Krul will be OK next season. A shot is a shot is a shot no matter what division. He might have a lot more to save but practice makes perfect.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Krul will be OK next season. A shot is a shot is a shot no matter what division. He might have a lot more to save but practice makes perfect.

Farke wants a keeper who is good with his feet too, though. That's the reason Guardiola didn't fancy Hart for Man City. If we do sign another keeper it'll be one who can distribute better and is more technically sound.

• Like 2

You can rule out any GK who isn't good with his feet. Hart was let go of my Man City for that reason, you only need to watch our cup games to see how much our build up play suffers with an old fashioned boot it long style goalie

Oh dear me no, and no again.

Surely we need a youngster to step into Krul's boots, if and when, and if Oxborough is not that man then I will trust our system to find him.

(Why are 'Boro interested. Are they assuming that they will lose Randolph?)

I just looked at the title of this topic and immediately thought

"Dear God, no! Don't even mention his name as a potential signing for us!"

He didn't have a bad season tbf. I saw him make one particularly amazing save earlier on in the season. But I don't think there's any chance we'll be looking at bringing him in.

Burnley went from relegation certs to looking safe when Hart was dropped for Heston. 

I think Joe will have to go to the MLS to continue his career as I can’t see a Premier League club wanting him anywhere near their team. 

Like Corbyn's a marxist or terrorist sympathiser.... Hart is useless apparently.... it's all press propaganda and rubbish... don't believe it all.    Hart was very good for Burnley this season, it's just the team were pants early doors .....   He got good reviews then and is every bit as good as Krul on the deck but better in hand.      Don't expect he'll be here next season regardless, but Farke and Webber aren't stupid, we will need to improve this position if promoted.... arguably, we will need two new keepers.

Krul made a fine save on Saturday but for the fumble,, Aguero and the like would have been sniffin!    The Krul support and love in is understandable, we want to support the whole magnificent team but next season, fans would be right on Krul's back when the inevitable happened.    Expect we have a european keeper already scouted but surprised we signed McGovern again.  

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Burnley went from relegation certs to looking safe when Hart was dropped for Heston. 

I think Joe will have to go to the MLS to continue his career as I can’t see a Premier League club wanting him anywhere near their team. 

I know Hart isn't good but being replaced by the owner of the Fat Duck is something else...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Hart was very good for Burnley this season, it's just the team were pants early doors

Weird how the team suddenly was a lot less pants without him in it.

39 minutes ago, king canary said:

Weird how the team suddenly was a lot less pants without him in it.

And how West Ham and Torino were suddenly better when he stopped playing for them as well. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It may not be Joe Hart, but I think it shows we are looking at a goalkeeper, myself I'd be happy sticking with Krul.

Not even sure that there's much truth in this, as with Che Adams. While he may be available, I'm wondering if he fits Webber's profile, he won't come cheap and as others have said, he's not great with the ball at his feet. 

No, no and thrice no!

I can’t even believe I’m seeing his name mentioned on a NCFC forum.

The guy is waaaay past his sell-by-date.....

Even at his prime his opinion of his abilities far outweighed any performance.

Stick to letting the Head and Shoulders slip through your fingers, Joe.

Apples

The way Webber and Farke are nailing these transfers at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if a random goalkeeper turned up next season from some unknown club in the far east somewhere for next to nothing to become a star.

On 09/04/2019 at 15:10, ged in the onion bag said:

Like Corbyn's a marxist or terrorist sympathiser.... Hart is useless apparently.... it's all press propaganda and rubbish... don't believe it all.    Hart was very good for Burnley this season, it's just the team were pants early doors .....   He got good reviews then and is every bit as good as Krul on the deck but better in hand.      Don't expect he'll be here next season regardless, but Farke and Webber aren't stupid, we will need to improve this position if promoted.... arguably, we will need two new keepers.

Krul made a fine save on Saturday but for the fumble,, Aguero and the like would have been sniffin!    The Krul support and love in is understandable, we want to support the whole magnificent team but next season, fans would be right on Krul's back when the inevitable happened.    Expect we have a european keeper already scouted but surprised we signed McGovern again.  

You're entitled to an opinion but I trust Bethnal's assessment.