Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

I totally blame the Ref for the sending off

Scott Duncan had a stinker today in a game that he should have been able to control from an armchair in the centre circle.

OK, so the foul from Buendia wasn't pretty, but bearing in mind he had been cynically chopped down moments earlier by Leistner who wasn't even spoken to by the Ref. The fact Leistner had committed enough bad/cynical fouls to have been sent off in two games and walks off at the end without even had a yellow must be extremely frustrating. I also know that you should keep your temper under control and not see the red mist, but today QPR committed 25 fouls and got two yellow cards, we committed 8. Lack of consistency and failure to protect the more skillful players is not nice to watch...

• Like 1

It was totally Buendia’s fault. He should have stayed cool and professional.

I love Buendia but he’s obviously got some maturing to still do, he’s lucky that his poor decision making is probably going to be inconsequential to our season.

Yes - agree with this. Firstly, no doubt it was a red for Emi. It happened right in front of me and the moment it did I said to the bloke next me "that's a straight red".

However, I've no idea how many fouls Leistner committed in the 60 or so minutes he was on the pitch, but it was a lot. Refs are supposed to look out for consistent fouling by one player, but we've seen time and time again this season that they just don't enforce this rule. Hence players do it because they think they'll get away with it - and Emi has been the recipient of this all season long. 

linesman give major advice for this red card to happen.

all in all Buendia look fly and play on very high speed and this overconfidence from his amazing form.

Also just before incident was foul against Max and also Leistner foul against him etc etc.

Too much adrenaline at the amazing player just on this moment.

I'm more angry on Farke who even on already decided game not save his best players and give bench more minutes !

My opinion is we have 3 players who not have equal replacements with Pukki,Onel and Buendia is the 3rd one so we will

miss badly this on fire diamond from Argentina ;/

8 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Scott Duncan had a stinker today in a game that he should have been able to control from an armchair in the centre circle.

OK, so the foul from Buendia wasn't pretty, but bearing in mind he had been cynically chopped down moments earlier by Leistner who wasn't even spoken to by the Ref. The fact Leistner had committed enough bad/cynical fouls to have been sent off in two games and walks off at the end without even had a yellow must be extremely frustrating. I also know that you should keep your temper under control and not see the red mist, but today QPR committed 25 fouls and got two yellow cards, we committed 8. Lack of consistency and failure to protect the more skillful players is not nice to watch...

There were several other similar tackles by QPR players throughout the game, and only one of them was booked.  It's the inconsistency that has annoyed me.  Agree ref didn't handle it well today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

all in all Buendia look fly and play on very high speed and this overconfidence from his amazing form.

Also just before incident was foul against Max and also Leistner foul against him etc etc.

I'm more angry on Farke who even on already decided game not save his best players and give bench more minutes !

My opinion is we have 3 players who not have equal replacements with Pukki,Onel and Buendia is the 3rd one so we will

I dunno Boris, its been a joy to watch Emi, but i have honestly missed Leitner, Vrancic and Cantwell in the last month or two as well. Such is the strength of our squad that it now gives at least 1 of these guys the chance to sneak back in to the first eleven, i dont forsee City suffering that much just because Emi is missing for 3 games. The telling time was mid season, when we had quite a few injuries, but we got thru that yet kept our constistency and momentum going. You may say we have 3 in Onel, Pukki and Emi that have no "as good as" version, but honestly, i could highlight many other positions. Krul? Aarons? Stieperman? As good as Emi is, he is not so irreplacable  as to unduly affect the huge squad effectiveness that is NCFC this season.

16 minutes ago, Boris said:

Boris, I love reading your posts, you remind me of Farke's post-match interviews.

5 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Boris, I love reading your posts, you remind me of Farke's post-match interviews.

+1. Makes more sense than Pete. 

Edited by Fuzzar
Typo
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

I dunno Boris, its been a joy to watch Emi, but i have honestly missed Leitner, Vrancic and Cantwell in the last month or two as well. Such is the strength of our squad that it now gives at least 1 of these guys the chance to sneak back in to the first eleven, i dont forsee City suffering that much just because Emi is missing for 3 games. The telling time was mid season, when we had quite a few injuries, but we got thru that yet kept our constistency and momentum going. You may say we have 3 in Onel, Pukki and Emi that have no "as good as" version, but honestly, i could highlight many other positions. Krul? Aarons? Stieperman? As good as Emi is, he is not so irreplacable  as to unduly affect the huge squad effectiveness that is NCFC this season.

3 games? Thought it was only one game for a straight red? it wasn’t violent conduct.

Look, Buendia obviously shouldnt have gone in like he did but equally I find it frustrating that talented players arent being protected. He was kicked all game. QPR committed 25 fouls and only got one yellow card which was at the end of the game. And a few of their players racked up four or five fouls each including some pretty cynical challenges too.

It wasnt a difficult game to Ref but he managed to make it painfully so. A couple of yellows for persistent fouling on Buendia and then the red likely never happens.

• Like 1

While it's true he was getting kicked, there's only one person to blame for the red. Have to be professional when you're closing a game out and he lost his head.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

3 games for dangerous play. Farke a bit slow with the subs again.

B u g g e r thought it was only three for violent conduct 😡😡

57 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Don’t know what match you were watching, but the referee controlled the match very well. Buendia saw the red mist and was rightly red carded for a two footed high challenge. Not the refs fault for Emi’s naievety.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

B u g g e r thought it was only three for violent conduct 😡😡

A straight red. Three match ban. Two yellows (red) one match ban.

Buendia is a very passionate player and a winner, Brimming with talent. 

I've seen the foul many times and it's obvious he was desperate to win the ball. No malicious intent but It was a foul.

Buendia may have seen red, but this league is dominated by yellow. 

We have been absolutely spoilt this season. I have never and probably will never see us play football like this again. 

I thought the Ref was OK and even gave us some questionable free kicks. The Leistner tackle just before Emi getting sent off was totally different, he even got the ball.

3 games if no appeal, no doubt about that its straight red...

I fully agree that we need more time for players like Moritz,Mario and Cantwell but to be fair I belive Farke will put straight Cantwell who is great prospect but far from Buendia level imo.

Also Trybul seems receive treatment and was subbed ,hope not serious ...

Still we to have 6 games till end 20 fully fit players is really amazing how fit and ready is this squad.

So exited seasons so far i fly  for Reading game because cant miss under flood light match !

What a team we have boys!

Getting the ball doesn't matter if it is a foul. If a player has both feet off the ground he is deemed out of control, even if he gets the ball.

Leistner just about have something on the ground so was deemed in control.

I thought the referee was poor. I am from an era when none would have led to any punishment other than a free kick. But as we are now in an era when even a push can get you booked, I thought the persistent fouling of QPR to break our rhythm and targetting of Buendia deserved a bit more punishment than they ultimately received.

• Like 2

I certainly think QPR should have picked up some more yellows and possibly a red. However, Buendia's was stone wall and disappointing.

We won 4-0, so I'm not sure any more QPR cards would make me feel better about the Emi suspension. Isn't there a stat about us not winning a game without him this season or something silly?

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Getting the ball doesn't matter if it is a foul. If a player has both feet off the ground he is deemed out of control, even if he gets the ball.

Leistner just about have something on the ground so was deemed in control.

I thought the referee was poor. I am from an era when none would have led to any punishment other than a free kick. But as we are now in an era when even a push can get you booked, I thought the persistent fouling of QPR to break our rhythm and targetting of Buendia deserved a bit more punishment than they ultimately received.

Yep, it was the persistent fouling on him that was unpunished by any yellow cards that I believe led to Emi losing it. Ok he should have kept control but this is a very young man and it’s understandable- players are humans not robots.

• Like 1

Pointless worrying about it, we have plenty of quality in reserve. Disappointing for Buendia but we are still plenty good enough to get the points required.

• Like 1

I’m sure we’ve all seen Emi lose it after persistent fouling this season. I didn’t get the impression he was particularly wound up before the foul, just over-enthusiastic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Isn't there a stat about us not winning a game without him this season or something silly?

I’ve heard that too, but IMHO it’s coincidental. I guess we’re about to find out!

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Don’t know what match you were watching, but the referee controlled the match very well. Buendia saw the red mist and was rightly red carded for a two footed high challenge. Not the refs fault for Emi’s naievety.

Lol. You didn't watch it, did you. Be honest. 

Or you're a binner. 

3 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I thought the Ref was OK and even gave us some questionable free kicks. The Leistner tackle just before Emi getting sent off was totally different, he even got the ball.

No - Leistner didn't get the ball, Emi had already flicked it forward and it bounced off Leistner's trailing leg but Leistner's tackle was late, dangerous and hit Emi hard - much worse than Emi's tackle which was rash, arguably worth a card, and which the QPR players made the most of - unlike City, despite Emi having previously been repeatedly hacked with no action from the ref.

Then, of course, there was Pukki with stud marks on his inner thigh.........

As others have said this wasn't a particularly dirty or difficult game to ref but this guy was hopeless - yes, on a couple of occasions we probably got the benefit of a strange decision but on the important decisions we got no consistency at all - seems to me this is the fundamental problem. We all know the refs have a difficult job, and I don't think any of think of us actually believe our own players are saints, but nothing can excuse the glaring inconsistencies we see regularly in refereeing decisions and today was a prime example.

A fair number of the QPR fouls were late tackles that were often as much our players being that bit too quick for them, as much as clumsy and deliberate fouls

Leistner looked good with the ball but reminded me of Hartson, both in play and physicality (over weight)

Buendia's tackle was a red card. It amounted to an assault and the sort of challenge that could have led to a serious injury. There was not doubt that he had been on the receiving end of a bad tackle before, but at that stage of the game you have to just walk away.

But that aggression and battling spirit will always come a cropper at some point - but a 3 match ban doesn't come anywhere near to spoiling what he has contributed all season. He'll be back on the pitch to see us lift the title, and to wave from the open top bus.

No condemnation from me, though I would prefer not to see any of our players (or others) doing that.

• Like 1

This was a poor set of officials. The Lino was desperate to get into the limelight. The ref bottled it, he was just as close as the Lino. Earlier , the fat bald bloke went through Emi to get the ball (in fact he didn't even get the ball ) but  we all know the officials react to the reaction. Hit the deck and writhe in agony, surround the ref and you have more chance of getting a reaction from the officials.

Anyone see the Man City game? If the Brighton player hits the deck holding his face , Walker gets a red.  

I blame Buendia. We were 3-0 up, cruising, and there was absolutely no need. It was a red card all day long and it was impetuous. Now the plonker is out for three games 🙄🙄🙄