Sign in to follow this  
Wotspur

Alex Pritchard Or Maddison

Thanks for all your responses , I don’t get to see many Norwich games , so didn’t see Pritchard nor Maddison for you , so was glad to get your answers , having seen them both close hand .

i have been very impressed with Maddison for Leicester , and I would love to see him at The Lane full time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

1 goal and no assists for pritchard this season and has only played 27 times, 3 of those as sub, says it all. Dont want him back here we have bettr IMO. as for Maddison there prob isnt a team in the prem that wouldnt want him

I think those stats say 'I'm an attacking midfielder in a team that have scored 19 goals all season.'

57 minutes ago, Wotspur said:

Thanks for all your responses , I don’t get to see many Norwich games , so didn’t see Pritchard nor Maddison for you , so was glad to get your answers , having seen them both close hand .

i have been very impressed with Maddison for Leicester , and I would love to see him at The Lane full time.

Maddison is top class and destined for the very top. He'll be a good replacement for Eriksen if you sell. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Maddison is top class and destined for the very top. He'll be a good replacement for Eriksen if you sell. 

You hope, but "very top", really?

Obviously, he is Premier League class and any Champs team, even Champions elect, would be happy to have him. But Leicester are a mid-ranking Prem club & he hasn't forced himself into the England team. The next step is as big as the one he has just made and it may be that his lack of pace limits his opportunities to make the step up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You hope, but "very top", really?

Obviously, he is Premier League class and any Champs team, even Champions elect, would be happy to have him. But Leicester are a mid-ranking Prem club & he hasn't forced himself into the England team. The next step is as big as the one he has just made and it may be that his lack of pace limits his opportunities to make the step up.

Feel free to bookmark this and we'll see! 😊

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wotspur said:

I’m a Spurs fan , and was gutted when Pritchard was sold , as I thought he had great potential despite you selling him , it looks like your returning to the prem , meanwhile his Huddersfield have been relegated . Do you think he would be a good addition back to your team .

You also had Maddison , and so are in a better position to say , who would you chose to have back if you could Alex or James  , or would you stick with who ever replaced these two 

Maddison 100 percent. Pritchard used Norwich as a stop gap to get his premier league promotion. Hope nobody takes hom now. Seemed like his heart was never really in it here whereas Maddison wanted to win and be loved by us which he duly is. 

7 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Maddison 100 percent. Pritchard used Norwich as a stop gap to get his premier league promotion. Hope nobody takes hom now. Seemed like his heart was never really in it here whereas Maddison wanted to win and be loved by us which he duly is. 

You have to understand , Pritchard had been at Spurs since 8 , he’d seen how players from Livermore to Townsend to Kane had come thru the ranks and seen progress .

alex went on 'pan to Brentford and won POTY there and scored some woldies , and right at the end of the season , he gets a really nasty injury . Then we sign Alli , who comes in and does well , and Alex sees his chance slip through his fingers .

then he goes to Norwich , I know if that happened to me , I’m be gutted and almost sulk , same happened with Tom Carroll , jake Livermore , and to a lesser extent Ryan Mason 

No issue with Pritchard and his services for us. He has made some unfortunate choices in his career starting with joining us instead of Brighton. He's then jumped ship to the first prem team that wanted him and it is fair to say it has not gone well for him. I do hope he is picked up by one of the other promoted teams or maybe even another opportunity to join Brighton. I do think that is his ceiling though. Destined to be jumping from one relegated team to another unless they stay up.

I believe Pritchard is earning silly money at Huddersfield. I suspect they might struggle to offload him.

He hasn't been a regular in the Huddersfield side and that will have affected him.  There is a warning there for any young player getting a big money transfer to a PL club and then find they can't get games.   The Premier League is a draw but unless you are good enough to be a first choice player like Maddison, you might find yourself with money, but little to do on the pitch.

What is better, sitting on a bench collecting lots of money, or playing every week and collecting a little less money?  Job satisfaction ought to come first.  Maddsion did it right - very shrewd - he ensured he got plenty of competitive games as he grew up - and he is by far the better player of the two.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He hasn't been a regular in the Huddersfield side and that will have affected him.  There is a warning there for any young player getting a big money transfer to a PL club and then find they can't get games.   The Premier League is a draw but unless you are good enough to be a first choice player like Maddison, you might find yourself with money, but little to do on the pitch.

What is better, sitting on a bench collecting lots of money, or playing every week and collecting a little less money?  Job satisfaction ought to come first.  Maddsion did it right - very shrewd - he ensured he got plenty of competitive games as he grew up - and he is by far the better player of the two.

Totally agree there Lakey, there's quite a few good players just sitting on a bench for the money... Maddison did the right thing (by getting competitive games ) and now he's playing every week at the highest level...but he's just a better player imo...he would've played if he'd gone to Spurs (not every game , but he would've gotten a chance).

Edited by ROBFLECK

58 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Totally agree there Lakey, there's quite a few good players just sitting on a bench for the money... Maddison did the right thing (by getting competitive games ) and now he's playing every week at the highest level...but he's just a better player imo...he would've played if he'd gone to Spurs (not every game , but he would've gotten a chance).

Always thought Maddo would be Erikson replacement once he leaves Spurs, but as others have said Leicester was a shrewd move for him , playing every week in an established(for now) premier league side. He is on view to all the 'big' clubs. doing himself no harm whatsoever.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, king canary said:

I think those stats say 'I'm an attacking midfielder in a team that have scored 19 goals all season.'

Maybe, but if he is that good why hasnt he been a regular starter in a poor side

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Maybe, but if he is that good why hasnt he been a regular starter in a poor side

I'd imagine that Huddersfield have been playing defense first football and haven't had room for a talented but possibly lightweight attacking midfielder.

Hoolahan only started 16 games for us in Hughton's second season as we went down. Doesn't mean he wasn't good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

They were sold in consecutive windows, one for twice the price of the other.  There's a reason for that. 

The £60 million Leicester received for Mahrez?

Not even a debate, Maddison.

Id worry having Maddison back would somehow be detrimental though. He carried the team when we had him. Without him the team we have built works extremely well. If we were to somehow get him back Id worry everything would go through him, negatively affecting what we are good at

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Someone, I think BYG, posted on here that Pritchard was rumoured to be on £100K a week at Huddersfield. Absolutely ridiculous, but I imagine it’s some compensation for lack of games.

Pritchard was very good at Brentford... I thought he was decent at Norwich too. He’s technically gifted and creative. I agree that Maddison had a much better career in yellow and green; but I think to say Pritchard is rubbish due to his season in a dire Huddersfield side is ridiculous.

Pritchard had the best shot from distance and Maddison is the master of free kicks . 

Honestly think Buendía trumps them both on intricate passing, tackling, pure work rate and any other attribute a modern class midfielder needs . 

This player will be the one we miss the most come the time.