kick it off

Let's get Farke on his horse...

Why do I not like this (rather silly) idea at all? Why do I get the impression that DF would not like it either?

I'd rather see him at the front of an open top bus on another fantastic carnival day in the City.

With thousands attending and families enjoying a day out as shops, cafes and pubs do a grand business and with every binner seething with envy at the mere mention of it all.

Oh! Hang on, if it were a Suffolk Punch it could be viewed as being rather symbolic.

Edit: Beat me to it Mr. S.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Poor chap did say that he's not very fond of horses. But i suppose, if he's not allergic or phobic. Then Tally Ho !!

I got the distinct impression he was not particularly enamoured with that idea when questioned about it recently and I can not blame him. Whilst it would be mildly amusing, that is exactly the type of stunt which would have the mick ripped out of us/him for a long time.

It we win promotion, put him on the front of the open top bus parade, and celebrate loudly.

Leave the horse worrying to that shower down the road

• Like 5

It would seem to be rather out of tune with the character of the man.

He is not an exhibitionist in any way and would not enjoy making a public spectacle of himself in this manner, surely?

I may be wrong. Still a very daft idea though.

A stunt lacking in class and it's a neigh from me ........oh well, it's only Tuesday.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Can't see it happening and wouldn't really want it to.  It would be a bit naff and DF wouldn't appreciate it imo. If we do get over the promotion line, find some other way of showing our appreciation for him and the players. 

He does seem to enjoy doing his little 'olé' thing at the end of each match – it'd be lovely to give him some kind of special gesture that he can't deflect on to the players. He needs to take credit where it's due for the sensational football he's overseen this season.

Is it too early to start talking about a statue? JOKES

It may be good to have everyone in the Barclay holding up coloured cards spelling out Danke Daniel at the Blackburn game 

• Like 1

On reflection I think it's not such a good idea. It'd be fun if he were up for it, but only if that were so. Perhaps we should do something he'd enjoy us much as us.

BTW, can anyone recommend a decent (free) slideshow maker? I want to upload one of Daniel to youtube.

20 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

It may be good to have everyone in the Barclay holding up coloured cards spelling out Danke Daniel at the Blackburn game 

This is a brilliant idea. Wonder if the club would consider doing that on the sly? 🙂

Yeah but let's not forget his staff who have done a fantastic job behind the scenes, including winding up Lambert!

Edited by Michael Starr

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Nevermind a horse many wanted him on his bike earlier in the season...

But now they don't. So lets move on(up) eh, Nige? .

The past is exactly that, it's different from history, there's no need to keep dragging it all up again again again.

Personally had my doubts at start of season but we improved beyond anyone's wildest expectations before even ten games had been played....the rest IS his story.  , our story.

Didn't mean to sound quite so school maamish Nige. I'm just sick to the eyeteeth of ' supporters that don't support.

Ps I don't include you in that , and apologies if I appeared to.

I only sing when we're winning, and drawing and losing.....oh , and in the bathtub.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Didn't mean to sound quite so school maamish Nige. I'm just sick to the eyeteeth of ' supporters that don't support.

Ps I don't include you in that , and apologies if I appeared to.

I only sing when we're winning, and drawing and losing.....oh , and in the bathtub.

No worries buddy. My post was simply a play on the thread title. Nothing more meaningful than that.

There are a couple more meaningful ones on the back burner though. But that's for another day🙃

Edited by nutty nigel