Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Was it a a red?

I know QPR kicked him off the pitch but we can't use that fact as grounds for appeal. 

Was it a red? I was at the other end of the ground and it didn't look good from there 

Yeah, in fairness it probably was. Can't see an appeal being successful.

My complaint is the consistency from the ref. Leistner flew into Emi 10 seconds before the red, and also cynically kicked Hernandez after. Not even booked. Either was worthy of a yellow.

Three games for violent play I'm afraid. No point in appealing and risking more. 

Agree about the ref. One of the worst we have seen. Just by the sheer numbers of poor tackles on Buendia it seems ridiculous that we were the ones ending the game with 10 men.

I think it was a red, Emi just flew into the tackle, probably still stewing from being hacked down (yet again) a few seconds before. As for Leistner, I was raging for him to receive a second yellow, if only for the persistent fouling- he must have been penalised 4 or 5 times in all, only then did I realise he hadn’t even been booked for the cynical chop down earlier in the game. 😡. One other thing - Onel needs to be taught to be cleverer in the opponent’s box, a couple of times he bustled through in his usual style with defenders effectively wrestling / holding him back yet he stayed on his feet desperate to create a chance- admirable IMO but in these cynical times he is almost too honest!

25 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

I think it was a red, Emi just flew into the tackle, probably still stewing from being hacked down (yet again) a few seconds before. As for Leistner, I was raging for him to receive a second yellow, if only for the persistent fouling- he must have been penalised 4 or 5 times in all, only then did I realise he hadn’t even been booked for the cynical chop down earlier in the game. 😡. One other thing - Onel needs to be taught to be cleverer in the opponent’s box, a couple of times he bustled through in his usual style with defenders effectively wrestling / holding him back yet he stayed on his feet desperate to create a chance- admirable IMO but in these cynical times he is almost too honest!

With our penalty record this season we're more likely to score if he stays on his feet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

With our penalty record this season we're more likely to score if he stays on his feet!

Haha, fair comment :classic_biggrin:

No question, saw it replayed a few times by Sky and it was undoubtedly a dangerous two footed challenge.

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

No question, saw it replayed a few times by Sky and it was undoubtedly a dangerous two footed challenge.

Every tackle is technically two footed by that definition, simply because all pro footballers tend to have two feet.

Joking aside, that's not what a two footed tackle looks like, this is:

Yep, got home and watched it again, confrmed my thoughts at the ground....red card. Silly boy, but perhaps a good time to learn a lesson.

6 minutes ago, Orly said:

Every tackle is technically two footed by that definition, simply because all pro footballers tend to have two feet.

Joking aside, that's not what a two footed tackle looks like, this is:

I think you’d need to see Emi’s tackle alongside that one. From what I saw he was in the air with both feet raised. The result could have been a lot worse.

Anyway, opinions are like a**eholes... let’s agree to differ. I don’t want to bang on about it because on balance it is massively outweighed by his contribution this season and we still won 4-0. It also gives Farke a chance to bring one or two players who have been on the sidelines back into the first 11, so every cloud.

• Like 1

Definitely a red, but hopefully just a 1 game ban

8 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yep hope so. Farke seemed quite optimistic in the presser.

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Michael Bailey saying it is 3 game on twitter earlier. I've not heard what Farke said yet though

19 minutes ago, AJ said:

On what grounds? A straight red card for serious foul play is an automatic three-match ban.

Depends what the ref puts in his report. Whether it was Violent conduct etc I believe

Farke in his interview was suggesting that he did not expect a ban at all.

I was reasonably close and worried the moment I saw it. Having seen the replay I would say it looked worse in real-time than it does on review. The refereeing was certainly inconsistent as tackles that looked as bad went without punishment at all.

I claim no knowledge as to how the authorities determine the punishment other than the base rule seems to be three games for that type of challenge. So I think it is a case of plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I’ve looked at it several times and a two-footed lunge is very far from what it was, but he did certainly have both feet off the ground.  A 3-game ban would be incredibly harsh when you consider some of the dreadful challenges that go on, but I guess if that’s what the rules are then it is what it is.

You wouldn't think its a Red Card according to a bunch of big mouths in the South Stand who let fly at the linesman.

The dozen or so come in pissed every home game

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ve looked at it several times and a two-footed lunge is very far from what it was, but he did certainly have both feet off the ground.  A 3-game ban would be incredibly harsh when you consider some of the dreadful challenges that go on, but I guess if that’s what the rules are then it is what it is.

Yep, them's the rules. Would be astonished if it's any less than a three-game ban.

It was certainly a yellow 🙂 Yeah it was a red, but it deserves no more than a 1 game ban, however expect 3. 

On 06/04/2019 at 15:32, dylanisabaddog said:

I know QPR kicked him off the pitch but we can't use that fact as grounds for appeal. 

Was it a red? I was at the other end of the ground and it didn't look good from there 

• The wording of Law 12 is Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off