Bill

A statue for Farke

Maybe we should get in on the act, as at other clubs

Have Farke on a horse (pulling a wagon...Wells Farko ?)

Something like this, perhaps ?

felipe-iv-ecuestre-madrid.jpg

Edited by Bill

I’m thinking one of Paul Lambert. He did a fantastic job at Norwich and his tenure at Ipswich has been nothing short of phenomenal. He’s a hero and if anything should be given the freedom of the city.

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Image result for boudica statue

But with Buendia and Pukki as centaurs rather than horses.

That's another of our local heroes Boadicea, which to those of poor eyesight could easily mistake for Delia

Who may not have sacked Colchester, but did that naughty man from Colchester Mr Lambert

Maybe we could copy this, though I'm not to sure whether you can button up a coat on a statue (Farke's parka)

(we'd also have to change the words on the plinth as well)

Statues-Sir-John-Brunner.jpg

1 minute ago, Bill said:

That's another of our local heroes Boadicea, which to those of poor eyesight could easily mistake for Delia

Who may not have sacked Colchester, but did that naughty man from Colchester Mr Lambert

Maybe we could copy this, though I'm not to sure whether you can button up a coat on a statue (Farke's parka)

(we'd also have to change the words on the plinth as well)

Statues-Sir-John-Brunner.jpg

I say copy it but obviously replace the statue with Farke and his parka, but DONT change the plinth. That'd really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Don't like statues tbh, that lot down the road have them and it's a constant reminder to the fans and the current players that you'll never be as good as you used to be. 

images.jpg.f320566e779981a3d7c120b9c83c819f.jpg

How about this one to remind the likes of me who said we should get rid of him last season

Edited by keelansgrandad

we can always take it down later

a sort of 'pop up' statue

like those loos in London that come out of the ground

perhaps we could have an official pop up day....................................the statue that is

ps I did once go and have a look at a pop up shop in Norwich city centre but it must have 'popped up' before I got there

Statues are morbid.

The thought of having people stare at a life size replica of me once I am deceased is nauseating.

I have always considered them to be made in recognition of the services of past monarchs, statesmen or military leaders long after they had died.

The thought of standing beside a metal depiction of a person who was alive and kicking in my lifetime is depressing.

Also, and as I said, famous people from our history. The current trend of having statues of valued footballers surrounding a football ground is trite.

Hall of Fame, Wall of Fame, ok. Statues? ....Nah!