Bill

Lambert off ?

appear to be the mutterings coming out of the farmyard

"It certainly sounded like there is quite a big chance PL won’t be Town manager next season. Do you think he’s had a fallout out with Evans? "

" Radio Suffolk interview makes it clear. Refused to confirm he was staying and says what will happen will happen. Said at one point whoever has job next season before backtracking to being evasive."

" When the manager repeatedly refers to the team as you rather than we, then I think he may have other plans."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNQGprPAYhscGDjJ5TBRD

It maybe a case of 'old Mother Hubbard...

There is not the money Lambert thought, and Evans could now be about to drop off the binners at the local charity shop now they are of little more use to him.

Trousered the money from sold players and snaffled the training ground, so besides a few cheap tin plated replicas and some fading yellowing newspaper cuttings there is little left of any worth having away

Bill, your tractor photo in your OP is, I think, a "little grey Fergie (Ferguson)". Either a TEF model or a TED. They were a great little machine in the fifties and sixties. How appropriate that you show a tractor dating back to 1p5wich's glory days, the Ramsey years they constantly harp on about.

Scoffing at PL seems at odds with what he did for us.

I don't understand why we would mock him when he says similar things to what he said when he was here, albeit at a different club.

Can someone explain please?

Under the delusional Lambert they are are mid table League One at very best and will spiral downnwards if they are lucky. Administration, oblivion beckons. 

4 minutes ago, wooster said:

I don't understand why we would mock him when he says similar things to what he said when he was here, albeit at a different club.

Because what he's saying there is pure bullsh!t and propaganda....

• Like 2

GJL - why should it matter to you.  He said the same things when he was at NCFC.  It's what managers do.

Try growing up.

6 minutes ago, wooster said:

Not difficult wooster, when he said our lads have been 'brilliant ' it was because we were Promoted twice in consecutive seasons and we were 'brilliant '

Using the same vocabulary to describe a Team, cut adrift, unable to buy a win and in all likelihood doomed leaves him open to ridicule. Going to the dark side hasn't helped his cause either. 

19 minutes ago, wooster said:

GJL - why should it matter to you.  He said the same things when he was at NCFC.  It's what managers do.

Try growing up.

Beg your pardon...who the f#ck are you?

...and the difference is....if I need to spell it out to a dimwit such as yourself...he was able to back up what he said here with results on the pitch

Back under your rock

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, wooster said:

Try growing up.

what's that smell ?

funny-green-stinky-garbage-bin-illustrat

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

what's that smell ?

funny-green-stinky-garbage-bin-illustrat

Indeed.....rather like the aforementioned Lambert's visit to carrow rd this season....this chap appears to have come looking for an argument, more than a hint of bin

45 minutes ago, JayNCFC said:

The town fans are a funny old bunch hey...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/456125/as-long-as-the-club-wants-me-here-next-season.....-whoever-is-here/#28

On Lambert coming in after McCarthy...

Imagine had Lambert come in and been given half a chance to succeed with the resources Hurst was given. We'd genuinely have our club back.

Delusional

Talking of delusional, this is today's pre-prepared soundbite from Agent Lambert...

image.png.49c1f3fb9654e73d5957ea746063c232.png

It was all Town apart from the scoring bit.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wooster said:

Try growing up.

Binner alert 

8 hours ago, wooster said:

You seem fickle to say the least

I would suggest Wooster that Mr Lambert is the more fickle one after his antics at Carrow Road that saw him rightfully collect a two match touchline ban! His post match interview then did him no favours with city fans either, promotions or not! And let’s not forget the workloads of one Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa during those years! You don’t hear them ridiculing NCFC in the same vein.

its not always greener on the other side as his now defunct career is telling us!

Mission accomplished?

It is now finally confirmed that Paul Lambert is a hopeless football manager and that anything he achieved in the past (and only really at Carrow Road) relied heavily on  factors other than purely his managerial skills.

It is now blatantly obvious that Culverhouse, Karsa, Holt, Hoolahan and others were the driving force behind the man's success with NCFC. Back this up with a massive L1. support of 24, 500 average over the long season to provide for some expansion in the transfer market at least and the real picture is revealed.

One win in twenty four games is utterly dismal and I cannot think of any other football club in the land where a manager could survive this record than at that hapless institution down the road.

For the most part they remain transfixed and supportive of his bullshine. The opposite even to the odious Glen Roader, who managed to briefly turn our own fortunes around yet made himself unpopular, Paul Lambert has totally failed to achieve anything other than a Svengali like hold over the core fan base.  

Hurst's input was poor but they were far from the totally hopeless case they are now and, with the vast majority of the season still to play for, any fool could have manufactured a better outcome than that achieved by the verbose Scot, who seems content destroying the club as long as his own self-belief remains intact, his excuses are lined up and his bank balance is healthier.

Quite frankly it is difficult to imagine a worse job done under the circumstances than that perpetrated by Lambert, yet the binners refuse to wake up and smell the coffee (or should I say, whisky?)

Next season will be interesting. If they are unable to hit the ground running (highly possible) then the very man accredited with "saving" NCFC could be the one responsible for the final nail in the coffin of their staunch rivals, ITFC.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Lambert has won just 6 games from 48 whilst managing his most recent three teams.

As a football manager, this must make him pretty nigh unemployable.

News since his after game interview indicates PL is committed to to IT*C for next season. If that's the case the Muppet should have said so instead of being evasive. 

8% win rate. That is probably the worst stat for an unsacked manager I have seen.

He's done us proud.

(Sticking up for Wooster, although he is completely wrong on this, and something else unrelated, he ain't no binner.)

• Like 1

That's very kind, Herman.

I appreciate one hasn't earned one's stripes on this forum until one's been called a binner so I'm grateful to Bill for the accolade.

I'm very happy with the success of the team this season and my enjoyment is unaffected by, and independent of, the plight of PL or ITFC.  Indeed, pleasure in our success should be sufficient and I'm bemused by the apparent need to gloat over others' misfortunes.

I remain grateful for three happy years that PL provided and wish him well in his endeavours. 

22 minutes ago, wooster said:

That's very kind, Herman.

I appreciate one hasn't earned one's stripes on this forum until one's been called a binner so I'm grateful to Bill for the accolade.

I'm very happy with the success of the team this season and my enjoyment is unaffected by, and independent of, the plight of PL or ITFC.  Indeed, pleasure in our success should be sufficient and I'm bemused by the apparent need to gloat over others' misfortunes.

I remain grateful for three happy years that PL provided and wish him well in his endeavours. 

It's not fair, no one's ever called me a Binner.

I respect your altruism wooster, in other circumstances it could be admired, but the nature of our rivalry with that lot down the road is such that flawed human beings, such as myself, get immense pleasure from their current plight. In addition PL has conducted himself so poorly since leaving CR that I cannot feel anything other than glee at his continued failure.

If Pl had shown any signs of respect, class, humility or even realism in the years following his departure I might have been able to cut him some slack, but his absolute lack of respect, class, humility and grasp on reality mean that he deserves all the vilification that he gets on this forum.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, splendidrush said:
34 minutes ago, wooster said:

I'm bemused by the apparent need to gloat over others' misfortunes.

Really?

A little bit of harmless gloating never hurt anyone, and who in the hell would have believed the table would look like it does now at the beginning of the season? In fact, it seems to me that gloating in some form ought to be obligatory, can't see this situation arising again in a long, long time.