BaltimoreBird

Who replaces Buendia?

It allows Farke to bring back one, if not both, of Vrancic and Leitner. Most likely just one plays along side Trybull and Kenny goes wide right? Thoughts?

*Edit* just saw Cantwell come in, forgot about him. Perhaps he's getting some minutes to prepare for the next few games replacing Emi.

Edited by BaltimoreBird

Can't see him not starting Cantwell, especially as he came on today for 20 minutes. Would be a blow for Todd not to be trusted to come in and do a job at this stage when Farke has given the same trust to the other young'uns (Godders especially).

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

The big question is, if we beat a rubbish Reading, do we stick with the starting 11 and leave Emi out? (assuming its a 1 game ban).

Think it will be a 3 game ban. But as soon as Emi is ready he would come straight back in. He is too important to miss the last 3 games ( unless we are up!)

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

The big question is, if we beat a rubbish Reading, do we stick with the starting 11 and leave Emi out? (assuming its a 1 game ban).

Unfortunately I've heard it's a 3 game ban.  Being that we haven't won all season without Emi, I'm a bit twitchy, but have faith we can still get the win.

I know it sounds stupid, but all season Farke has rewarded the person coming in to cover an injury with staying in the team if it's still winning. So why would it be any different for Buendia if Cantwell, for example, performed well. Interesting man management problem... 

I think it might be Cantwell who can be trusted to play that wider role. Might be a temptation for McLean to drift sometimes. Or will DF stun us and play it slightly different. An Buendia must come straight back in. No-one could replace him.

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I know it sounds stupid, but all season Farke has rewarded the person coming in to cover an injury with staying in the team if it's still winning. So why would it be any different for Buendia if Cantwell, for example, performed well. Interesting man management problem... 

Agree, it was unthinkable in December that Leitner would barely start another game for the remainder of the season but we've done OK (!) without him.

Are we really sure it's 3 game? I can't find anything and I they'd changed it for a straight red unless for violent conduct?

5 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Agree, it was unthinkable in December that Leitner would barely start another game for the remainder of the season but we've done OK (!) without him.

Are we really sure it's 3 game? I can't find anything and I they'd changed it for a straight red unless for violent conduct?

I would say it was violent conduct ATG. 

Pukki on the right. Like for like work rate and still a goal threat. Rhodes through the middle. 

Since Trybull took a knock at the end, move Kenny out there and bring Leitner and Tettey back into the middle for Tuesday.

Unless Tom is fine, then move Kenny out there and bring Vrancic in with Trybull.  

With less tackling in the 3, we should also shore up the 2 with an established pairing. 

I suspect Cantwell will be the man. thought he was good when he came on. However, make no mistake EB is what makes this team tick.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I would say it was violent conduct ATG. 

"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made." 

So not violent conduct. May still be a three match ban but I don't know what that hinges on. A two yellow red is a one match ban, but otherwise I suspect it is three.

Completely depends on what the ref puts in his report - I’d expect it’ll be violent conduct, so 3 game suspension.

5 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Completely depends on what the ref puts in his report - I’d expect it’ll be violent conduct, so 3 game suspension.

The definition of violent conduct I posted above is from the FA website, the section on what offences warrant red cards. Since Emi's offence was a tackle in the course of "challenging for the ball", it cannot constitute violent conduct according to that definition. 

I’ve always understood red card suspensions as follows. Violent conduct or serious foul play = 3 game ban. Denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity or deliberate handball = 1 game. Plus an extra game for any previous dismissals for that player in the season. So it’ll be a 3 match ban for Emi.

Cantwell come early in the season for Emi so Farke most likely will choose him for Reading game.

If Tom is injured then natural replacement is Tettey but may be Kenny  here and Moritz to be added for start.

3 hours ago, East Rider said:

I suspect Cantwell will be the man. thought he was good when he came on. However, make no mistake EB is what makes this team tick.

I think Emi is fantastic, an all action kind of player, but there is more to it than just Buendia making us tick.  What teams can't handle is the non stop nature of our play and although Buendia is an important part of that, Cantwell did brilliantly earlier in the season in playing in that way.  If it is him on Wednesday,  I'll be looking forward to seeing how he has improved since we last saw him - he will have learned a lot from his spell out of the limelight, in training and watching from the sidelines.

I'd like to see Kenny Mclean pushed up and Leitner or Vrancic to come in next to Trybull. 

I think Cantwell is a good player, but not as good as the players mentioned above. Although difficult, its more important we keep Vrancic and Leitner involved and happy. 

• Like 2

If Trybull injured Leitner in to replace it's only Reading and Wigan to come no need for DM. And Vrancic in the middle move Kenny M out right has a few assisted out there. Need the creativity that Mario and Mo bring. if Tom T OK Mo in for Emi.

This stat about us only having won with Emi playing (or is it that we’ve not lost?) is stupid and wrong (either way) - he didn’t start at Forest or home to PNE (and he played at PNE and v Stoke).  Good player that he is, it’s far more the team as a whole that’s been winning games.  I’d probably go with Leitner as his replacement but it is great that we have several choices.

• Like 2