dylanisabaddog

How to mark the Ipswich relegation

I think a mock minute's silence in the 10th minute of the Sheffield Wednesday game or the first game after the inevitable is confirmedĀ 

Once their relegation has been confirmed a party should be held in a city pub either before or after our following home game

Maybe a new song so we can remember this epic season for years to come?

ToĀ the tune ofĀ Status Quo - 'Down down'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKe2OfXLxuc

Town down, City are crowned

Town down, Lambert will frown

Town down, Run by a clown

Town down, dogsh1tĀ and brown

Ā 

I want all of the tractors to see

To see we're laughing, and we're laughing in glee

10 years, City unbeaten to you

Again again again again

Again again again and you're going down

Ā 
Town down, City are crowned

Town down, Lambert will frown

Town down, Run by a clown

Town down, dogsh1tĀ and brown

Lots of insane improvisedĀ dancing would need to take placeĀ asĀ it is sung.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 1

In homage to their plan to display a banner on the A12 if we lost to Boro at Wembley, how about a nice message prominently displayed on the A14 at Beacon Hill when they trudge back from Preston on Good Friday?

Ā 

After we've celebrated going up earlier in the evening of course!

7 minutes ago, Blofield Canary said:

I was going to suggest flying a banner over Poorman Road but it would be a wasted gesture with so few there to see it

That is a brilliant idea. Crowd funded?Ā 

A minutes silence is cheaperĀ 

How about a minutes applause on the 62nd, 78th and 83rd minutes of the last game of the season to acknowledge the final passing of a glorious history?

53 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

What wonderful times we live inĀ  - lap it up!

Can't stop scrolling up and down the league table!!!

ā˜‚ļø

You and me both, very satisfying and I hope it's like that at 46 games played.

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

How about a minutes applause on the 62nd, 78th and 83rd minutes of the last game of the season to acknowledge the final passing of a glorious history?

What happened in 83??Ā 

8 minutes ago, Atlantic Canary said:

So what game do you think they will get relegated canā€™t me long now before is mathematically impossibleĀ 

Good Friday or Easter MondayĀ 

I strongly suspect, Look Norwich and Talk Norfolk will do enough to wind that shower up.Ā 

However, the pride of Anglia banner making an appearance at Carrow Road, after their long awaited demise would do just as well!

• Like 1

Unfortunately in their constant quest for another trophy theyĀ have just missed out on the lowest Championship points total ever - Rotherham gotĀ 23 in 2016/17. However they can still grabĀ the runner's up medal, Blackpool in 2013/14Ā gained the second lowest total at 26 points.Ā 

Edited by Surfer

Can't celebrate that until we are up.

But maybe we can get some of those blue EU flags u see during Brexit protests but remove all but 3 stars.

Not sure what an Ipswich equivalent to brexit shoukd be called, Ipexit? Scexit? Blexit?

It'sĀ  been on the cards since Sheepshanks overstretched on their poncing off others around 2001.

They are down this season because of that, not some guff about their previous manager wrecking everything - Lambert's tenure has shown that.

Putting the club in such dire straights was only ever going to lead to an asset stripper like Evans taking over despite the nonsense about him 'hinvesting' he has taken a Ā£30m debt to nearly Ā£100m debt with the raining ground being shifted via the back door to a Guernsey based off shore company. There are no players worth selling, he's already done that and the stadium has been badly (non existent) maintained for the past decade.

That's what led to their current position.

Let them slide into L1 with no great noise from us. Individual City fans have had their fun since September, and will continue to do so if they are in any close contact with any binners. But for us collectively lets focus on the title and making some noise about that.

They're an absolute irrelevance now. It could be years before we're in the same division again. Let's just enjoy the ride and take pleasure from the knowledge that they'll have no option but to watch from behind the sofa as the world's media start to focus on our fantastic talent.

The rivalry is so much better when we're in the same division and miles better than them... this has truly been a season for the ages. Still not quite at the same level as the 9-2 season and Holty's laughing hat-trick, but I've had about enough of kicking them while they're down for now. I'll guess I'll keep half an eye on their attempts to stay out of League Two next season, though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'llļ»æļ»æ guess I'll keep half an eye on their attempts to stay ļ»æout of League Two next season, though.ļ»æļ»æ

Good point FTW, if we are in the premier League then our top loan out players will go to the championship surely, so noĀ  point for me to look at league one other than see how the old enemy are doing.

A coffin, painted blue and white, with RIP on the lid, have itĀ  Fed Ex'd to Portman Rd, in time for their demise and plenty of wreaths with our sincerest condolences..... as an aside, this month marks the 10th anniversary, since they won a Derby, it would be almost disrespectful not to celebrate.Ā 

3 hours ago, splendidrush said:

A coffin, painted blue and white, with RIP on the lid, have itĀ  Fed Ex'd to Portman Rd, in time for their demise and plenty of wreaths with our sincerest condolences..... as an aside, this month marks the 10th anniversary, since they won a Derby, it would be almost disrespectful not to celebrate.Ā 

Specifically, Good friday, when we have Sheff Weds at home is the exact 10 year anniversary of their last derby win against us.