Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Let's not make Crewe a demonsratation

On Saturday patience may be thin and tempers high. This is a plea to all the fans going on Saturday to get behind the team in the normal way and not get on the back of the players. If or -on the evidence of the last few weeks- when we go a goal down in th first 15 mins let''s all stay behind the team and show the players how much this club means to us. Protesting during th 90 minutes can not help the team and only encourage the opposition. At the end of the game is the time to show your appreciation of the performance - or not as the case may be

I for one am looking forward to my first ever trip to Crewe and have read favourable reports about thier fans and the relationship we have with them. May be if we showed footage of our last visit it might inspire some of the current squad to a higher level of performance?

My thoughts exactly. Lets have none of this We Want Worthy Out during the game, it hardly lifts the lads does it. Save it for the end if you must (or even 1/2 time if the 1st 45 is really bad). Most of us believe that change is needed, but from 3.00 til 4.50 tomorrow a lusty chorus of OTBC will be more beneficial than the Worthy out stuff.

Good sense, you people could stand outside Carrow Road with a placard all day Saturday of you wished. I seldom travel these days, when I went to every game back in the 70''s we took one bus and one car load and didn''t qualify for any sort of segregation so I think the support of recent times has been marvellous.

It is a long journey back, made easier with a win and a performance. I hope you get both.[&]

I don`t think getting behind the team will be a problem as most of the whingers on this board don`t go anyway, how else can you explain their ability to post whilst games are playing !

I agree, I won''t be at Crewe simply becauase i cannot afford to go to too many away games, but if I was there, despite my feelings about Norwich needing a new manager, I will save my negative comments till after the game or channel it in a better medium.The Team needs to have encouragement that the fan base are behind them. It is possible that the negative comments could be affecting the spirts on the pitch.To all you people going to Crewe, get behind the team, i wish i could be there with you, unless i want a visit from my bank manager and a angry fiance (who just happens to be an Ipswich fan) who will end up with no christmas presents (as well as the rest of my family), I feel the safest place for me will be at home with the radio for company.

Season ticket holder too.

Whilst I agree with the sentiments - cheering the team while playing - this support the team lark has no substance.  The team has been backed superbly over the last 4 years and the last 18 months in partcular yet that did not prevent the blackburn,  fulham, qpr, luton, wolves derby away days nor the leeds, crewe, weds, millwall home days this season.  This is not an exhaustive list and all occurred in the last 9 months.

Our away record this season is abysmal and our away group of fans are vocally supportive through and through yet on only on 3 occassions have city started favourites to win an away game with the bookies - on no occassion have we won.  2 wins following the players first bol  locking have long been forgotten and old service resumed.

On match days players will continue to get support but if the performance is again poor there is only so much poor quality dross nyone can take before voicing an honest opinion to the management of the club at the only time the fans voices can be heard directly by the fans - at the ground before they quickly disappear into the stands at the final whistle. 

OTBC 

I''m sorry, the fans have been great. I was at Wolves and Coventry

recently, there was nothing wrong with the fans in the stand. If it was

based on fans, we''d be among the best etc.....Too bad what''s on the

pitch and in particular in the dugout is not even second-rate. No,

tomorrow MUST be a demonstration, a demonstration against those that

are ruining the club by prolonging worthless'' tenure. Perhaps i support

chelsea or something but in the last 14 games i''ve seen 1 win, it''s not

fun anymore and that''s what football should be about, no wasting your

money knowing you''re going to see a dis-jointed, uninspired performance

that will at best yield a draw.

you mean a demonstration of superb one touch, free flowing football

from box to box, superbly crafted defence splitting passes and

brilliantly executed goals, thats enough about crewe then.

Hopefully thats in gradi''s dreams and not nigel''s nightmares after saturday.

I am going, and I will support the team from the off, as I always do.  But i do reserve the right to voice my opinion if they let me and the other travellers down (again).  I will have travelled 440 miles and given up over 12 hours of my day to support the team so why should I not complian during the game if I am not happy? 

Remember Crewe is a very enclosed ground and the players will be able to hear us, as will the management and the directors.  Tomorrow there will be no hiding place. 

C''mon City don''t let the fans that pay your wages down again!