Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

I totally blame the Ref for the sending off

9 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I blame Buendia. We were 3-0 up, cruising, and there was absolutely no need. It was a red card all day long and it was impetuous. Now the plonker is out for three games 🙄🙄🙄

Simply this is a way that Buendia play and seems not matter of result for him .Always press for ball lol what a player!

He win so many duels today so a bit overconfident +too many fouls against him +overreaction QPR player ...

Just seen it again and slowed it right down. Nowhere near as bad as some are making out, next to no contact, the QPR player has conned the ref.

Not only was Leistner's tackle on Emi before on the same level, a QPR player went through the back of Cantwell after with a challenge worse than Emi's. At least the Cantwell one got a yellow. 

P*ss poor refereeing and that lino was awful all game. 

• Like 1

ironically this red card  is bad for QPR also  as our best player will miss probably some games against relegation candidates Reading and Wigan  and with only 4 5 pts abouve line  QPR is no doubt involved on this  right now.

Haven't seen the incident,  my concern is that, at 3-0 the game is won, Farke seems reluctant to make changes, changes that may have taken the heat out of the situation, but, more importantly, given some of our bench gametime. 

Quite right Swindon.

It was a great atmosphere within the ground and the team played well against admittedly weak opposition.

The red card shouldn't be the focal point, disappointing though it was.  It now offers an opportunity for Cantwell, Leitner &/or Vrancic.

7 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Don’t know what match you were watching, but the referee controlled the match very well. 

Sorry, but as it has now been stated by several people - including Farke - Buendia didn't touch the defender. 

How the Ref and Lino could get it so badly wrong is a mystery, in the context of the game it was a  Yellow card only.

Thought it was a yellow in real time (watching on tv) but replay convinced me the ref got the decision right. It should be a straight red. 

That said, agree that the referee was quite poor, not protecting our players especially emi. Farke probably could have subbed him but consider how that would look to emi. He was again outstanding all match and we all know how he hates being subbed. 

Not too concerned. Gives another of our outstanding midfield a chance.