Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Negative Betting

The last few away games I have put a £10 bet on the home to win or draw, I know it sounds a little crazy, but works in my head!

I also had a small bet on Leeds to win when they were 2-1 down, that backfired slightly and I won £70.... #miixed feelings.

I too have been known to involve myself in this kind of magical thinking on occasion!

1 hour ago, Herman said:

You're going to get stuck in a web of superstition.😉😀

Too late for that Herman. I have it that my home shirt is the only one that brings luck to home games and when watching on TV, we always score if the wife's tortoiseshell cat is sitting on my lap! (It claws my leg to hell when we do and I jump up)

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

I too involve myself with this voodoo. £10 on the home team (would have been chuffed with a draw) and a double and singles on Sheff Utd and Leeds. 

Seems like we have few subscribers to the cult of inverse gambling 😜

10 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Seems like we have few subscribers to the cult of inverse gambling 😜

Careful boys, it looks like you are trying to buy success! We're not that kind of club you know! 😉

• Haha 1

I had a fiver on Norwich to win, Mikel and Ayala to get carded at 33/1. Feeling doubly delighted!

I have been putting Leeds and Sheffield United in my accas, though.

I think it is an entirely rational strategy. In effect you are taking out a financial hedge against your potential emotional losses. That said I almost never do it, that is bet on our opposition, but like Feedthewolf I do put our rivals in my accas sometimes. At the moment I keep betting on us to win and that seems to be going pretty well so far! 😁👍🤞

Yeah I've been putting Leeds and Sheff Utd in all my accas. Delighted to lose my money on Saturday. Not gone as far as to bet against us, but never dare bet on us to win either because I'm cursed.

12 hours ago, splutcho said:

Yeah I've been putting Leeds and Sheff Utd in all my accas. Delighted to lose my money on Saturday. Not gone as far as to bet against us, but never dare bet on us to win either because I'm cursed.

Yes I think a few shillings on Leeds and Sheff Utd makes sense. I'm always happy to lose those bets

Can't bring myself to bet on City's opponents though. That's a bridge too far in my opinion.

I need to use every tool at my disposal to settle the debt that will become payable at the end of the season – I think I'll owe the PUPs about seven grand given the ridiculous amount of goals and points we've been accruing of late!