shaunieboy77

Another Lambert Corker

17 minutes ago, shaunieboy77 said:

Has described the support at his current club as not normal. Nothing compares apparently to anywhere he has ever been. 

How on earth did he arrive at that thought

It's certainly not normal for a set of fans to worship a manager even when's he's been absolutely disastrous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The delusion of ipswich fans is practically bottomless. They will still be blaming hursts influence on this team when they are mid table league 1 christmas time....

He's surely perpetrating the old adage, promoted by Hitler among others, that if you are going to tell a lie you might as well tell a big lie.

Of all the nonsense he has spouted about that club this takes the biscuit.

He'll continue to do it as long as they lap it up.

I think they're lapping it up because they think us, as Norwich fans, are proper hurt that they have our former 'messiah' in charge.

Think again, bin boys.

I'm quite in awe of his bottle. He's single handedly trying to force a culture change and actually, I kinda admire him for it a little bit.

21 hours ago, shaunieboy77 said:

Has described the support at his current club as not normal. Nothing compares apparently to anywhere he has ever been. 

Well he's right in one respect - the supporters at his current club are NOT normal. Delusional - maybe, fixated in the past - possibly, obsessed by their own self importance - probably, but not normal is also abnormal - definitely!

22 hours ago, shaunieboy77 said:

I can agree with that. 😁

• Haha 1

I decided to have a look in to this in a bit more detail.

They have only gone over 20,000 4 times this season. One of which was against us. Even then against their local rivals, which at the time was probably their best chance of beating us in nearly 10 years there was still 5,000 empty seats, meaning a sixth of the stadium was empty. Another of those times they got over 20,000 was against Reading when they were practically paying people to turn up. Even then there was 7,000 empty seats that game.

Their average attendance this season is 17,660 so Poorman Road has had an average capacity of just 53%.

Lambert has said he has never known anything like it. According to Wikipedia our average attendance in 08/09 when we went down to League 1 was 24,542. In fact our lowest attendance that season would have been enough to be their second highest attendance of this season, after the game against us.

This just shows the gulf in class between our fans and theirs and how it is all just PR with Lambert as after 3 wins in 39 games with his last two clubs his management days are looking shorter by the week.

Info found here:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/ipswich-town/attendances

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2018-2019/1/

I believe he looked hard at that shower before committing to join them, went there and cleverly tapped into their psyche!

They had a number of years with MM the straight forward Yorkshire man who having eventually had enough of their collective 'chip' reminded them who they really were by telling them to F off, in the most embarrassing (for them) situation possible.

PL has come in, read the situation well and has literally been massaging crushed egos whilst continuing the poor form. 

They have lapped him up as a result. You literally couldn't make that stuff up!

Bravo PL.....

Just had a look around TWTD. There’s a thread about being off the booze for 7 months and another about vaping.

Christ the place makes you itch. I’m off for a bath.

🛀  

• Haha 1

Reckon he’s going to pay that fine himself. Perhaps start another, “Help Paul Lambert pay for his weekly shop at Sainsbury’s”

A2F00B4C-0B13-4C07-A60E-8D6582E9C0DA.jpeg

League 1 next year doesn't look very strong. Assuming Luton Barnsely and Sunderland go up (swap Barnsley for Portsmouth possibly) you haven't got much left. Going down with the Binners will be Bolton who are in freefall . Coming up will be Lincoln who are probably the new Luton , but otherwise not much . 

I might be wrong but we seemed to have a few decent sides to compete against. Leeds, Millwall Swindon Huddersfield and Southampton. 

If Lambert can't drag a side out of that lot then he really is finished. 

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Just had a look around TWTD. There’s a thread about being off the booze for 7 months and another about vaping.

Christ the place makes you itch. I’m off for a bath.

🛀  

LOL,not surprised ........as far as football is concerned their season is over.Amazed they're not exhuming videos of their glorious history on TW*TTED ............for those supporters over 70 who can actually remember those halcyon days,that is 🤣