Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

First and possibly last game

Looking forward to Wednesday evening's game, for various reasons my first for many a year.  Shame Emi won't be playing. Perhaps no more after this, given ticket prices are £35 for the last home game. Have prices been hiked for it?

Wigan would be cheaper 🤣 - albeit sold out but they'll probably get some returns.

I paid £30 for QPR.  I've no problem paying £35 for the Blackburn game given the quality of football we are seeing this season.

If you compare football to live entertainment eg concerts, it's cheaper than you'll pay for most stadium gigs.

Actually, I believe they have a cap on away prices in the PL so that visiting supporters only have to pay a max of £30, which will help.  I guess we would/will have to comply. I don’t suppose it’ll bring down our home prices but you never know.

Is this the equivalent of last season's I'm not renewing threads"? That didn't end well. I guess they're all bottom of the list now unless there's a scheme by which they can repent and get back...

Football is so different to other entertainment in as much you have absolutely no idea what to expect for your money. You could pay a tenner and be disappointed or pay £40 and find you can't wait for the next game.

If you take away the supporter element  then going for entertainment alone is probably a bad deal.

• Like 1

It has to be the support element Double N. Nobody in their right mind would would pay for something they were unsure of the outcome in terms of product, entertainment and value for money.

But if you love your club then your state of mind is something that can be dismissed as irrelevant. I can post on here with you guys and make points that others find ridiculous or debatable whereas if anyone says anything about NCFC to me who isn't one of us, then I risk donating blood in defence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It has to be the support element Double N. Nobody in their right mind would would pay for something they were unsure of the outcome in terms of product, entertainment and value for money.

It’s even worse than that if you’re an Ipswich fan KG. They *know* it will be sh*t.

• Like 1

Quite clearly the club has more than enough supporters and doesn't want me there. I can't buy a ticket unless a member and no memberships are available. Thanks a bundle NCFC. They happy enough to sell me a ticket to Wednesday's game.

Edited by Since 1980

3 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Quite clearly the club has more than enough supporters and doesn't want me there. I can't buy a ticket unless a member and no memberships are available. Thanks a bundle NCFC. They happy enough to sell me a ticket to Wednesday's game.

Should have bought a membership earlier in the season then, not exactly expensive.

4 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Perhaps the club should turf out one of its long standing regular members so that you can attend your second game 1980? I think you're on a wind up 😉

They're happy to sell me ticket when members can't be bothered to fill the ground, perhaps only members should be allowed to buy tickets for all games. 

As for being a member earlier in the season, I wasn't able to go then.

Perhaps the membership page should state. 'Unless you are a member there will be some game you won't be able to attend as these will be members only.'

2 hours ago, Since 1980 said:

Perhaps the membership page should state. 'Unless you are a member there will be some game you won't be able to attend as these will be members only.'

I wonder how you've managed to support the club and football in general this long and not realised that this has been the case for years.

It's £35? just buy it at the start of the season. I've always got a membership regardless of whether I think I will make it to any of the games.

Ginja, wasn't in a position to buy or attend at the start of the season. If you wanted to pay my expenses from Scotland you'd have been welcome.

£35 for a ticket, plus fuel for 100 mile round trip, etc. makes it an expensive day out every home game when you're on a low salary. 

COYY!

I'm in a similar position, but I'm not going to moan about it. Membership fee is reasonable for the chance to get first dibs on tickets and the average ticket price isn't extortionate in football terms.

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Is this the equivalent of last season's I'm not renewing threads"? That didn't end well. I guess they're all bottom of the list now unless there's a scheme by which they can repent and get back...

There is someone posting on here who did just that Nutty so maybe they can give an update.

I paid £33 (£35 minus £2 super-membership discount)  to see Norwich beat Derby 3-2 in our penultimate home game of the Lambert Championship era.

22 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I paid £33 (£35 minus £2 super-membership discount)  to see Norwich beat Derby 3-2 in our penultimate home game of the Lambert Championship era.

Hope you didn't leave early 🙃💛💚🏆

Just a follow up. Are some game members only? And do tickets only come on sale to non members when the club realises members are not going take up all the tickets?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Just a follow up. Are some game members only? And do tickets only come on sale to non members when the club realises members are not going take up all the tickets?

Thanks

No games are members only, but members get first refusal, understandably. 

Edited by Nuff Said
Auto-correct

And another thing. Why should season ticket holders get preferential treatment for every game? Wouldn't it be fairer to offer those seats to non-members first?

Is it time for the resurrection of all those bigger ground threads, so those non-members can get in?