Sign in to follow this  
K Lo

Relegation Date

Ipswich of course.
I think it could be 2 weeks' time.
Currently 13 points and a massive goal difference to over turn.

As it stands, they'll be officially down with 4 games to go, which means final whistle of their 5th-from-last game... 

16:45 Saturday 13th April at home to Birmingham.

Call it Epicaricacy or Schadenfreude if you will but 10 years ago it was us getting relegated.

Probably right. They have only won 3 games all season so tough to see them dragging it out for much longer.  I didn't realise until today that they share another piece of history.  Quote from the BBC article on Huddersfield's relegation:

Huddersfield, who have propped up the table since December, join Derby County and Ipswich Town as the only teams in Premier League history to be relegated with six games left to play.

Surely that is worthy of a star on the shirt?

It will be a merciful release, as Evans has bled them dry.

Odd how the gobsh ites can squeak away at CR about how fantastic their club is but have accepted being royally shafted by Evans - without a voice raised in protest

Gutless windbags who deserve all that's coming to them

IpswichTown-Brighton-280913-TGS026.jpg

I can see 10+ yellow shirts in the stands there, bottom right. What's that all about ?

I assume no cheap tickets for yesterday's game in Ipsh*te as the crowd was 7 or 8 thousand down from the previous home match. So much for Agent Lambert unifying the club and fan base. For all the pr bullsh*te they really are a club in serious trouble, going only one direction as has been the case for the past 15 years! 

I'd like to see the football authorities investigate their business model, it isn't sustainable, never has been, they'll never pay back what they owe and there are people's jobs on the line. 

In any other business, you'd be closed down, bankrupt, why haven't they been challenged regarding the way they operate?

16 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I'd like to see the football authorities investigate their business model, it isn't sustainable, never has been, they'll never pay back what they owe and there are people's jobs on the line. 

In any other business, you'd be closed down, bankrupt, why haven't they been challenged regarding the way they operate?

I'm quite happy watching them slowly circle the drain, don't take my fun away! 

I hope we get them in the FA or League Cup next season and I hope Farke would put out a full-strength squad.

8 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I think that they'll be closing big parts of the ground next year. 

Think you are way out there, Lambert will have them fighting for the top 2 and if that happens they will get 25000 plus to watch a winning team irrespective of what league they are in

18 minutes ago, K Lo said:

I hope we get them in the FA or League Cup next season and I hope Farke would put out a full-strength squad.

They’d have to get through the earlier rounds first. You could see a biggish non-league team getting them away In R1 of the cup and almost having more supporters in the ground than 1p5wich. 

Edited by Beetley Yellow

49 minutes ago, daly said:

Think you are way out there, Lambert will have them fighting for the top 2 and if that happens they will get 25000 plus to watch a winning team irrespective of what league they are in

Correction,  Lambert will be gone and the only way they'll get 25,000 is if they give tickets away... or draw us in the Cup.