Sign in to follow this  
unique

The Play-Offs

With Norwich getting ever closer to automatic promotion,how much attention will you likely give to the play-offs?

a) Plenty - to see who will hopefully take up a relegation spot next season/see fans of certain clubs going through the wringer.

b) None at all - couldn’t care less.

Plenty - really interested to see who gets it. Hoping that Preston might make it + that Villa don't.

• Like 2

I'm all over it. I've been trying to catch as many games as possible which feature any of the top 8 sides. Once Norwich secure automatics I'll probably stop, and will only focus on the title race related stuff.

I'd like to see Bristol City make it the play off's another good away win on Tuesday against Middlesbrough and a home win the following Tuesday against WBA should get them there.

a) Plenty. Firstly the battle for 5th / 6th is so tight in itself with so many teams still with a shout, and positions interchanging on a weekly basis. And secondly it has an impact elsewhere, including on the top 3. It would be great, for example, if Preston were still right in the mix after their next 2 games - at home to Leeds and Sheff U. Aston Villa have Leeds away on the penultimate weekend of the season. Then there are still other fixtures like most of Bristol C.'s  ('Boro / Villa / Derby / WBA /  Sheff W / Hull), with Play-off contenders playing each other. Forest go to Sheff U, and play Wednesday and 'Boro too. OK Albion look set to end up 4th (possibly 3rd). But the fixture list between now and the end of the season looks intriguing, the outcome of which, with the exception of  position number 1, hopefully will not unravel itself any time soon. I'm too much of a football adrenaline and excitement junkie. My heart would love to see the likes of Bristol and Preston to pip Villa and Derby.

Edited by makham

The only interest I'll have is hoping the Champions of Europe (sic) balls it up after spending all season going on about how great they are.

In terms of the shake-up for both autos and play-offs, PNE have a huge week coming up: home to Sheff U then Leeds,  followed by WBA away.  We’d be more than happy if they won the first two of these!

It's interesting because with seven games to go positions #2 to #11 are in contention for the four playoff slots, with the only certainty being West Brom.

My guess would be Sheffield United, West Brom, Villa and Derby(?), but it's so fluid that it's great to watch. I've got a nasty feeling Villa are going up.

image.png.3641aa7da0f6b4e688bf681f66ef1663.png

Villa do have momentum at the moment, but they could easily fall back again with it switching to Preston or Bristol; their next game is at Sheff Wed so quite a biggie. 

When we've got an automatic spot confirmed I'll start looking down the table, at the moment only concerned about us doing the job we need to do!

Interested to some extent, but somehow I manage to actively dislike every team in the top 6 apart from City. I'll take a Bristol, 'Boro or Preston surge into top 6 and win the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

When we've got an automatic spot confirmed I'll start looking down the table, at the moment only concerned about us doing the job we need to do!

This, I'll enjoy the playoffs once we're up, I'm not sure who I want to win it. Don't like Leeds fans, Blades aren't equipped for the Premiership so they'd be good. Villa are all 'we're a big Club ' West Brom,  all stars and no system. Boro, just awful. Preston, again, not up to the Prem, Wednesday, the same. 

Fun fact - only two teams since the inception of a 46 game season (way back in 1988) have come from below 9th to make it into the playoffs after 38 games. We did it in 2002 (from 10th) - not promoted; and Palace did it in 2004 from 11th (promoted through playoffs). 

Would suggest the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Preston might have a tough time - but it is so tight there. Can't be happier that we are 20+ points away from all that. 

19 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'd like to see Bristol City make it the play off's another good away win on Tuesday against Middlesbrough and a home win the following Tuesday against WBA should get them there.

I second this as I'd rather visit Bristol than Middlesborough and also Bristol are far more entertaining than a negative Pulis side.