dylanisabaddog

How to mark the Ipswich relegation

Turned on Talksport on my way home today (have a courtesy car at the moment which has DAB so taking full advantage) and Ipswich were the topic of conversation. Some of the fans calling in were ridiculous,. including one bright spark saying the football was better than last year, even after the host pointed out that they finished 12th last year with 17 wins, when they're rock bottom this year with 4!

The Talksport hosts were absolutely withering regarding the fans claim of wanting a manager and a playstyle that suits their "history and tradition", the hosts pointed out that having a brief "golden spell" decades ago doesn't translate to a "rich and proud history". Literally cheered alone in the car, I wouldn't trade their glory days long past for our recent history and current position in a million years and I can;t think of a single Norwich fan who doesn't feel the same way!

They seem to think they're going to waltz League 1 next year. I think they're in for a brutal reality check...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Wigan play Millwall last game so that scuppers most of their what ifs. đŸ™ƒ

Sure does! So, to recap Ipswich need Wigan and Millwall to lose every game except the last game of the season when they have to draw, and then win all of their own games, and in the process overcome the current goal difference to stay up.

We all know it AIN'T GOIN TO HAPPEN.... they are down, and I suspect that it will be on Saturday.

If they don't win tomorrow (Sat) they are down

If they do win it will merely put it off to their next game

so at least avoiding the pitiful sight of thousands of simple rural folk finally grasping what a decade of having an asset stripper as your majority shareholder

L1pswich Town