Weren't we interested in him? Bullet dodged or could he do a job for us? Good on the ball but looks overweight and slow.

He probably looked their best player, in fairness. Still a tool though.

Edited by Grando

He did give us the third goal by panicking his mate. And ended Teemu's drought. Now the man has slaked his thirst he may go on a spree.

Thought he had something, but did look a touch ‘large’.  I’d not blame him for our third goal, it was an awful piece of control/pass by the guy he passed to.

Thought he was their best player when he came on, but how he managed to escape being booked/sent off is the biggest mystery since the Marie Celeste.

Also take a look at our fourth goal, it looks like Leistner ‘cleans out’ Onel as Pukki is about to shoot or square it, making sure he wasn’t going to get to any rebound or pass. He was lucky (... again) it got lost in the goal celebrations.

13 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Thought he had something, but did look a touch ‘large’.  I’d not blame him for our third goal, it was an awful piece of control/pass by the guy he passed to.

Indeed. A pass our CH's our make to Trybull a dozen times a game. 

Seems quite adept at committing a foul and getting away with. I like that in defender, but I'd rather have Godfrey and Zimm all day long.

I was hoping that we'd land this player, based upon his write ups at least.

He did seem to cut a strange figure though, whether this was fat or whether it was his natural body sculpture was difficult to ****. Pro footballers are not normally overweight this time of the year though.

He had been playing regularly under McClaren after all and didn't I hear he had been the captain of the side?

He did, however, look useful with no shortage of class, which in it's self proves that our scouting system is never far off the mark, whatever the outcome.

Edited by BroadstairsR

To me he clearly wanted to be playing out from the back, not hoofing it forward to Wells or Eze. Also, his fouls were almost always tactical -- he'd watched our "slow, slow, quick, quick, goal" pattern from the bench and, having come on, set out to try to stifle it before the "quick, quick" phase got started. On that basis, I would say he would be a good replacement for Hanley if it could be engineered. 

Added to which, he was useful against set pieces and obviously experienced in organising those around him.

Edited by westcoastcanary
Added final sentence

I think in our squad, under Farke, he would have been another Zimmerman but a defensive midfielder version, so perhaps more of a Trybull / Zimbo combination... a trimbo. QPR don't get the best out of him, clearly their training isn't to our level and so he's not looking particularly match sharp shall we say?

Edited by Michael Starr