Sign in to follow this  
Wotspur

Alex Pritchard Or Maddison

I’m a Spurs fan , and was gutted when Pritchard was sold , as I thought he had great potential despite you selling him , it looks like your returning to the prem , meanwhile his Huddersfield have been relegated . Do you think he would be a good addition back to your team .

You also had Maddison , and so are in a better position to say , who would you chose to have back if you could Alex or James  , or would you stick with who ever replaced these two 

To clarify, Pritchard was very good - but Madders is in a different class. He will be playing for England one day and he is exceptional.

They both were good players but they were a one man player, we have team that have togetherness now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hucks6 said:

They both were good players but they were a one man player, we have team that have togetherness now

No, Maddison really wasn’t. 

Too many people actually said we’re better off without Maddison which is ridiculous. He was one of the good things in a struggling season that was all about transition but it was because he’s that good that he still shone through whilst the club was going through the massive changes.

Selling him was a necessity unfortunately but no doubt had he stayed, we’d still have togetherness (that comes from Farkes leadership), we’d also still have bucket loads of goals and probably a smoother start to the season. To compare him to those that clearly didn’t fit in the group (Oliveira) is disrespectful to what James brought to the team and club last season, a model professional who will reach the top of the game.

• Like 7

Maddison all day long. Would be interesting, to say the least, to see the current team with him as an option.

25 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

No, Maddison really wasn’t. 

Too many people actually said we’re better off without Maddison which is ridiculous. He was one of the good things in a struggling season that was all about transition but it was because he’s that good that he still shone through whilst the club was going through the massive changes.

Selling him was a necessity unfortunately but no doubt had he stayed, we’d still have togetherness (that comes from Farkes leadership), we’d also still have bucket loads of goals and probably a smoother start to the season. To compare him to those that clearly didn’t fit in the group (Oliveira) is disrespectful to what James brought to the team and club last season, a model professional who will reach the top of the game.

I'm not disagreeing with you Fiery, but from another angle, do you think Madders could play in the system we are currently operating? If so, would his natural position be in the Stiepperman or McClean/Vrancic/Leitner role?  

Edited by Crabbycanary3

38 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Maddison, no doubt whatsoever.

Pritchard was good but Maddison has everything

Not quite Zaco, he has no real pace, as didn't Beckham. He's still decent tho.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Definitely think Maddison would be able to play in this team. Probably in the McLean role as I think Steeps role requires a bit of physicality. But we would have the most unstoppable midfield this division has seen in a long while if madders was pulling strings in the centre and the nightmares generated by buendia aarons lewis and hernandez around the wings.

Edited by CanaryChris

21 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you Fiery, but from another angle, do you think Madders could play in the system we are currently operating? If so, would his natural position be in the Stiepperman or McClean/Vrancic/Leitner role?  

Good question. In the season with us he was always looking for the ball and often came deep to receive it from Gunn so the Leitner/McLean/Vrancic role would suit him well. However I think he’d also be great in the Buendia position. Buendia isn’t playing as a winger and has license to roam and create which I think would play to Madders strengths. It’s also not a reliance on pace which, as mentioned is Maddison’s one weakness.

Id argue he’d fit into any 3 of those positions (Stiepermanns too). He has the skill on the ball of Buendia, the vision of Vrancic/Leitner and the ability to receive the ball with back to goal, turn and run/create of Stiepermann. Had he stayed I think we’d have seen less of Stiepermann this season as it would’ve been Madders position to lose. I also think Maddison is more of a natural finisher than Stiepermann.

Edited by Fiery Zac

Maddison actually played a bit of a deeper role at the start of last season when Farke first tried the 4-1-4-1 formation. I have no doubt he could fit in to our current set up.

No competition. Not even close. Pritchard is a good player but Maddison is a very, very good player who will become a great player in time. Seems a nice lad and a good head on his shoulders to boot.

I don't even understand the question would Maddison fit in our current team and improve it. Of course he would. He is class.

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I was asking if Madders would fit into the system we are playing AtG, not the team, slightly different question.

I understand that and it wasn't aimed at you. Just generally, people seem to think we're a better 'team' without Maddison. We're not. We're a very, very good team without him; imagine how good we'd be with him.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 2

Maddison could quite easily go and play for a Spurs, or higher. Pritchard will probably continue to bounce around between Championship and lower end Premier League.

Would add I reckon Pritchard would fit in well to this system too. Farke seemed quite gutted to lose him and if he wanted him back I'm sure he'd be a success.

I think that you will be watching Madders every other week at your new gaff next season...

He is a different class to Pritchard as a player and as a person.

24 Million is all the argument required for what is a silly exercise. Pritchard was a brief exercise expect he regrets avoiding Brighton can not see him fitting in our team Buendia a cheaper improved option.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Definitely Maddison over Pritchard.

+ Buendia over Pritchard as well.

Yup, pretty much agree with that.

And when you consider the relative transfer fees, we’ve done pretty well...Emi must be worth plenty right now.

Maddison is a player who I am chuffed to say was on our books for a short period. He delighted us when he played a full season for us, something that many regret hadn't happened before, and showed the world that he had the ability to play for a club bigger than us.

We will never know if he would have fitted in to the current team. We have to imagine yes and DF would have been delighted to have him. He certainly would have enjoyed the freedom our style gives class players and I'm sure he would have scored a few.

Alex Pritchard is a very good player but not in the class of Maddison. Going to Huddersfield who must have feared coming straight back down whereas Maddison went to Leicester shows the gulf in class.

• Like 1

1 goal and no assists for pritchard this season and has only played 27 times, 3 of those as sub, says it all. Dont want him back here we have bettr IMO. as for Maddison there prob isnt a team in the prem that wouldnt want him