The Great Mass Debater

Let's all wave at Pritchard

On his way down with Huddersfield (if he doesnt jump ship).

If we go up we should definitely sing a song about that (something in the same vein as 'Oh Sammy Clingan, it could've been you')

With Lambert going down with Ipswich there is some football Karma going round

10 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

On his way down with Huddersfield (if he doesnt jump ship).

If we go up we should definitely sing a song about that (something in the same vein as 'Oh Sammy Clingan, it could've been you')

With Lambert going down with Ipswich there is some football Karma going round

I suppose you couldn't blame Pritchard for going to a higher league to try his luck especially as we were looking to be imminently cash-strapped at that time but .....

for Messiah Lambert ............it was surely written in the stars.

Schadenfreude doesn't even come close,does it ? 😏

Who gives a monkey about Pritchard another one who thought he was better than anybody else.we now have 11 better players than him

To be fair to Pritchard, he signed for us because Spurs told him to find another club, and it was us or Brighton. Then Alex Neil seemed unable to play him and Hoolahan in the same team.

That Webber quote of "We have three number 10s but no left back" seems apt.

Leaving a mid table Championship team for any Premiership one seems  a no brainer. Believe we doubled our money, sold him for £10+ million and bought Emi Buendia for a fraction of that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Yeah, I don't remember feeling any wrath for Pritchard.

Same. Player took a chance to play at a higher level, we were well compensated and the money helped us rebuild.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

Same. Player took a chance to play at a higher level, we were well compensated and the money helped us rebuild.

This. 

He also always spoke very well, about the club and in general. He was just unlucky in that Wes was better and we then had Maddison who’s wages we’re (presumably) a lot lower and was also better.

A great little player who’ll hopefully find himself a lower PL club for next season. Wouldn’t swap him for any of our midfield though

He’s also played a season and a half of premier league football - we might get relegated first season and he’ll then still have played more premier league football than he would have done if he’d stayed here. 

If he had left for Forest or Derby or someone like that on the basis they were ‘bigger’ clubs and ‘more likely to get promoted’, then it would have been funny to go up and leave the player a division behind. But I can’t really mind a player leaving to play at a higher level.

I don’t bear him any grudges either, in the games for us when he was ‘on it’ he looked a super player. He left us at a time where we appeared to be going nowhere,and needed to unload the big money players. I don’t think even the most optimistic supporter could have foreseen how well the Webber/Farke revolution has worked out.

There were a couple of sites claiming that Pritchard was on over 100k a week.

While my instinct said it was bulsh*t, the premier league money is so significant and teams are so desperate to get their man in January - that I can almost believe it. 

I think there were a few teams after him, and you have to make a pretty sweet offer to pick Huddersfield over other premier league teams

Edit: Source (Mirror, so grain of salt required)

Source

Edited by HertsCanary93

Absolutely no reason to bear a grudge against Pritchard, the deal was right for all concerned - don't be so childish.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kirku said:

Absolutely no reason to bear a grudge against Pritchard, the deal was right for all concerned - don't be so childish.

Spot on Kirku, I would imagine we had need to move him on anyway.

The money we received from ALL of last season's sales has been used wisely, therefore it was right to sell them.

Can we possibly have expected anything better in the league over what we now have with any of Pritchard, Maddison, Howson or the Murphys in the squad?

We now also remain debt free, have some funds in the bank and can hopefully look forward to a Premier League/Television money bonanza next season at least.

If it had been frittered away then there would be cause for regret.

Pritchard came and went.That is all. We benefited from his brief spell at Carrow Road and although the brevity of it caused surprise, and anger in some, it has been proven to be the right thing to do.

NCFC have had many far bigger mercenaries than AP at Carrow Road over the years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, C.I.D said:

I suppose you couldn't blame Pritchard for going to a higher league to try his luck especially as we were looking to be imminently cash-strapped at that time but .....

for Messiah Lambert ............it was surely written in the stars.

Schadenfreude doesn't even come close,does it ? 😏

Same Happening to the Murphy twins. We did good business selling these players. Only Madders has proved his woeth

48 minutes ago, kirku said:

Bet he wishes now he had gone to Brighton......

It was a good deal all round so no complaints and no negative feelings. Any newly promoted team to the Prem us at high  risk of a quick return , be interesting to see if Huddersfield have what it takes to make a quick return or have they messed up their setup this year.

What has happened this season would not have been possible without the twelve million we got for AP last January as important as Madison and Murphy.  No point in slating a player for getting himself we did not look promotion candidates at the time. Get over it!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Unless you know something i don't Lakey why do you say that as Brighton look in a heap of trouble to me and are strong candidates to join Fulham and Huddersfield for the drop.

I cam imagine him looking at his bank statements and finding that a more than adequate mitigation for the relegation.

As others have said, anyone would have done the same thing and he went about it in the right way. Played well for us until the end of his time here so can't complain. We would most likely have had to sell him the following summer anyway. Different era, different team, hard to compare, but hard to see him getting in our current squad every week if he was still here

Agree he had to go and agree that probably his worst decision was turning around on his way to Brighton to join us...

But I think it was the manner of his exit that got a few feathers more than ruffled. He was injured for a large chunk of Farke's first season (a Cambridge galute I think caused the damage) and played only about 10 games from mid December to early Jan before helping to manufacture his move - it did somewhat stink of tactless mercenary behaviour to me and I was more than a little angry about it. 

It did not matter in hindsight and with the emergence of Maddison that season meant that we had an abundance of talent in that role. We got decent return (I think he cost us around 8 million, we sold for something like 12 million - need to fact check that), so cannot complain there, I suppose. Don't feel the need to mark his departure and do feel that he is a better level than a championship player - will probably find football somewhere in the prem.

19 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:
20 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Unless you know something i don't Lakey why do you say that as Brighton look in a heap of trouble to me and are strong candidates to join Fulham and Huddersfield for the drop

Well Brighton have more than twice the points of Huddersfield, are away from the bottom three at present, have had some excellent results, look better organised and look a more stable club than Huddersfield. 

I may be doing him a dis-service, but I suspect Pritchard will probably be one of those pushing for a move straight back to a PL club rather than try and battle his way back with the club that actually invested in him at great expense.