kick it off

Lovely SkySports article on Emi

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11709/11674055/emi-buendia-could-be-the-next-big-thing-with-norwich-but-he-was-shaped-by-relegation-in-spain

Interesting note - Emi has made more tackles for us than any other City player this season. Not even close either, he's made 25 more tackles than his nearest rival (doesn't say who that is) on 58.

One bit I thought was quite amusing:

"he has shown impressive maturity - not least during the 3-0 win over local rivals Ipswich in February, when he was kicked repeatedly by blue-shirted defenders."

• Thanks 1

Good article. Seems crazy that Emi is biggest tackler. Just as long as he stays out of our defensive penalty area.

Last line needs a bit of revision. Believe we are chasing win number 8.

kio

Are you referring to that game, rare in football, when the team who won three to nil were,  quote:- "Played off the park?" and were:- "Second best on the day."

Edited by BroadstairsR

Sky Sports site seems to be down... Can't get a connection but working elsewhere. That's a pain! Wanted to have a read.

Good article, great read... He has really shown his maturity for such a young player... just about our greatest bit of business imo followed by Pukki and Krul . I think Farke has been an influence too. Our manager has a good way of handling young players , which is one of the reasons we're up there. 

So now we know what Sky's editorial for Saturday's match will be - lot's of lingering shots of Buendia with loads of wind spouted by the commentators on him.  This usually results in one thing - Emi has a stinker and / or is sent off!  Hope I'm wrong.

Don't read further down where it says SKY Sports 12pm, kick off 5.30pm.

You might miss a classic.

I am thinking back to 10 years ago this weekend when we stuck 6 past Scunthorpe. I keep telling myself it is all going  to click perfectly soon and we will cane someone.

9 hours ago, CanaryChris said:

Good article. Seems crazy that Emi is biggest tackler. Just as long as he stays out of our defensive penalty area.

Last line needs a bit of revision. Believe we are chasing win number 8.

I think that Emi's tackle in the six yard box - from behind - on Stewart Downing just after Zimmo's block may be one of the most audacious tackles I've ever seen. 

Of course if it had gone wrong and he'd given away a penalty it would have been one of the most stupid tackles I've ever seen. 

5 hours ago, Kathy said:

Attention Paul Merson...

Merse was overheard saying "Emu Burntdinner is a top top player", and apparently he's also a big fan of our big German "Marcus Superman"

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I think that Emi's tackle in the six yard box - from behind - on Stewart Downing just after Zimmo's block may be one of the most audacious tackles I've ever seen. 

Of course if it had gone wrong and he'd given away a penalty it would have been one of the most stupid tackles I've ever seen. 

Agreed, I think a ‘clever’ Premier League player would have contrived to turn that tackle a penalty. He’s conceded a couple of penalties this season. But of course it can all be overlooked when he does things like he did v Hull.

I think it's one of the reasons that we don't get much coverage in the Premiership,  the 'experts' don't know about our players and can't be ar$ed to do any research. 

So much easier to wax lyrical about Man City and Chelsea than have to actually provide some intelligent material. 

On 04/04/2019 at 09:56, kick it off said:

Interesting note - Emi has made more tackles for us than any other City player this season. Not even close either, he's made 25 more tackles than his nearest rival (doesn't say who that is) on 58"

The second one would be Lewis and Aarons who both have 58 so far.

If we are looking at tackles per 90 minutes played, then Emi is number four (of those who have played 90+ minutes this season). The order would be Thompson (4.5), Vrancic (3.4), Trybull (3.1), Buendia (3), McLean (2.6), Leitner (2.3)

This based on stats at WhoScored.com