9 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think LDC is simply taking a lead from DF's attitude not to assume anything beyond the next game. DF quite reasonably, wants the team focussed and on its toes for each game and there's no question that the sentiments of fans do spill over into teams. 

Fearing that might spill over in chats in a forum may be a bit extreme, but I can see the logic to avoid it spilling over into the atmosphere at Carrow Road on a match day. 

Eureka. Thanks lyb, I was beginning to think I spoke a different language.  Nice to know there are people who understand what I have been trying to say. 

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Eureka. Thanks lyb, I was beginning to think I spoke a different language.  Nice to know there are people who understand what I have been trying to say. 

Again, we all understood it. We just think its stupid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I mean if we, as football fans, can't get a little carried away and excitable when, in a season where it was far from expected we're top of the league and points clear, then when can we? 

Seasons like this don't happen that often. We've been more than spoilt with the kind of football we've seen this season, but we've also generally been spoilt over the last 10 years or so. There are so, so many clubs that have had nothing like the rollercoaster we've had.

I'm confident leading up to every game. Then when I get to the ground, i'm suddenly a nervous wreck. Then we score and literally pass through the opposition and I'm dreaming of the champions league in a couple of years. We concede and my first thought is Max Aarons is off to Palace. It's football - it's emotional - or at least it should be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It was supposed to be a joke.

Oh.

Better luck next time.

46 minutes ago, king canary said:

Again, we all understood it. We just think its stupid.

Nope, you have not understood and neither have those who think it was about stopping people celebrating, enjoying, getting excited, anticipating, looking forwards etc.  It was about something more subtle than that, but subtle doesn't go down very well on here. 

I get people don't want to think too much about it, but there is a difference between believing something will happen and thinking it already has happened and there are one or two who are behaving as if promotion has already happened.  I am as full of belief that we will get promoted as anyone, but I know what I read, I know what others say (Michael Bailey for one) about people taking things for granted at a match - and if even one or two on the forum show signs of complacency, that means there will be some at a match who will be thinking in the same way.

That is all, but people can carry on taking the mick if they want, it's par for the course on here.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nope, you have not understood and neither have those who think it was about stopping people celebrating, enjoying, getting excited, anticipating, looking forwards etc.  It was about something more subtle than that, but subtle doesn't go down very well on here. 

I get people don't want to think too much about it, but there is a difference between believing something will happen and thinking it already has happened and there are one or two who are behaving as if promotion has already happened.  I am as full of belief that we will get promoted as anyone, but I know what I read, I know what others say (Michael Bailey for one) about people taking things for granted at a match - and if even one or two on the forum show signs of complacency, that means there will be some at a match who will be thinking in the same way.

That is all, but people can carry on taking the mick if they want, it's par for the course on here.

Bore off.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Still understand, still stupid.

• Like 1

I'm with you kc but I can't be bothered anymore, he's wrong and he knows it,  credit where due, he's managed to get 6 pages of attention out of it. 

Ultimately, he's gone down in my estimation, he comes across as plausible, maybe even intelligent, dragging this nonsense along just comes across as attention seeking. 

Just now, splendidrush said:

I'm with you kc but I can't be bothered anymore, he's wrong and he knows it,  credit where due, he's managed to get 6 pages of attention out of it. 

Ultimately, he's gone down in my estimation, he comes across as plausible, maybe even intelligent, dragging this nonsense along just comes across as attention seeking. 

It is totally in keeping with his normal way.

He basically seems to have appointed himself as some form of fan police, who takes on a noble cause of bringing balance to our fan base- like a very boring Darth Vader.

11 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think LDC is simply taking a lead from DF's attitude not to assume anything beyond the next game. DF quite reasonably, wants the team focussed and on its toes for each game and there's no question that the sentiments of fans do spill over into teams. 

Fearing that might spill over in chats in a forum may be a bit extreme, but I can see the logic to avoid it spilling over into the atmosphere at Carrow Road on a match day. 

(Hi I'm back 🙂 ) Lyb it could be argued that it has spilled over into the atmosphere for many many weeks with the "City are going up and the scum are going down" song, yet it hasn't affected the players one jot. The team are focused, there is no doubt whatsoever, their attitude is perfect.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I do not think I have said anything wrong. Probably why I can't let it go.....

People don't like being told how to support, I get that, but I've always said what I think, whether it's popular or not. I don't think complacency is a serious problem and I have said all along it isn't, but imo it is something to be aware of, that's all.  

Cmon Preston, do what you did to us at your place. Be watching kicking, heading saving every ball! Then if we win tomorrow and Sunday, good Friday will just be a celebration 💚💛

STOP PRESS!!

Daniel Farke has just addressed Lake District Canary directly in the press conference for tomorrow's game. This follows (pages and pages of) reports of continuing nervousness and self-restraint amongst supporters, which risks being communicated to the players on the pitch:

Lifelong City supporters have enjoyed great seasons. But to win a title does not happen that often. We have lads from the academy and you feel this season is special. My message to the fans is to enjoy it and make the most of it. Let’s get together and reach the final target.”

The hound is off the leash! Canary's off his perch! etc.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

How about now?

Still stupid. We're not losing because someone posted confidently on a forum.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Still stupid. We're not losing because someone posted confidently on a forum.

Creates a complacent atmosphere and that goal came about because of complacency. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Creates a complacent atmosphere and that goal came about because of complacency. 

You too, can go on the stupid list.

• Like 3

I wonder what the odds are LDC is smugly sitting in his armchair dying to say “I told you so” (even though we’re still 7 points clear with fewer games remaining) 😂🤣😂🤣😅🤣 ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I wonder what the odds are LDC is smugly sitting in his armchair dying to say “I told you so” (even though we’re still 7 points clear with fewer games remaining) 😂🤣😂🤣😅🤣 ?

Do you ever have anything constructive to say, or do you use your intellect just to try and be a clever d*ck?

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Seven points is less than three wins. I'm not pretending we're not in a damned good position. In spite of missing out on all three points with only seconds to spare tonight. It was a great game. Still doesn't change the fact that you guys are starting to sound the way Leeds fans did not so long ago. 

I'm more than happy for you folks to be proved right in the end, but stop assuming it's all done and dusted for crying out loud. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Do you ever have anything constructive to say, or do you use your intellect just to try and be a clever d*ck?

No/yes