Bill

Lambert off ?

He has to stick at Ipswich and rebuild the squad / his own career, and that's why I think they'll be alright next season. I think he'll turn them around and then, once his stock has recovered, that's when he'll go. If he leaves this Summer, I feel like that'll be it for him, unless the Scotland job is an option? That's a good option for him right now, his best hope for salvation as they're rock bottom too. He'd be a bwilliant fit for Scotland the more I think about it.

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Imagine had Town kept McCarthy they'd still be Championship! 😂

I don't think McCarthy would have sold their main goalscorers, maybe one of them but not both so i completely agree. However, what a dire situation to be in. His football is woeful. Yuk

46 minutes ago, wooster said:

I'm very happy with the success of the team this season and my enjoyment is unaffected by, and independent of, the plight of PL or ITFC.  Indeed, pleasure in our success should be sufficient and I'm bemused by the apparent need to gloat over others' misfortunes.

I remain grateful for three happy years that PL provided and wish him well in his endeavours.

I agree with the sentiments about gloating, but it will be a historic (and let's be fair, not unpleasant) occasion if we go up and they go down - something that has never happened before and as dramatic a season for East Anglian football as a whole as you are ever likely to see. 

As for Lambert, I don't wish him to do badly as he gave us three great years, but he has lost his way and his ego is affecting him badly, which I find a little sad - and he is on his last chance in his career imo - he needs to do well next season and if he doesn't, the only job open to him would likely be the Scottish job, as the only qualification for that seems to be that you are Scottish (did they really give the job to McLeish???).  

To fail can be a good thing for someone - but he seems to me to have failed several times since leaving Norwich, but is still talking the talk as if he hasn't.  Needs to forget his past, stop trying to be the big man and be a bit more humble, then he might get his career on track again.

31 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

It's not fair, no one's ever called me a Binner.

I respect your altruism wooster, in other circumstances it could be admired, but the nature of our rivalry with that lot down the road is such that flawed human beings, such as myself, get immense pleasure from their current plight. In addition PL has conducted himself so poorly since leaving CR that I cannot feel anything other than glee at his continued failure.

If Pl had shown any signs of respect, class, humility or even realism in the years following his departure I might have been able to cut him some slack, but his absolute lack of respect, class, humility and grasp on reality mean that he deserves all the vilification that he gets on this forum.

As I said, I completely disagree with Wooster on his stance and this is precisely the reason why. No class, no pity.

Top post👍

What's wrong with good, healthy rivalry? It's part and parcel of supporting a football club and includes gloating and envy in equal  proportions over the years.

(The violent fringe of yoblets only serves to distort the fun and value of the derby day situation and beyond after all.) 

TWTD would be alive with delight should the situation have been reversed. Do you not remember the glee with which their fan base, to a man, greeted our own relegation to the third tier?

When we got thumped by Manchester City in a Premier League game a few years ago the whole first page of that forum was taken up by a veritable gloat-fest, despite the delightful irony of their own team being stuck at the time in mind numbing mid-Championship mediocrity  and their debt rising by the week.

Edited by BroadstairsR

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Needs to forget his past, stop trying to be the big man and be a bit more humble, then he might get his career on track again.

So he's at the perfect club then...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I agree with the sentiments about gloating, but it will be a historic (and let's be fair, not unpleasant) occasion if we go up and they go down - something that has never happened before and as dramatic a season for East Anglian football as a whole as you are ever likely to see. 

As for Lambert, I don't wish him to do badly as he gave us three great years, but he has lost his way and his ego is affecting him badly, which I find a little sad - and he is on his last chance in his career imo - he needs to do well next season and if he doesn't, the only job open to him would likely be the Scottish job, as the only qualification for that seems to be that you are Scottish (did they really give the job to McLeish???).  

To fail can be a good thing for someone - but he seems to me to have failed several times since leaving Norwich, but is still talking the talk as if he hasn't.  Needs to forget his past, stop trying to be the big man and be a bit more humble, then he might get his career on track again.

Well, I don't know how much NCFC have paid him for the wonderful jobs he has done at Villa , Stoke  and Ipswich but along with the fee for Emi it must represent the best return on investment we've made. If he really could now move on to managing Scotland into the 200th best team in the world, continuing McLeish's fine work to date, that would make him a true hero.

Lambert has won 6 of his last 48 games, across 3 clubs. That's a 12.5% win ratio. Absolutely shocking and a lesson to us all, the grass isn't always greener!

• Like 1

It just makes you laugh when a wild accusation is thrown at a poster in this case Wooster without one shred of evidence to back it up.

I know he is not a Binner 100%.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It just makes you laugh when a wild accusation is thrown at a poster in this case Wooster without one shred of evidence to back it up.

I know he is not a Binner 100%.

may not be an Ipswich fan....but I would question whether he/she is a football fan in the first instance

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

may not he an Ipswich fan....but I would question whether he/she is a football fan in the first instance

Wrong again but don't sink to the level of our self appointed Bin Finder General GJL.

Am I taking pleasure in Ipswich’s relegation to league 1? Here’s a few tweets from their fans after our hilarious equaliser against them last season...

“You can get odds on Nodge being in league 1 in 5 years. As soon as I audited their accounts I asked William Hill.”

“You have a salary budget you can’t afford and owners who aren’t willing to (and won’t look for an investor who will) cover the annual losses you will start incurring within the next 2 years. Unless they do one or the other, you’ll be back in League 1 within 5 years.”

“Correct. Norwich have been badly managed. This new project is hellacious. They have done it because it’s cheap. The fans don’t see it. 😂

“Worse. Our owner is covering £5/6m a season losses. It’s a paltry investment, but it’s investment. Your owners have said they won’t invest and won’t accept outside investment. So you will have to cope on your natural income, which isn’t enough to be competitive.”

“We can afford to be in debt to ME who just writes it off in his companies. You can’t afford to be in debt. Uour owner can’t do that. You’re financially ****ed and will be in league 1 in 3 seasons”

Yes I am, I’m taking great pleasure in it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, wooster said:

Scoffing at PL seems at odds with what he did for us.

I don't understand why we would mock him when he says similar things to what he said when he was here, albeit at a different club.

Can someone explain please?

Power to your elbow Wooster. I think I recognise a kindred spirit, someone who is a football supporter but eschews the institutional nastiness of football fandom. 

2 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Power to your elbow Wooster. I think I recognise a kindred spirit, someone who is a football supporter but eschews the institutional nastiness of football fandom. 

...in favour of intolerable condescension and faux naivety ?

”learn to grow up” “bemused” etc 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wooster said:

Thanks WCC.

It's not faux naivety, I'm just not tribal about football.  Sorry .....

Maybe less of the "learn to grow up" toward those that a) are or b) giving you the explanation you asked for then eh?

I know Nutty Nigel has posted this before, but it does sum Lambert up, if you keep saying the same thing over and over, and being overly positive, then you end up as a parody on youtube.

That is so his interview from yesterday! We loved him here. But he has since thrown that back at us. The people I feel sorry for are the good people at our club who took flak when he walked.

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That is so his interview from yesterday! We loved him here. But he has since thrown that back at us. The people I feel sorry for are the good people at our club who took flak when he walked.

What you mean McNally and Bowkett ?

Wooster, you claim to be bemused by tribalism and schadenfreude in football!

Have you been locked in that director’s box throughout the history of the game ?

When the club is moving in the right direction both on and off the field, the team is playing attractive football and is top of the league why are folk bothering with threads about PL, ITFC and even Pritchard.

I’d prefer to concentrate on the positives, that’s all.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

What you mean McNally and Bowkett ?

They were two of them but Delia also got blame. I'd love to hear Bowkett's version of events without a lawyers warning..

I can't wait to see them in League 1 next year, especially with PL in charge. They will have the opportunity to mirror our season down there, as that is what they feel they will do at a canter.

😂

It's not difficult to imagine that the relationship between a manager such as Paul lambert and an owner like Marcus Evans would break down quickly. 

6 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Are you suggesting that those who recognize rivalries aren't supporters? Becoming a supporter of any Team brings with it an identity, I've yet to meet a Blades fan who supports Wednesday as well, or West Ham fan who pops over to Tottenham when his Team are away. This is merely banter and to come over all precious is at best attention seeking, if we have to explain why we're enjoying their pain, I'm wondering if you understand football at all.

7 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I've yet to meet a Blades fan who supports Wednesday as well

I thought Sean Bean did, but he seems to have backtracked on comments he'd made in the 90's.

Edited by Icecream Snow

Whilst it would be hilarious due to the in-denial infatuation they have towards Lambert, I just dont see him leaving.

Who is going to go for him? His record is diabolical there, it wasnt great at Stoke. It's not been 'good' for some time.

The TWTD lot are genuinely concerned Celtic might have got him - really? They cant genuinely believe Celtic would appoint Lambert?