unique

Norwich City Squad Value

Would anybody hazard a guess at NCFC’s current squad value in comparison to what it was at the beginning of the season?

DF and SW have to be credited with perhaps the greatest gain in player asset value, during one season, in the history of the Championship.

£30m each for the full backs, £20m for Godfrey, £20m for Buendia, £10m for Hernandez, £8m for Pukki, £6m for Zimmermann, about £4m each for the other starters and main bench players.

Brings it to around £150m

wouldn't sell any of them for those prices though.

With so many youngsters it's the add-ons that are just as important, even though the headline price might be lower.

These could contribute to keeping the club financially viable for years to come.

This has to be the priority as it would mean that the Academy could continue to be funded to the hilt and would ensure that the conveyor belt continues.

It does seem to me that the majority of posters on here feel that financial security should take priority over Premier League security, although the two need not necessarily be considered as separate because they are intertwined in many ways.

...we could do this game for the binners - given they scoured far and wide (well, League 1) in their recruitment!  It’s amazing when you think how we finished all-but level last season but couldn’t be further apart now 😂!

Talking of the binners, I wouldn't know enough about them to assess the value of their squad but I'd hazard a guess at a bag of peanuts and a gallon of pigeon ****e remover for all those statues.

Suffice to say that today they are getting excited about a sell-on clause related to one of the youngsters they had previously let go on the cheap.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

...we could do this game for the binners - given they scoured far and wide (well, League 1) in their recruitment!  It’s amazing when you think how we finished all-but level last season but couldn’t be further apart now 😂!

It really is a funny old game,isn't it? 😏

COYY..............and lest they ever forget when we're on MOTD every week as they're scratching around for League 1 highlights on Quest(or wherever)at stupid o'clock ...........Mind the f*cking Gap 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by C.I.D

They will be worth much more after a season of PL football, however need to ensure they are under contract must sign any player with only 12 months left to resign if there are any that fall into this bracket. If we manage to stay up contracts can be discussed, if relegation PL performers will want out so need to be under contract to maximise returns. Seems I have assumed promotion if we throw it away now it would be criminal and a bigger disappointment we have ever seen.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Talking of the binners, I wouldn't know enough about them to assess the value of their squad but I'd hazard a guess at a bag of peanuts and a gallon of pigeon ****e remover for all those statues.

Suffice to say that today they are getting excited about a sell-on clause related to one of the youngsters they had previously let go on the cheap.

Reckon they might settle for the services of a good arborist for an afternoon

It all depends on whether we go up... (And then of course on how they do up there - fingers crossed - next season.)

1 hour ago, pete said:

They will be worth much more after a season of PL football, however need to ensure they are under contract must sign any player with only 12 months left to resign if there are any that fall into this bracket. If we manage to stay up contracts can be discussed, if relegation PL performers will want out so need to be under contract to maximise returns. Seems I have assumed promotion if we throw it away now it would be criminal and a bigger disappointment we have ever seen.

That's an interesting one Pete because as it stands, it looks like it's only Tettey, Krul, Vrancic, and Stiepermann that currently expire at the end of next season. I personally would be happy with renegotiating an extra year on two of those as it stands.

However, I think the bigger gamble lies in the fact that Pukki, Hernandez, Zimmerman all expire the next year. Do you gamble on thinking they can do the business and get an extension in now (also reward for promotion if/when it happens), or they show they can cut it and it becomes much more expensive to negotiate extensions?

4 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

£30m each for the full backs, £20m for Godfrey, £20m for Buendia, £10m for Hernandez, £8m for Pukki, £6m for Zimmermann, about £4m each for the other starters and main bench players.

Brings it to around £150m

wouldn't sell any of them for those prices though.

Only £8m for Pukki? Think we'd get a lot more than that for a proven Championship goalscorer. But I think you're over on the full backs and Godfrey - half a season in the PL though and those figures are low if they do well.

On 03/04/2019 at 13:23, sgncfc said:

Only £8m for Pukki? Think we'd get a lot more than that for a proven Championship goalscorer. But I think you're over on the full backs and Godfrey - half a season in the PL though and those figures are low if they do well.

Pukki is 29 years old and unproven at the top level. We could probably stretch that one to £10m though.

I don't think I am over for the full backs and Godfrey when you consider their age and potential. Maddison moved for £25m so there is no reason these three should be far from that figure

On 03/04/2019 at 21:53, BroadstairsR said:

.... there's a tree outside of my house,  I'd take a gallon of pigeon ****e remover before any 1p5wich player.  Grrr.