what else is there ?