Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Pukki for 30!

He is sitting on 27 goals(26 league). Will Pukki get 30 goals this season and should that cup goal count to the total. Yes from me.

Yes, but hopefully he'll still probably score 4 in our remaining 6 games!

Is there a website that shows top scorers(per divison) but by way of total goals including league and cup games, but not internationals.

It's definitely on. Fancy him to get a brace on Friday.

If we do go up, Id wondered whether Pukki would do well in the Premier League. There is a difference in playing for a team, top of the league, with the lions share of possession, and playing for a team trying to eke out an existence in the Premier League.

Previously, I had wondered whether his all round game would be good enough. We saw with van Wolfswinkel that you cant afford luxury players, if they're not scoring they need to be contributing. We suffered massively when Hughton decided to 'upgrade' Grant Holt with RvW and we ended up with a race-horse rather than a work horse...

BUT - from what I saw today, Pukki didnt play particularly well, like the rest of the team, but still took his chance when it came his way. I thought this is what we would get from Hooper, as when we first had him he looked the business, though ultimately he went off the boil. But Hooper could finish and so can Pukki.

Today I thought, he might be a player you see very little of in the Premier League, but he could make the critical difference if he can take the chances when they come his way, even if he is cold. Id like to know what his xG is, because in the Premier League if he can take the chances that come his way, even if he doesnt offer what a striker in the Grant Holt mould might, he could be invaluable 

I don't think we play well without Buendia. If we go up I think it will be a Hail Mary every game, enjoy and get what we can. Maybe Pukki will do well.

Most people in Finland are unaware of him, so he perhaps he could even make a name for himself there if we do well.

GMD - Imo, Pukki will do well in the Prem. He is an absolute workhorse, creates space for others and crucially, doesn't rely on pace or beating players to score. The key to Pukki's success this season is clever movement and clinical finishing - it's not just that he finishes the chances he gets, it is the way he finishes them that makes me think he'll be successful. At least 20 of his goals have been first or second touch finishes. He puts the ball away with minimal fuss, and doesn't keep it long enough for it to be taken off him and therefore the step up in quality of defenders shouldn't have as much impact as it otherwise might. Don't think he'll be quite as prolific but I'd back him to score 12-15.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Most people in Finland are unaware of him, so he perhaps he could even make a name for himself there if we do well.

Pukki is the national team centre forward and has been for years. He is comfortably their best player. I have Finnish family who aren't particularly into football, and they are well aware who Pukki is. Did you just make this up in your head because you thought it would make you sound knowledgable?

Edited by kick it off

No just I have many Finnish friends and they are more into ice hockey and basketball. To them football isn't relevant. But if you have better info than I stand corrected. Pukki is class and is integral to our play, let alone his goals.

8 minutes ago, kick it off said:

GMD - Imo, Pukki will do well in the Prem. He is an absolute workhorse, creates space for others and crucially, doesn't rely on pace or beating players to score. The key to Pukki's success this season is clever movement and clinical finishing - it's not just that he finishes the chances he gets, it is the way he finishes them that makes me think he'll be successful. At least 20 of his goals have been first or second touch finishes. He puts the ball away with minimal fuss, and doesn't keep it long enough for it to be taken off him and therefore the step up in quality of defenders shouldn't have as much impact as it otherwise might. Don't think he'll be quite as prolific but I'd back him to score 12-15.

I saw a video of his goals a few months ago, think he was on around 21 at the time. What struck me was that not one of them was a header. Not sure if he's scored with his head since then

3 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

No just I have many Finnish friends and they are more into ice hockey and basketball. To them football isn't relevant. But if you have better info than I stand corrected. Pukki is class and is integral to our play, let alone his goals.

I imagine Litmanen must have been a household name. Pukki isnt in his calibre, but if he does well in the Prem Im sure he'll come to their attention

I think he will score plenty for us to survive as long as we can press. He's definitely intelligent enough to play in a lot of premiership sides. Pure class

On 14/04/2019 at 20:22, The Great Mass Debater said:

I saw a video of his goals a few months ago, think he was on around 21 at the time. What struck me was that not one of them was a header. Not sure if he's scored with his head since then

He has now. 🙂

• Like 1

Could be get his 30th goal of the season to promote us ageist Blackburn?! 

Fingers crossed. Had a sneaky £10 on him a couple of weeks in to the season to be top championship scorer £510 riding on it . . . 

Thought he was terrific today, never stops working and a great finish for the goal ......MOTM for me

Teemu Pukki player of the season, Leagues top goalscorer and in all competitions...

With

30 goals!(29leaguegoalsbutoneleaguecuponesoits30idontcare))

Legend.

• Like 1