CANARYKING

Getting ahead of ourselves

10 minutes ago, Ginja said:

My only concern is the loss of Buendia for three games, it shakes up the midfield and asks a player who has barely played in the last couple of months to suddenly come in for a full game, get the result and performance against Reading and I'll be happy to hold my hands up and say it's going to happen.

But as has been the whole philosophy, the player that comes in will be desperate to prove their worth and keep their place. Whoever it is, along with the rest of the squad will just want to be part of this fantastic occasion and final push. Leitner showed his frustrations at no getting game time and I’m sure they’re all desperate to play so as much as we’ll miss Buendia, it’s a great opportunity for whoever replaces him and I’m sure they’ll play out of their skin to grab this chance that has finally (after 8 games without a change) come about

They are also desperate to get into the PL, more so when you get tis close.

I would expect any bonuses to be substantial as will be the pay increases to the PL status.

That is not to demean them or what they have achieved as they will have well deserved what they have earned.

It's merely to point out that this is not just some 'academic' exercise.

This is what professional footballers are aiming at in any level..

1 hour ago, Bill said:

They are also desperate to get into the PL, more so when you get tis close.

I would expect any bonuses to be substantial as will be the pay increases to the PL status.

That is not to demean them or what they have achieved as they will have well deserved what they have earned.

It's merely to point out that this is not just some 'academic' exercise.

This is what professional footballers are aiming at in any level..

Thought it was interesting looking back at Sky commentator comments at the weekend .... (think it was Danny Higginbottom) "from what we are hearing from the dressing room, this group of players want the title".  That is a clear message about the players' mindset. And I was pleased to hear this. Knowing they are this close, you would just know it will give another percentage point of motivation!