Sign in to follow this  
Jed Maxwell

Phillip Heise

Does anybody know what is happening with our January signing Phillip Heise? I seem to recall he arrived with one eye on next season, although even with our superb form in the second half of this season slightly surprised he has not even made the bench and only made sporadic appearances for the under 23's (though could be wrong on that)!

home grown rule has meant hes not been on the bench, its the same situation as Passlack. 

Purely cover at the moment, the intention was always for him to be integrated next season. We just bought him in earlier as cover to allow others to go out on loan.

Most likely a coincidence, but I think Jamal's form has improved since Heise came in and gave us another option at LB

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Purely cover at the moment, the intention was always for him to be integrated next season. We just bought him in earlier as cover to allow others to go out on loan.

Which league was he signed for though; do we think he can do a job in the Premiership? Genuine question as I've never seen him play, so I am unable to judge.

I don't know what Farke is playing at, planning for next season in the Premiership? I think ldc should have a word with him. 

• Haha 1

I wonder, IF we were to mathematically seal promotion with a couple of games to spare, whether Farke would rotate the squad for the last couple of games, giving fringe players 90 minutes partly as a way of assessing them in competitive action ahead of next season and partly as a reward for their patience and contribution over the season? Would be good to see Heise get a bit of action in one of the last matches; I'd love Pinto to get 90 minutes and a decent send-off from the crowd as well to be honest. 

6 hours ago, andyc24_uk said:

I wonder, IF we were to mathematically seal promotion with a couple of games to spare, whether Farke would rotate the squad for the last couple of games, giving fringe players 90 minutes partly as a way of assessing them in competitive action ahead of next season and partly as a reward for their patience and contribution over the season? Would be good to see Heise get a bit of action in one of the last matches; I'd love Pinto to get 90 minutes and a decent send-off from the crowd as well to be honest. 

Maybe when we’re confirmed as champions , but can’t see Farke doing that, he’ll stick with the same side and in fairness hard to argue with