2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Personally, I can't find it in myself to celebrate something that hasn't happened yet.

Fine. Can you not celebrate more quietly, please, and let the rest of us get on with it? Cheers.

Olé olé, olé olé, going up up up

• Like 1

NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE US (Unless you're LDC)

Hmph. Doesn't have the same 'flow'

It's a bit amusing watch LDC preach about how the job isn't done while two seasons ago he was trying to convince us we could still win the league whilst 10 points outside the playoffs 😂 where's your optimism now?!

Though I am somewhat inclined to agree a little bit as it really isn't job done just yet, plenty can happen in the next three games!

I have no qualms about stating which side of the fence I sit

start up the engine - it's ours

_52651048_norwich_city_parade_15.jpg

1 hour ago, Ginja said:

It's a bit amusing watch LDC preach about how the job isn't done while two seasons ago he was trying to convince us we could still win the league whilst 10 points outside the playoffs 😂 where's your optimism now?!

Though I am somewhat inclined to agree a little bit as it really isn't job done just yet, plenty can happen in the next three games!

It because he just likes to be contrary.

Either that or he thinks the pinkun doesn't understand basic maths. Two years ago was 'mathematically we're not out of the running for top 2' last season it was the play-offs, this season it's...also the playoffs?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, king canary said:

It because he just likes to be contrary.

Either that or he thinks the pinkun doesn't understand basic maths. Two years ago was 'mathematically we're not out of the running for top 2' last season it was the play-offs, this season it's...also the playoffs?

He's an attention seeker at the end of the day, firmly believe he chooses the response that will get him the most replies!

2 hours ago, Ginja said:

"where's your optimism now?!"

It wasn't optimism then, any more than it is negativism now. At any point in time, the future has not been written yet and anything can still happen.  I suppose I would have hoped that we could have put on a spurt in the last two seasons to get us up into the playoffs - hope allied to the knowledge that there were enough points available, should we show some improvement - but it wasn't blind optimism.  This season is different, we are ahead of the game, but the principle still applies - anything can still happen while points are available......  

5 minutes ago, Ginja said:

He's an attention seeker at the end of the day, firmly believe he chooses the response that will get him the most replies!

Not so.  My responses are reasoned and consistent.  It's about the future not having been written and trying to have a balanced approach to what may or may not happen.

If things look bad, you respond with positivity to counteract the negativity, hence if we are 2-1 down at home against Huddersfield (which we were and who were playing brilliantly) you would expect the crowd to get behind the players and hence my annoyance at hearing the crowd turn against the team when they needed the opposite. 

Likewise, if we are doing really well (which we are) you temper that with a note of realism so as you don't get carried away with it. 

Many football supporters want the extremes - they sing "We're going up up up" and "we're gonna win the league" - which is great, but many will turn on their team/manager very quickly if things aren't as good as they want (weren't some calling for Farke's head earlier this season??).   It's the nature of football fans as a whole.   

Unfortunately for them, some of us don't fit that blueprint of a football fan and see things a little differently.  My attitude to football and I think everything else is not to assume anything about the future.  Imo you can improve your future by being better in the present - and actually that ties in with the message coming out of Carrow Road - to play well you stay in the present, you don't worry about things you can't control (ie the future) and you just focus on and enjoy the process of what you are doing.  I like that message as it ties in with the way I think.  So onwards and upwards, but we aren't there yet 😉.

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

People used to blame Morty for this ..

Most threads ended up in a Morty/Lakey 'post-off' and it got a bit silly before Morty flounced off.

I still miss it somehow though.

• Like 1

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Most threads ended up in a Morty/Lakey 'post-off' and it got a bit silly before Morty was banned.

I still miss it somehow though.

FTFY

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginja said:

FTFY

LOL - he tried to claim he was off anyway!

It was really a bit like Buendia who was needled for most of the game on Saturday and then 'snapped'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

This season is different, we are ahead of the game, but the principle still applies - anything can still happen while points are available......  

As has been pointed out to you multiple times though- posters on here aren't morons. We know we could lose all 6 remaining game. Similarly I know it is possible a plane will fall out of the sky and crush me today. However I don't feel the need to keep this possibility in mind every time I plan for my weekend.

"where's your optimism now?!"

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipiscing elit massa sed lacus, sapien potenti sociosqu urna penatibus posuere vivamus gravida. Egestas tellus netus lectus odio non sem porttitor, parturient sagittis congue senectus vivamus mollis facilisi class, elementum natoque risus montes leo est. Aliquam quis fames facilisi metus maecenas mollis malesuada dignissim tortor urna, natoque libero ornare placerat ultrices integer sed magnis.

Sed at nullam viverra accumsan congue vivamus urna inceptos dignissim, leo velit tristique dui habitant nulla placerat euismod ligula augue, duis metus venenatis nisi tempor parturient penatibus facilisis. Augue facilisi velit fermentum felis vitae ac sapien non libero, dapibus mus mattis netus parturient vulputate commodo lobortis, platea habitant tristique odio maecenas natoque hac fusce. Cursus gravida ac molestie mus tempor etiam mi litora aliquet, nunc ad hac curae torquent parturient sed sollicitudin tellus, justo vulputate habitasse rutrum vestibulum velit iaculis ****.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipiscing elit massa sed lacus, sapien potenti sociosqu urna penatibus posuere vivamus gravida. Egestas tellus netus lectus odio non sem porttitor, parturient sagittis congue senectus vivamus mollis facilisi class, elementum natoque risus montes leo est. Aliquam quis fames facilisi metus maecenas mollis malesuada dignissim tortor urna, natoque libero ornare placerat ultrices integer sed magnis.

Sed at nullam viverra accumsan congue vivamus urna inceptos dignissim, leo velit tristique dui habitant nulla placerat euismod ligula augue, duis metus venenatis nisi tempor parturient penatibus facilisis. Augue facilisi velit fermentum felis vitae ac sapien non libero, dapibus mus mattis netus parturient vulputate commodo lobortis, platea habitant tristique odio maecenas natoque hac fusce. Cursus gravida ac molestie mus tempor etiam mi litora aliquet, nunc ad hac curae torquent parturient sed sollicitudin tellus, justo vulputate habitasse rutrum vestibulum velit iaculis ****.

Nah.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Can we get a translation for the Comprehensive kids among us? :classic_tongue:

Google Translate is having a breakdown

image.thumb.png.5a8537c32b0c57c3f8092110a101ebc6.png

"Lorem ipsum" is Latin placeholder text that publishers use when they don't have live content. It's basically what I read when Lakey goes off on one.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

image.png.011fc8a93155d21106d22688ab1fa5da.png

42 minutes ago, king canary said:

Minion memes.

Makes sense.

Ahh, I see it now too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Likewise, if we are doing really well (which we are) you temper that with a note of realism so as you don't get carried away with it.

No, the whole point is to go batsh it crazy at that point. It is to get carried away with it, just as I did after our third goalon Saturday. I fact I was thinking of six or seven by the end.

Bsed on what ? How we had played in the first half, that's what. Of course a piano could fall out of the sky and squash the ref so they game might be stopped.

It is up to each supporter how they react as regards optimism, blind faith or serious delusion. As far as my belief is concerned on this matter it is one of having watched some of the consistently finest play I have seen a City team play. From last years tippity tap to this years rippity rap as they tear opposition teams apart.

And as certain as I am about us being Champions I am also certain that nothing I do, or anything else anyone else on here does, will make a blind bit of difference to how things turn out.

They say you should not look back with regrets about what you might have done - well if we do fail to get promoted then I don't want to look back and think I could have been as happy as a pig in sh it during those weeks leading up to that failure, so I will continue to believe we will be champions as either way it turns out I will have had had some great weeks celebrating it, come what may 😋

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.png.011fc8a93155d21106d22688ab1fa5da.png

This is probably the saddest thing you've ever posted. Can everyone remember this for next time Lakey plays the victim card, please?

I think LDC is simply taking a lead from DF's attitude not to assume anything beyond the next game. DF quite reasonably, wants the team focussed and on its toes for each game and there's no question that the sentiments of fans do spill over into teams. 

Fearing that might spill over in chats in a forum may be a bit extreme, but I can see the logic to avoid it spilling over into the atmosphere at Carrow Road on a match day. 

• Thanks 1

Is this still going on? No wonder so many people don't post on here anymore. 

All I can say is, ldc, you'll never be lonely.