Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Is anyone else petrified at the thought......

I have been critical of Worthy and some of his transfer dealings but lets be fair DDIM, when he has had larger amounts of money to spend he spent fairly well in Hux & Ashton. 

There is nothing wrong with a bit constructive criticism but in all honesty Worthy spent approximately £500k in the summer as only half of the Hughes fee is based on promotion and other clauses.  What other 5 players could he have got for half a million that would have improved our squad?  Maybe the board should have allowed him to spend more money?

I seem to recall a Pink Un poll at the start of the season which expressed overall satisfaction with Worthy''s signings and a general attitude that JJ bottler was more like JJ Okocha (I might have mis-spelled that).

We are all culpable of too much faith in players. Worthy and Co. most of all because they are supposed to be ''in the know'' but hindsight is the only precise science so let''s not try to sound too clever.

Also, if we keep calling the next match Worthy''s last we will at some stage be correct. That doesn''t make us experts, it doesn''t mean those of opposite views should be villified, it doesn''t preclude others from changing their minds and it certainly doesn''t mean the constants doom mongers should be held up as prophets.

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]Of Worthington having £4-5M to spend in January!?  God only knows who he''ll buy!  Considering his recent transfer record we''ll have a bigger squad of Colin''s, Jarrett''s and Thorne''s [:''(] [:''(][/quote]

I know it doesnt make it any better, and he is accountable for it, but wasnt everybody happy with those three signings at the time?

I was happy but seriously wooried about the lack of creative players and a decent Center Midfielder to partner Safri.  A problem we still have not sorted.

Also i didnt realise that the players were as shit as they are i mean louis jean, jarrett, Andy hughes - all hopeless. Jurgen colin doesnt even cross the half way line.....

Not me trent - thought JJ would be OK but hughes was an abhorration from the moment it was rumoured...

Worthys record on transfers is actually OK - its how he uses them thats the problem - JJ or Thorne as a right winger HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...[:@]

OTBC

they are summer dealings, i dont think he has ever got anyone good in summer. but in January he does seem to spend a bit on quality. Svenson, McKenzie, Huckerby, Ashton

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Not me trent - thought JJ would be OK but hughes was an abhorration from the moment it was rumoured...

Worthys record on transfers is actually OK - its how he uses them thats the problem - JJ or Thorne as a right winger HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...[:@]

OTBC

[/quote]

ZLF - I was only really referring to the players mentioned in the original post (Thorne, Colin and JJ) All of whom we seemed happy with. Hughes on the other hand..

For anyone who remembers my many run-ins with Campbell pre season, I called the summer signings, weak and inept.

Maybe you should give me more credit then you do, or are you all too busy calling me names?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Maybe you should give me more credit then you

do, or are you all too busy calling me names?.[/quote]

Too busy laughing.

i think that worthingtons going to panic buy regardless if he has 5 million or 50 million... he will get in players in the hope of turning it round, maybe they wont gel, they might have attitudes and it will just be more of a headachhe for the new manager...

The board should be stringent with the finances... we have a team good enough to get out of this mess.... it just needs the right man at the helm.

jas :)

Actually withered, nothing that happens on here hurts or particularly bothers me, it''s only a message board and all the ridiculous rants on here I take with a very large pinch of salt. I just enjoy winding you up as you think your opinion is the only correct one and you''re never, ever wrong.

Merry Christmas