Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Mark Rivers

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Can Radio Norfolk have Mark Rivers every week, especially at CR, instead of that negative misery-guts, who it is hard to believe ever wore the yellow and green.

Are we talking Greg Downs perchance?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Are we talking Greg Downs perchance?

Yes indeedy. He sounds so negative that it makes every game depressing to listen to.

Let's hope he doesn't volunteer for the Samaritans - to quote Red Dwarf - "Everyone he spoke to killed themselves, even the wrong number."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Yes indeedy. He sounds so negative that it makes every game depressing to listen to.

Let's hope he doesn't volunteer for the Samaritans - to quote Red Dwarf - "Everyone he spoke to killed themselves, even the wrong number."

Good old Greg, he'll find a negative where others will never look!

4 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

One of my Red Dwarf favourites is “ are you sure you want to go to red alert ? it will mean changing the bulb “ 😁

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

One of my Red Dwarf favourites is “ are you sure you want to go to red alert ? it will mean changing the bulb “ 😁

A line which applies to some on this board : " Fun? Ah, the use of time in a non-productive manner."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

iYs indeedy. He sounds so negative that it makes every game depressing to listen to.

Quite funny Red Dwarf quote that.

However, I listen to Greg Downs (generally have one ear to the radio at the game) and find him amusing and informative during the games. 

Each to their own eh?

Edited by East Rider

I have to say I liked him KG. He had some trickery about him and usually chose the right option. His downfall was his stamina and he would often run out of steam in the second half and invariably ended up getting subed on 60 mins. 

13 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I have to say I liked him KG. He had some trickery about him and usually chose the right option. His downfall was his stamina and he would often run out of steam in the second half and invariably ended up getting subed on 60 mins. 

Nothing to do with 40 a day habit though... (might be slightly exaggerated).

Wikipedia: "At the beginning of July 2004, Norwich and Rivers agreed to cancel his contract as he wanted first team football. He joined neighbours Ipswich Town almost immediately, playing in their pre-season friendly against Peterborough on 10 July 2004. When Ipswich decided against taking him on, Rivers returned to Crewe on trial. He signed a two-year deal with his former club on 20 July at half-time during Crewe's friendly with Everton."