Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

QPR sack McClaren

Not what we need right now. New manager bounce or them with a different setup we can't research.

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Not what we need right now. New manager bounce or them with a different setup we can't research.

Yeh, I'd rather Steve MClaren was still in charge.

• Haha 1

I’m not sure they’ll get anyone too quickly, the Assistant is taking charge for now.  If we go about our business properly we should have too much for them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Normally I would worry not now 

I don't think we need to sweat too much over this even if we were to stumble on Saturday.

All our remaining games, bar Villa, look winnable and we're seven points clear. It's highly unlikely we're going to win all our lat seven games anyway.

Despite their dreadful form, I can't see them being dragged into a relegation fight - Rotherham, Millwall, Wigan or now Birmingham (who've lost 6 on the spin, despite their 9 point deduction!), will fill the last placewith Bolton and 1p5wich.

Plus, we are playing so well at the moment.  I'd be confident of playing anyone right now, only Leeds, Sheff U, Derby or Villa would pose a threat, and we have shown we can handle the 'big' games all season.  They're all big now, but 4 wins from 7 will surely guarantee it.

only Leeds, Sheff U, Derby or Villa would pose a threat,

Despite their loss at the weekend, Preston would pose us a threat. And you are right. We should be confident of playing anyone. Despite Boro's defensive tactics against us, we found a way to pose a threat and an in form Teemu would have had at least two. Teams have tried to stop us by defending attempting adopting our tactics and only Preston could do it.

We should beat QPR at home whoever they have as manager.How many times will this man be found out before clubs realise he is a poor manager .Yet another who keeps on the manager merry go round,give someone younger a go how could they be worse.

Yet another who keeps on the manager merry go round,

Exactly. And the pundits keep on about getting an experienced manager. But how do you get experience if silly Chairmen keep appointing losers.

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

and an in form Teemu would have had at least two.

Darren Randolph made two very good saves from TP attempts. one other of Teemus shots was deflected out just wide and was given as a goal kick. would have been fairer to say an out of form Randolf would have conceded at least two.

• Like 2

Any criticism of pukki’s lack Of goals ( not saying the above was the intent) should be chewed up and spate out as soon as it’s made, his build up play and assist remains top class, and even his shooting remains okay he’s not getting the rub currently that’s all. Which is fair enough as he was getting it for most of the season !!! It will come back - hatrick saturday!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lazza said:

McLaren to Ipswich when Lambert leaves?

Oh my, what a glorious idea.

Any criticism of pukki’s lack Of goals ( not saying the above was the intent)

There wasn't. I just think the last two or three games he has not scored from chances he would have earlier in the season. It is the rub of the green sometimes for strikers. Apart from scoring, he is one of our best defenders.

This is only the 2nd thread i have read today and there appears to be a degree of pant wetting going on.

Sky are listing the usual suspects for the QPR job, they are bigging up Tactics Tim Sherwood.

Article also says that next season they will 'trim' the wage bill from £31M to £11M.