Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

EFL Awards Tonight

Surely pukki and Aarons will win the championship player of the year and EFL young player of the year respectively! Pukki had a hand in 36 goals, and Aarons had been immense all season

Billy Sharp just won moment of the season and said "I thought I was only here tonight to clap Teemu Pukki winning POTS" 😂 Fair play to him.

The Tom Finney award winner has a phenomenal story - Didn't realise any of that, and the bit about the last day of the season is just one of those script was written moments. Brilliant. See video in linked tweet below.

https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1114982231188094976

Edited by kick it off

10 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Billy Sharp just won moment of the season and said "I thought I was only here tonight to clap Teemu Pukki winning POTS" 😂 Fair play to him.

The Tom Finney award winner has a phenomenal story - Didn't realise any of that, and the bit about the last day of the season is just one of those script was written moments. Brilliant. See video in linked tweet below.

https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1114982231188094976

Wow what a story! Poor young man been through it! Great strength and determination 

With Teemu ruling the Championship and winning EFL Player Of The Season, surely that settles the difficult debate of whom should win NCFC POTS 2018/19?

Well done Teemu and Max!

Fantastic to see two of our standout performers duly and rightly rewarded. Well done Teemu and Max. Keep doing us proud.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Interesting from Wilder, don't know if it's genuine or mind games though

I love to think this was genuine. Farke is too cool for mind games anyway whereas some managers get worked up too easily...

image.png.0ebc2ea567a758d681b351cb07265cbc.png

• Haha 1

Apparently, according to that article, Max’s award-winning season and unique impact is defined by the number of goals he’s scored...

How are the winners chosen? I was convinced they would go for Harry Wilson, what with him being a player for the media-erection-giving Frank Lampard's Derby. 

Nice to see meritocracy win out for a change. 

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

The BBC reporting of last night is dire.

While we had 2 winners most of the article is about Billy Sharpe.

Pukki gets 2 sentences, Aarons 1 sentence but Sharpe gets 6 plus a picture of him and Wilder with the award.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47847061

"Most of the article" is NOT" about Billy Sharp; did you stop reading when it got to the other divisions and awards?

And as regards Sharp, becoming the EFL's all time record goal scorer is actually a more notable achievement than Teemu's outstanding performance for us over this season. Why can't people bring themselves to give proper credit where it's due? Sad display of narrow mindedness; but then what do I expect, it's football fans after all ........

• Like 4

1 hour ago, westcoastcanary said:

"Most of the article" is NOT" about Billy Sharp; did you stop reading when it got to the other divisions and awards?

And as regards Sharp, becoming the EFL's all time record goal scorer is actually a more notable achievement than Teemu's outstanding performance for us over this season. Why can't people bring themselves to give proper credit where it's due? Sad display of narrow mindedness; but then what do I expect, it's football fans after all ........

Here we go. 

Pukki and Aarons are both very deserving winners. Sharp has been a consistently good finisher at this level but never had a season like Teemu has. Doesnt he have like 10 assists as well as his 26 goals?

Remarkably, this is the first season Billy Sharp has ever scored 20+ in the Championship, despite having a good few seasons at this level.

Pukki's had one go and may yet even nudge 30.

2 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

I think this is fair comment, to be honest. Sharp has been outstanding for many years, plus he's had to overcome the tragic death of his baby son. Much as I dislike Sheffield United, anyone who can't offer some magnanimous congratulations to Billy Sharp is a pretty poor sport. Deserves all the praise he gets, and then some. And the way he graciously 'big-upped' Pukki was a classy touch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Making Plans said:

The BBC reporting of last night is dire.

While we had 2 winners most of the article is about Billy Sharpe.

Pukki gets 2 sentences, Aarons 1 sentence but Sharpe gets 6 plus a picture of him and Wilder with the award.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47847061

They might be updating it as they go, because that link now gives me this

image.thumb.png.ab01370b96069ea4f840ba7144288003.png

6 hours ago, Atlantic Canary said:

Mildly disappointed that the awards ceremony didn’t have an award for manager with the best equestrian skills award 

They'd probably still have found a way to give it to Chris Wilder.