Sign in to follow this  
pete

One man team?

There is much anguish concerning Emi being unavailable for the next three games against teams who will be beaten rather easily.  Emi has been a revelation and is surely an important cog in the City wheel but the gnashing of teeth on here is over the top. Emi could well have badly injured on a number of occasions this season from the attention he receives. But now we need to replace the talisman the pantwetting on here is embarrassing. Just enjoy the ride and look forward to the next seven victories.

• Like 1

I don't think we have anyone in the side with the same levels of creativity and energy of Emi. He does it all, doesn't he?

However, I still firmly believe we'll have enough to put in good performances in the next three games and perhaps win all of them. Who can stop us at the moment? Certainly not Reading and Wigan, in my mind! Sheff Weds may be more tricky.

Our squad is amazing and across the board players have stepped in, stepped up. Nothing will change.

Many people were similarly concerned when Hanley got injured in pre-season. And when Hernandez got injured in September. And when Leitner was injured in November. And Klose. And Tettey. And Vrancic. All perceived as key players at the time of their enforced absences. I think that even if Krul, Zimbo, Trybull and Pukki took the rest of the season off we'd still get enough wins to go up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Many people were similarly concerned when Hanley got injured in pre-season. And when Hernandez got injured in September. And when Leitner was injured in November. And Klose. And Tettey. And Vrancic. All perceived as key players at the time of their enforced absences. I think that even if Krul, Zimbo, Trybull and Pukki took the rest of the season off we'd still get enough wins to go up.

Brilliant FTW. That has made me feel better. Slightly.

Emi getting sent of seemed to flatten the mood on Saturday didn't it? People sat round me were gutted. Winning 4.0 should have felt better!

Some people said we would be relegated if we sold Maddison. O well this is a squad not a team let alone a group of individuals.

57 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Brilliant FTW. That has made me feel better. Slightly.

Emi getting sent of seemed to flatten the mood on Saturday didn't it? People sat round me were gutted. Winning 4.0 should have felt better!

Look what Vrancic did when stepping into Lietner's role, and then how McClean has followed on (Can't argue with Kenny's win ratio).

We have plenty in the locker to cover Emi for the next 3 games, and our boy Daniel knows what to do.

Leitner, Cantwell or Vrancic have all shown they know what they are doing.

I bet all three are champing at the bit to be involved over the next three games.