Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Promotion

So the ? Is what game will we clinch promotion I think it will be after the reading game we will win our next 2 and Sheffield will lose there next 2 giving us 87 pts with 4 games remaining and them staying on 74

Not possible. Below is max points available to each team.

If they drop 6 points over the next two games they still have a max theoretical points total of 89, if we win our next two games we'd be on 87. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 13.25.43.png

It could potentially be before the Wigan game (So technically 3 days after Reading) as Sheff U. play their 3rd game a day before we go to Wigan. They lose their next 3, and we win the next 2, we'll be 13 ahead of them, and they'll have only 4 games left. WBA would also need to drop a couple of points in their 3 games. 

Highly unlikely. My guess would be over Easter. However, I am still very nervy. 

Just did some napkin maths and our form is incredible. I mean we all know that, but raw numbers wise we have gained 2.28 ppg since the 8th game of the season. So take out our first 7, which only yielded 8 points, we have 73 points from 32 games.  If this average was sustained over the course of the entire season we would be near the record set by Reading (106 points).

Numbers like this do point to an easy promotion, but still nervous. 10 points will definitely clinch promotion, probably the title.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CanaryChris said:

Just did some napkin maths and our form is incredible. I mean we all know that, but raw numbers wise we have gained 2.28 ppg since the 8th game of the season. So take out our first 7, which only yielded 8 points, we have 73 points from 32 games.  If this average was sustained over the course of the entire season we would be near the record set by Reading (106 points).

Numbers like this do point to an easy promotion, but still nervous. 10 points will definitely clinch promotion, probably the title.

Just as well for the rest of the league that we had our 'blip' so early in the season ...........😃

1 hour ago, Ginja said:

Stolen from Leeds forum...

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2a25d330edb10fb4f7251104abd3034d.jpg

Still worried about Ipswich making a late charge. They could still get to 99 points if they manage an average of 10.71 points per game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Optimistically I am hoping for the sheff weds game to be the one we secure promotion. Realistically I think we will do it with 2 games to spare though I'd take us squeezing up with a late Ipswich equaliser on the last day in all honesty, as long as we go up!

Could always do a Leeds/Sheff UTD forecast at 20 to 1 with skybet instead. then you could even win money and we could win the playoffs!