Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

Does anyone else have this horrible feeling that Worthy will still ...

be at the club in January regardless of the resulsts between now and then?

I do have this sinking feeling that the board have already had a meeting and they have decided that such is their blind faith in the belief Worthy is the chosen one that he is the man to be given control of the clubs transfer dealings in January. This means that when Ashton and Green are sold that he is going to be given a big multi million pound transfer kitty in which he will hope to dig the club out of this mess.

The confidence with which Worthy seems to have in his job security and Kevin Piper article of this week lead me to this belief.

The club REALLY  do not want to sack Nigel do they?

I would even cast doubt on Doncasters recent admission that Nigel is on a rolling contract. Why else would they be so steadfastly behind our failing manager?

The fact is though, that Nigel has a team currently that any decent manager would have in the top half of the table.

The thought of him being given a multi million pound transfer kitty from the sales of Ashton and Green frightens me, and makes me angry not towards Nigel but to our ostrich like board.

However the thought of such a transfer kitty being given to the likes of a new manager such as Burley or Newell has me full of optimism and excitement of a new era at Carrow Road.

Giving Worthy this kitty is a recipe for disaster, will be going against the vast majority of fans views and could have disastrous consequences for the long term future of this club.

Let us not forget, we have just 18 months to realistically get back to the Premiership, now is not a time to fart about.

Whoever is the NCFC manager in Janaury is likely to dictate whether we see Premiership football in the next few years at CR or whether it is another decade in the Championship.

I am not overreacting or being pessimistic these are the facts.

Your thoughts?

Duke,

Totally agree mate, you have summed the situation up well. We are all worried he is to negative to survive that first season in the Prem. He will build ateam based around hard work and then a couple of flare players. Pardew and Jewell have got the right idea go all out at teams with no fear. 1 win in 3 games is better than 2 draws.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

I would even cast doubt on Doncasters recent admission that Nigel is on a rolling contract. Why else would they be so steadfastly behind our failing manager?[/quote]

all im going to say is that i can remember reading in both the evening news AND the EDP that Nigel worthington was offered contract extensions after the playoffs and the Promotion season.. i seem to remember that after the playoff final he signed a years extension (taking it to 3 years... which would of expired this year) and then after promotion he signed another extension... i dont know of the length.. i cant remember reading that... so im guessing that this 12 month "rolling contract" isnt the whole truth....

im sure im not the only one who remembers reading something similar about it?

jas :)

Of course he will still be here - despite any common sense...[*-)][:''(]

OTBC

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

be at the club in January regardless of the resulsts between now and then?

[/quote]

They are supporting him because maybe the board feels their prudence

before ambition policy is partly repsonsible for worthy''s predicament.

However, they are running a business and if city lose today, or are in

bottom 3 by xmas, then its odds on worthy will go - to pretend 1 point

from 12 against teams who started below us is acceptable for city would

be negligent.