Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Player of The Season

Guessing the voting will begin soon. So many players from the team would have won hands down in previous years. Who do you vote for ?

Krull - lots will remember the odd error but without him we wouldn’t have been able to play this style and clearly he is the leader of the team and organiser and developer of our young back 4.

Aarons - Seen by many as a top full back and probably the best in the league at such a young age

Zimmermann - What can you say. Gets better by the week. Many will tell you of his total dedication and his thanks for being given the chance but that simply seems to have driven him to get better and better.

Godfrey - Came into the team with the Klose injury and many feared that could be the end of the Premier dream if Klose did not get fit quickly. Not so a midfielder turned into a centre half ( credit to Farke and Webber ) now being touted for the very top.

Lewis - Was good but as he grows physically gets stronger and stronger. Last few games have seen him as well clearly attacking with more pace and putting fear into defences.

Hernandez - Our pace. Puts the fear of god into Championship defenders. Scored some vital goals. If his decision making would have been slightly better at times would probably be up there with the best.

Buendia - Unbelievable skill. If Maddison won last year I would say EMI is his equal with the addition of his determination to win the ball back when we are not in possession. A player that can change any game in a second.

Trybull - Well Leitner was considered by many as our best player and a shoe in for POS. Trybull returns Leitner cannot get back in - says it all.

McClean - Would have been well up there had he been playing all season. 7 games since his return replacing Championship player of the month Vrancic. Again many thought it might effect us. 7 wins from 7 since scoring some vital goals and providing assists. Unfairly with Krul scapegoat for no other reason than kept Leitners place.

Stiepermann- A man mountain. Often like watching the big kid in a kids game knocking the smaller kids out of the way. Gets better and better again some vital goals. In other years would have become a cult hero.

Pukki - What more can you say ? Our goal scorer so probably the favourite, but much more to his game pops up everywhere, must be so fit. Has his mini goal drought let somebody else in through the back door ?

Our current subs enchilada - All capable of coming in and matching our current players - what can you say with a full season could have been any of them. In previous years they would have all been playing every week.

My view -  The club should provide an extra category for this one year called the team. That would be the best way to honour a group of down to earth guys that have given us all so much pleasure this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. Pukki

2. Buendia

3. Aarons

Special mention to Leitner, who would probably have given Pukki a run for his money had he not have got injured, and Zimmermann, whose performances this year would probably have been sufficient to win it in the past half a dozen seasons, but this time round might not even be top 3.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Our current subs enchilada - All capable of coming in and matching our current players - what can you say with a full season could have been any of them. In previous years they would have all been playing every week.

That's some tasty autocorrect. I'm guessing that was nacho intention?

1. Pukki
2. Aarons
3. Buendía

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's some tasty autocorrect. I'm guessing that was nacho intention?

1. Pukki
2. Aarons
3. Buendía

Lol hope it does not mean anything rude in a foreign language can’t type all that again. Bench should have said bench lol.

Just now, Well b back said:

Lol hope it does not mean anything rude in a foreign language can’t type all that again. Bench should have said bench lol.

It's Mexican food, dude... 🙂

• Thanks 1

5th - Krul

4th - Zimmermann

3rd - Aarons

2nd - Buendia

1st - Pukki.

Very hard to leave out Lewis, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Leitner, Godfrey and Trybull! 

It says a lot that the supporting enchilada of Klose, Hanley, Vrancic, Rhodes, Tettey and Cantwell is so experienced and would be first choice in their positions at most other clubs at this level.

Lots of candidates, but it's hard to look past Pukki. Terrorising defences all season. Leitner was on the way but hasn't really featured enough in 2019. Argument for either of our flying full backs, Zimmermann, Buendia but at this stage Teemu gets the nod. Still 7 games to play mind! 

It's a really tricky one. They have all been excellent this season. New players have mostly been great. Pukki what can be said a striker who scores, at last. He has been fantastic and has chipped in with assists too. Aarons, what can you say I my head he's the player of the season. But in my heart it's Emi Buendia. 

Whoever wins it will deserve it as whole team have performed way beyond our wildest dreams.

And a special mention to 1p5wich town. I've almost enjoyed there season as much as ours.

1 minute ago, yellowandgreen said:

It's a really tricky one. They have all been excellent this season. New players have mostly been great. Pukki what can be said a striker who scores, at last. He has been fantastic and has chipped in with assists too. Aarons, what can you say I my head he's the player of the season. But in my heart it's Emi Buendia. 

Whoever wins it will deserve it as whole team have performed way beyond our wildest dreams.

And a special mention to 1p5wich town. I've almost enjoyed their season as much as ours.

Have to agree guys think Pukki will win by a margin, but still think think for one season only the squad should be honoured  by adding them to the voting slip. 

Emi didn’t realise that either 7 goals and 15 assists- wow