Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

EFL - BBC summary of the weekend

Interesting link here to the BBC's summary of what happened in the EFL...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47762149

It's fair that they've concentrated on the amazing 6-point swing between Leeds and Sheff Utd, at 71 minutes in Sheff Utd had taken the lead at home whereas Leeds were behind at home to Millwall… by 83 minutes it flipped around with Sheff Utd conceding 2 and losing, Leeds came back to win.  An amazing 12-minutes of football.

As for Norwich winning away at Boro to extend our lead at the top... sorry guys, that's not really newsworthy, what else did anyone expect after all :classic_laugh:….

Not surprised at all. BBC analysis of anything outside Premier League is embarrassing. Robbie Savage's comments about who he would rather see promoted based on history and club stature are also laughable. 

Opinions and Editors do not win football matches. Couldn't give a flying fcuk for what any pundit opines about something that is factual. Seven points clear of third. I'm not one of those who wants everyone to love us. I do and that is all that matters to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Interesting link here to the BBC's summary of what happened in the EFL...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47762149

It's fair that they've concentrated on the amazing 6-point swing between Leeds and Sheff Utd, at 71 minutes in Sheff Utd had taken the lead at home whereas Leeds were behind at home to Millwall… by 83 minutes it flipped around with Sheff Utd conceding 2 and losing, Leeds came back to win.  An amazing 12-minutes of football.

As for Norwich winning away at Boro to extend our lead at the top... sorry guys, that's not really newsworthy, what else did anyone expect after all :classic_laugh:….

Because the main story on the BBC site about the weekend's game, displayed more prominently above the round-up, is all about our match, with the implications of the result, interviews and statistics. No real need to repeat it lower down.

36 minutes ago, shaunieboy77 said:

.... Robbie Savage...

Says all it needs to about the BBC’s punditry, a gob***** of the first order. Plus Chris Sutton seems to be a resident fixture on R5 these days, but only because his MO is to wind people up, he doesn’t seem to offer anything other than that. This seems to be the way BBC radio football coverage is going, I guess it’s the ‘Talksport Model’.

Actually my comment was only a bit tongue in cheek guys.  The report/reaction to the top 3 games are all on the BBC website but the story above is focusing on the real drama that happened at the weekend across the Championship & lower divisions, & the biggest story was definitely that 12-minute period at the Leeds and Sheff Utd games when there was a 6-point swing between the two clubs.  Our win at Boro was our 7th win in a row, a straightforward 1-0 win,  and what is now, 10 wins out of 11 ?  That's not drama.   Which is a compliment to our incredible run of form.

• Like 1