27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't get off on it, but if I have to spread a few home truths to people I think are misguided then so be it. I don't come on here to be popular, I come on here to give my opinions.  

For the record I think most people have a good asttitude to the promotion campaign, but despite what splendish rush says, there have been signs of complacency on here from a few people. If I see it again I will continue to comment on it, as is my right.

I have been confident of promotion since November 3rd and confident of the title since November 10th. That's not complacent, that's belief. Belief in Farke, belief in the squad, and belief in the project they have built. If you don't believe in Farke and the squad despite all the evidence of this season, that's your call. If you insist on being a **** over "complacency" at least ensure you understand what complacency is, and do it to somebody else because I have zero interest in your self-righteous twattery. 

Nobody has said the season is over, we all accept there is work left to do, but the "complacency" you refer to is me discussing with somebody who will travel thousands of miles to be at the promotion parade, exactly what the arrangements were last time so he has an idea of what preparations he will need to make, and discussing speculatively when the parade might be based on the incredibly likely fact we'll go up. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course you convceniently forget the start of this season when the negativity was at a ridiculous level. How did that one pan out kio?

I thought you preferred nowism? On the basis of "nowism" how else were people expected to see that particular string of results? Some of us realists saw the progress in terms of some elements of performance from that one - read my write up from the opening day away at Blues if you want my thoughts on that, but ultimately "nowists" like yourself must have seen so many defeats and concluded we were in for a relegation battle....unless of course you do engage in sophistry and have made up "nowism" in order to be pretentious and precious for this specific debate.... which couldn't possibly be the case.....

Or does "nowism" only exist when it gives you opportunity to be condescending, and not apply when you decide that you need to take another polarised view in order to gain attention?

LDC always takes the contrary view to create an argument and get some attention. Either that or he’s clueless about football. Probably both tbh. See also: Snodgrass/RvW/Alex Neil/Rudd the next De Gea/Dorrans as left winger.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

For the record I think most people have a good asttitude to the promotion campaign, but despite what splendish rush says, there have been signs of complacency on here from a few people. If I see it again I will continue to comment on it, as is my right.

Correct, it is your right .... except you are wrong, there is no complacency, no one is taking anything for granted, there's an expectation but that's completely different. 

7 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Correct, it is your right .... except you are wrong, there is no complacency, no one is taking anything for granted, there's an expectation but that's completely different. 

I wouldn't even say expectation. I think sheer force of belief more than anything. We all know it could all go wrong, but there is nothing except sheer unwavering belief on my part that even if a game or two goes wrong, we'll still get the job done. I don't expect to win every remaining game, and I don't expect that we will steamroller all our remaining opponents - If people were saying send out the youths against Reading cuz we're already up, that would be complacent.

What I do think, is that the realists who can draw a sensible analysis of our position accept that it could all go wrong but do not believe that will happen because we have faith in Farke and the squad... based on the evidence of the last 35 or so games.

If LDC doesn't share faith and belief in our manager and squad then that's his issue imo. No more attention will be given to him from these quarters.

Edited by kick it off

You know when the season is effectively finished when there is a massive "them against LDC" thread generated on here. 

Myself, I always go with Ricardo's gut reading - he seems quietly confident we are there so good enough for me.

Given our current position we need everybody to be onboard and to be positive.

From now on it's all about confidence, momentum and everyone having total belief in the team.

The last thing we need is LDC endlessly expressing negative thoughts and having doubts about our ability to get the job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find it quite amusing that people believe that fans over confidence has any bearing on what will happen in 90 minutes on the pitch! If we **** it up from this position it will be the **** up of all **** ups! Fans over confidence will have had no influence on it. 

• Like 1

Two games ago I was approximately in the Lake District camp (no- not Great Langdale), but the wonderful performances and results at Boro and in yesterday’s home banana skin finally allowed me to believe we’ll do it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

what splendish rush says’

Am I the only one that read that in the voice of Schteve McClaren’s Dutch alter ego?

Yeah, thought so 😂

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Given our current position we need everybody to be onboard and to be positive.

From now on it's all about confidence, momentum and everyone having total belief in the team.

The last thing we need is LDC endlessly expressing negative thoughts and having doubts about our ability to get the job done.

I can't quite understand how saying the job isn't done yet is in any way negative and I have blatantly NOT said anything about having doubts that we can do it. It's not saying we won't do it, it's not casting doubt on our ability to do it, but as usual some people fail to understand the point being made, either because they are just being mischevious or they really are as thick as they seem (or are hoola han solo, who loves a bandwagon). 

Saying the job is not done yet is the reality of the situation. What is it with some people and being able to accept how things are? We are in a fantastic position and everyone is on board, everyone has belief, everyone - including me - is positive about our ability to finish the job, but the job is not done yet. Get used to it, until it happens, hopefully in the next couple or three games.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

some people fail to understand the point being made, either because they are just being mischevious or they really are as thick as they seem (or are hoola han solo, who loves a bandwagon). 

Or alternatively they think the point is stupid.

You're the only person who seems to think fans being too positive or negative on this forum has any bearing on what happens on the pitch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

You're the only person who seems to think fans being too positive or negative on this forum has any bearing on what happens on the pitch. 

Maybe LDC has commendable concern for the well-being of fellow Pinkun posters. He's just imagining how bad ending up in the play-offs and then losing at Wembley would make people feel ..........

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

D3lErfjWAAIMxdv.jpg:large

From @Experimental361 - I need to get a ruler out to check how far off 100% we are for Lakey's benefit

[edit] KIO beat me to it

image.png.03329de38c64c55091925b71f575cf9a.png

Edited by Icecream Snow

9 hours ago, kick it off said:

D3lErfjWAAIMxdv.jpg:large

Yeah but this table doesn't factor in that people on the pinkun are too confident of promotion so it's worthless really...

9 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Maybe LDC has commendable concern for the well-being of fellow Pinkun posters. He's just imagining how bad ending up in the play-offs and then losing at Wembley would make people feel ..........

😀 No, I just don't like seeing people behaving as if we are already promoted. Anticipating it is one thing, acting like it has already happened is another.

We are all grown adults LDC. We are NOT stupid. We all know that there are 3 points for a win and 18 points to play for. We also know we are not 18+ points ahead of the third place team. That seems to have completely passed you by.

When you answered 'Yes' to the question "Do you know how pompous you sound", that summed it up for me. Substitute patronising for pompous would not look out of place here.

• Like 1

If you don't like seeing people behaving (anticipating?) that we are already (going to be?) promoted then scroll by and leave grown men and women to their moment of fun.

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

😀 No, I just don't like seeing people behaving as if we are already promoted. Anticipating it is one thing, acting like it has already happened is another.

Acting as if you believe something is a well-established technique for actually making yourself believe it. All these "grown men and women" that Crabby refers to, clearly can't face the "will we, won't we" uncertainty of waiting for the moment when hope is actually realised or dashed. Rather than being exasperated by them, you should join me in feeling sorry for them LDC :classic_biggrin: 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

We are all grown adults LDC. We are NOT stupid. We all know that there are 3 points for a win and 18 points to play for. We also know we are not 18+ points ahead of the third place team. That seems to have completely passed you by.

When you answered 'Yes' to the question "Do you know how pompous you sound", that summed it up for me. Substitute patronising for pompous would not look out of place here.

Do you really think that my comments on this subnject have been directed at you or the vast majority of people on here?   I have targeted two or three posters who I have seen on several occasions over the last couple of weeks using language that made it look as if we were already promoted and I just wanted to highlight the fact that the job is not done yet.  No big deal, accept of course that if you tug at a lions's tale it is going to turn round and snap at you, which is what happened.

Why my comments get taken as being I am talking about every fan, I don't know, that must be my fault for not explaining myself well enough. 

Personally, I can't find it in myself to celebrate something that hasn't happened yet. It's a bit like and upcoming birthday - you know it is there in a few weeks and you look forward to it, but you don't actually celebrate it until the day.  As far as football is concerned you celebrate the victories as they happen and look forward to the promotion that will occur if those victories continue, but until you cross that line, it is false to think you are there when you are not. 

I repeat, this is not a complaint on fans as a whole, just on those who can't accept we are not promoted yet. Another game or two and we will be if we can keep winning, but we are not there until we are there. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Do you really think that my comments on this subnject have been directed at you or the vast majority of people on here?   I have targeted two or three posters who I have seen on several occasions over the last couple of weeks using language that made it look as if we were already promoted and I just wanted to highlight the fact that the job is not done yet.  No big deal, accept of course that if you tug at a lions's tale it is going to turn round and snap at you, which is what happened.

Why my comments get taken as being I am talking about every fan, I don't know, that must be my fault for not explaining myself well enough. 

Personally, I can't find it in myself to celebrate something that hasn't happened yet. It's a bit like and upcoming birthday - you know it is there in a few weeks and you look forward to it, but you don't actually celebrate it until the day.  As far as football is concerned you celebrate the victories as they happen and look forward to the promotion that will occur if those victories continue, but until you cross that line, it is false to think you are there when you are not. 

I repeat, this is not a complaint on fans as a whole, just on those who can't accept we are not promoted yet. Another game or two and we will be if we can keep winning, but we are not there until we are there. 

DB0EED19-54E3-4463-B6B3-266FA28AB4F0.gif

Give it a rest.

Non topic.

Boring.

The topic  title refers to Leeds, which can be of interest. Click on it and we get repetitive and silly squabbling.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think people get sick of you patronising them tbh. You’ve gone with the contrary view and stubbornly dug your heels in when everybody has said you’re talking rubbish. But of course it’s our fault for being excited about promotion (and everybody’s fault when they’re negative too)

• Like 1

It was the royal 'We' LDC, not me , nor the 'majority' that you refer to. It was you coming out with stuff that is blindingly (patronisingly) obvious, and just doesn't need to be said. 

Let people have their say. You said exactly the same about your own comments, even though some may say that just because you can, doesn't mean you have to.

Just scroll by ffs. I'm finished on this subject, so over to you if you want to carry on.

I had finished with this subject ages ago, but funny, isn't it, people keep replying on it, which kind of perpetuates the topic.  It's perfectly obvious to me I am stating the obvious, but the original point of it all (that there were one or two people posting who appeared under the illusion that promotion has already happened) has been lost. 

• Sad 1

Can somebody please give Lakey the last word on this or history tells us he just won't stop?! He has an unfixable software flaw!