4 hours ago, kick it off said:

He missed a sitter on the floor too - edge of 6 yard box getting on end of cross and put it over.

Just seen it. 50p foot😀.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Doesn't matter what Leeds or Sheff U do from here on in, they ain't gonna catch us.

We only need to draw a couple of games or lose one game and the second place team will be at our heels.  Yes, we should have enough to seem them off, but if the two clubs below us keep winning - which they could - the pressure will mount if we don't keep winning ourselves. 

We still have to win it, it ain't going to win itself.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

A game of Beach Football then, maybe we could play it at Yarmouth if the tide is out. Not so many beaches round villa way.

no way, no letting up....................they've the close season for that

we've only lost away to two teams in the top half of the table so far, 1 out of the top 9

an incredible record so let's give our fantastic away fans a memorable end to the season - a win in front of what will be one of the biggest crowds of the season we've played in front of

take the title in style, so there is no what ifs about any one result

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

no way, no letting up....................they've the close season for that

we've only lost away to two teams in the top half of the table so far, 1 out of the top 9

an incredible record so let's give our fantastic away fans a memorable end to the season - a win in front of what will be one of the biggest crowds of the season we've played in front of

take the title in style, so there is no what ifs about any one result

Calm down, are you another one that needs a pm prior to me posting something in jest?

yes, that would be handy

better let me know that you have sent me a pm

and what it is about as I rarely check them

LDC, if we draw the next 2 games and Leeds win their next two, we will still be 4 points(and a few goals)  ahead with 4 games to play, that is not snapping at our heels. Look, we get that you are hesitant. 99% of us are not, and there are plenty of us who have seen a lot of things in football, can see how we are dominating the opposition and we are embracing the moment, and the immediate future.

We are also respectful of all other teams, but most of us cannot see a weak enough link in our team to see that we will capitulate on such a massive scale, so excuse us, whilst we, and the rest of the footballing world are 'presuming' our promotion.

EFL on Quest didn't have us as the first 2 games tonight. They are focusing on the battle between Leeds and Sheff Utd

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

we've only lost away to two teams . . period

blimey, better than I thought

I wonder what our lowest number of away defeats is

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

LDC, if we draw the next 2 games and Leeds win their next two, we will still be 4 points(and a few goals)  ahead with 4 games to play, that is not snapping at our heels. 

This, sorry Crabby,I've run out of likes. 😱

13 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

LDC, if we draw the next 2 games and Leeds win their next two, we will still be 4 points(and a few goals)  ahead with 4 games to play, that is not snapping at our heels. Look, we get that you are hesitant. 99% of us are not, and there are plenty of us who have seen a lot of things in football, can see how we are dominating the opposition and we are embracing the moment, and the immediate future.

We are also respectful of all other teams, but most of us cannot see a weak enough link in our team to see that we will capitulate on such a massive scale, so excuse us, whilst we, and the rest of the footballing world are 'presuming' our promotion.

EFL on Quest didn't have us as the first 2 games tonight. They are focusing on the battle between Leeds and Sheff Utd

Yes, but what if we lost our next 3 and Sheff U and Leeds both won their next 3?

• Haha 1

An amazing stat, since losing to Leeds back in August, we have only lost 3 out of 35 games.. that has to be up there as one of the best and most consistent runs in our history surely? Im usually the ultimate pessimist but with confidence in the team sky high, 8 straight wins, scoring goals for fun etc etc, losing 3 of the last 6 would take a COLASSAL decline on our part.

Travelling back, still buzzzzing from our result, I just listen to music on the radio.  When I got back I was very pleased to see that we'd pulled even further away - onward and upward !

6 minutes ago, Ian said:
20 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Yes, but what if we lost our next 3 and Sheff U and Leeds both won their next 3?

It's unlikely, of course, but lose one and that might focus minds a bit more and make people realise it's not over yet and that there is work to do. 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's unlikely, of course, but lose one and that might focus minds a bit more and make people realise it's not over yet and that there is work to do.

you don't say

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not sure what more a team can do than win 8 out of 8 to prove that minds are focused?

LDC, we might lose one, but do you honestly think that we would then crumble from there? When I say we, of course I mean the players. They are focused, confident without being cocky or presumptuous. Please do not keep using the mathematically possible argument because there is SO much more to this debate than that, and you know it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

We only need to draw a couple of games or lose one game and the second place team will be at our heels.  Yes, we should have enough to seem them off, but if the two clubs below us keep winning - which they could - the pressure will mount if we don't keep winning ourselves. 

We still have to win it, it ain't going to win itself.

That's what Farke will be telling the lads, but I reckon it's acceptable for us to believe that we've got it just about done and dusted...another great weekend #otbc 

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

LDC, we might lose one, but do you honestly think that we would then crumble from there? When I say we, of course I mean the players. They are focused, confident without being cocky or presumptuous. Please do not keep using the mathematically possible argument because there is SO much more to this debate than that, and you know it.

Win the game against Reading and I will be confident. 87 points with five games remaining should see us there, but draw or lose it even and the Wigan match takes on a more serious look to it - then we have tough games after that. Sheff Wed will be no picnic, either.  Every time I look at it I think the next game is crucial.  Middsbro was massive and today too. Reading is another one. If we want promotion to be "easy" then we need to win that.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Win the game against Reading and I will be confident. 87 points with five games remaining should see us there, but draw or lose it even and the Wigan match takes on a more serious look to it - then we have tough games after that. Sheff Wed will be no picnic, either.  Every time I look at it I think the next game is crucial.  Middsbro was massive and today too. Reading is another one. If we want promotion to be "easy" then we need to win that.

.... and the next one, then the one after that.  That's how it works,  simple really,  the Team with the most points wins. Right now we're bossing this, and as things stand we can't finish lower than 4th so all in all, not a bad season I think you'll agree. So cheer up, it's been good so far and likely to get better, if you can't agree at least allow the rest of us to enjoy the ride. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’ve gone from the most positive fan (around September) to the most negative Lakey. Ironic indeed . 

Rubbish. I try to stay in the present, that is all.  Points are there to be won or lost by any team at any time. Same last season when I said the points were there to be won.

People write us off too easily - as they did at the beginning of this season, then all of a sudden because we are ahead, we can do no wrong.  It is simply a case of not getting too down when things go against us or too far ahead when things are going well.

We are doing very well, but this is football we are talking about, points are there to be won and lost by any team at any time. Ask Leeds or Sheff Utd.

We are on a fantastic run, but need that to continue. I hope it does, we certainly have the team to do it.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

People write us off too easily - as they did at the beginning of this season, then all of a sudden because we are ahead, we can do no wrong.  It is simply a case of not getting too down when things go against us or too far ahead when things are going well.

what do we want ?

moderation !

when do we want it ?

in due course

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

.... and the next one, then the one after that.  That's how it works,  simple really,  the Team with the most points wins. Right now we're bossing this, and as things stand we can't finish lower than 4th so all in all, not a bad season I think you'll agree. So cheer up, it's been good so far and likely to get better, if you can't agree at least allow the rest of us to enjoy the ride. 

I'm enjoying it fine, no problem. I have no trouble with people enjoying the ride either, just with those who think we have already secured promotion.  I have news for them.. we haven't done it yet!

Edited by lake district canary

1 hour ago, Bill said:

this year's Devon Lock

go to 1.25 mins

Or maybe it will be like Crisp and Red Rum. We're doomed I tell you - effin doomed!!!!!

39 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm enjoying it fine, no problem. I have no trouble with people enjoying the ride either, just with those who think we have already secured promotion.  I have news for them.. we haven't done it yet!

Nobody has said that we'd already secured promotion, you're making stuff up.  No doubt, when/if we're promoted, you'll be the first to let us know that we're likely to be relegated. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

You want us to lose a game to focus minds?? Winning 8 in a row isn’t focused enough? Farke hasn’t convinced you he knows what he’s doing and how to get the players prepared for each game?

You can be grounded and wait for mathematical certainty before celebrating promotion, but don’t be disrespectful and ridiculous

Edit: I’m guessing you’re talking about the fans. Doh. 

Well, as Farke has said, fans can dream. The players are focused.

Next season IF we go up will be a hard slog with not as much of the entertaining winning runs and scintillating football we’ve been blessed with this season, so I’m going to enjoy it all as much as I can now. 

Edited by Fiery Zac