Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Cardiff v Chelsea

Surprised they cant sell out for Chelsea.

Cardiff are still in with a shout of staying up, they need their crowd behind them ( even if they are nasty little ****s)😉

That’s so cruel, offside goal, should be a red now losing, interview with Colin will be interesting 

I don’t like Colin but feel for him and all the Cardiff fans. Who knows what would’ve happened but Chelsea should never have equalised.

If we do go up thank goodness VAR will be in use to eradicate such stupid mistakes but that’s a decision that could relegate Cardiff, why are we only just getting technology to help out the officials

Edited by Fiery Zac

Have always felt we have been on the rough end of many dodgy decisions, especially against the big clubs, in the PL in the past...VAR should be a great benifit to us when we go up.

• Like 1

Poor old Colin. If only there was a long, German compound word that could express how I feel as this moment.😀

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Poor old Colin. If only there was a long, German compound word that could express how I feel as this moment.😀

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious??  (Blimey, I spelt it right!)

My pedant gene took over and I started to check your spelling. 😳

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

'If' we go up we could probably do with cardiff staying up....you could see them being the huddersfield of next season

I looked at Cardiff and thought that there wasn’t anyone in their team that I would put in our side at the moment

16 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I looked at Cardiff and thought that there wasn’t anyone in their team that I would put in our side at the moment

You could probably say the same about Chelsea......

• Haha 3

Just watched Colin"s presser, surprisingly calm under the circumstances.

Bit more concerned about his eyebrows, now seem to have completely disappeared, suspect they are forming part of his hairline.

Cardiff working for the last 2 weeks on coming out at corner kicks and leaving a man in, you have to have a bit of sympathy...I think.

Edited by Van wink

Reminds me of the Arsenal game at the Emirates in 2013 - 1-0 up with 5 minutes left. Arsenal defeated, out of ideas, arguing amongst themselves. Bassong and Turner immense.

Then **** ref gives an inexplicable penalty from nowhere for the equaliser, fails to penalise the foul on Bassong for the 2nd and similarly fails to disallow the 3rd after another foul on Bassong with the scorer offside anyway.

Never seen a match turned by a ref's intervention quite like that. Still mad about it today!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Reminds me of the Arsenal game at the Emirates in 2013 - 1-0 up with 5 minutes left. Arsenal defeated, out of ideas, arguing amongst themselves. Bassong and Turner immense.

Then **** ref gives an inexplicable penalty from nowhere for the equaliser, fails to penalise the foul on Bassong for the 2nd and similarly fails to disallow the 3rd after another foul on Bassong with the scorer offside anyway.

Never seen a match turned by a ref's intervention quite like that. Still mad about it today!

Same thing happened at the Bridge when Ruddy knocked out Drogba, Ref had a shocker but nothing was said. Hope we don't have to go through all that again next year. 

Too many poor decisions by officials in supposedly the best league in the world... This is exactly why we need VAR. Feel for Cardiff

He was was a very poor ref and you have to feel for Warnock. Yet again the big team gets key decisions against smaller teams.

10 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I was also at the game. Both decisions were so blatantly wrong that I was convinced there would be an investigation into the officials. It smacked of an Asia betting conspiracy. 

• Like 2

Quite rightly, abuse toward players, particularly racist or sexual preference, is being highlighted as not acceptable.

I think they could add officials to that list. I know they are making mistakes, Chelsea's equaliser being the obvious one. But some off the abuse they get is way out of order. They are not cheating. In many cases they are trying to cope with players cheating. They are trying to do a job that, especially for linesmen, is becoming more difficult as the game quickens.

• Like 3

Am I right in thinking VAR will just look at borderline offsides and penalties next season?

Am I right in thinking VAR will just look at borderline offsides and penalties next season?

And all goals I believe.

I was talking about it yesterday over a pint and the Celtic game was on. And the question was. Would they use VAR to review the Morelos incident?  It looked to me like Brown did clip him with his feet and by the sound of it, antagonised him. And of course last year Brown did it to him.
I guess there was no excuse and a red card was necessary but if Brown is not completely guilt free then maybe he should get a yellow.

Ah OK, so a foul in the build up to a goal would get picked up? (e.g. push in the box by an attacking player at a corner).  Hope it picks up some of the ones where a defender gets blocked off by someone and another player goes into the space and scores.  Can't remember the game but there was one last week.

The Morelos/Brown one was dreadful.  Definite red card, but Brown's behaviour was terrible.  Ought to have been booked for throwing the ball away (which led to him falling over theatrically for a second time in the game). And again, should have been yellow carded at the end of the game when Halliday was sent off.  Of course, both incidents would have meant a red for him as well, having been booked during the game as well.  He'll be looking at the officials and the Scottish FA and laughing (as he did after the game).  Horrible individual.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Quite rightly, abuse toward players, particularly racist or sexual preference, is being highlighted as not acceptable.

I think they could add officials to that list. I know they are making mistakes, Chelsea's equaliser being the obvious one. But some off the abuse they get is way out of order. They are not cheating. In many cases they are trying to cope with players cheating. They are trying to do a job that, especially for linesmen, is becoming more difficult as the game quickens.

Agree totally KG. A very difficult job and becoming harder.

Not helped by 'expert pundits' pulling apart everything in super slo-mo. They should be made to ref a game before being allowed near a TV studio.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a replay of the first Chelsea goal, but going from memory what happened was that an onside Chelsea player ran forward in between the two who were clearly offside and attempted to head the ball. In the event the ball went just over the onside player's head to the offside Azpilicueta, who put it in. I suspect the linesman thought the onside player was the scorer, and hence didn't raise his flag. 
The still image showing the two Chelsea players clearly offside doesn't show the forward run by the onside player. The linesman's failure to flag therefore seems completely inexplicable, whereas there was more to it than that image shows. Yes, the goal should have been disallowed, but this shows how unfair selective publishing of images which tell only part of the story can be to officials tasked with doing an increasingly difficult job.

23 hours ago, dj11 said:

I was also at the game. Both decisions were so blatantly wrong that I was convinced there would be an investigation into the officials. It smacked of an Asia betting conspiracy. 

Same, still smarts that one. 

• Like 1

Too true that reffing decisions can stick in the craw.  There's been so many over the years. 

However my least favourite was within 3 seconds of kick off in a county u14 final. We had practiced a routine beforehand , won the toss and elected to kick off. The routine involved a very long fast crossfield ball to our winger who instantly played the ball behind opposition defence for our striker to run onto and bury, which he did, in fine style. Trouble was the linesman on that end affirmed to the ref before ko that he was ready....he wasn't. As the situation played out, I could see from the dugout that he was looking down , fiddling with something, only looking up as the striker raced clear and raised his flag!!!  I nearly had a meltdown of Lambert proportions. 

No VAR of course.

I think VAR will help to level the advantage that big clubs seem to get on borderline decisions in the Prem....at least ,that's the hope I'm clinging to.

9 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

I haven't seen a replay of the first Chelsea goal, but going from memory what happened was that an onside Chelsea player ran forward in between the two who were clearly offside and attempted to head the ball. In the event the ball went just over the onside player's head to the offside Azpilicueta, who put it in. I suspect the linesman thought the onside player was the scorer, and hence didn't raise his flag. 
The still image showing the two Chelsea players clearly offside doesn't show the forward run by the onside player. The linesman's failure to flag therefore seems completely inexplicable, whereas there was more to it than that image shows. Yes, the goal should have been disallowed, but this shows how unfair selective publishing of images which tell only part of the story can be to officials tasked with doing an increasingly difficult job.

As shown on MNF, the linesman didn’t see anything as Willian’s hair was in the way.

VAR badly needed for decisions like this as this could be the goal that ultimately costs Cardiff their place in the PL and the millions that go with it. Disgraceful as the technology has been around long enough for incidents like this to not be an issue

• Thanks 1

VAR badly needed for decisions like this as this could be the goal that ultimately costs Cardiff their place in the PL and the millions that go with it. Disgraceful as the technology has been around long enough for incidents like this to not be an issue

So why won't the EFL be adopting it yet? Doesn't make sense or is it the cost?

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So why won't the EFL be adopting it yet? Doesn't make sense or is it the cost?

Must be the cost - I think I'm right in saying that its only been used in the FA Cup this year when games have been at Prem grounds.  Perhaps they'll show the replays on the big iPad in the corner!! (joke before anyone says anything!).