Now that we are on the cusp of the final run in towards what will hopefully be a successful march towards automatic promotion we also have to make the most of what will probably our last chance of Binner baiting before that malfunctioning, indebted club  finally slips into oblivion.

As they slip timidly towards the third tier of English football it is typical and fitting that they should once again look back to their 'glorious' past.

The History Boys of TWTD, for example, are having a  consolation style discussion regarding even more statues of the 'legendary' players who graced their turf some forty odd years ago and about  all those that they think should surround their ill-attended stadium of doom.

Thus they are able to wallow in the following sentiments:

"We are fortunate to be in a position where the club has a number of genuine legends worthy of a statue - I would favour some busts or a walk of fame." 

At least it all might well be considered an investment for the future when, with insolvency inevitable, they will then be able to cash in on the scrap metal value of these monuments, which will surely be likely to bring in much needed cash and be of more value than any players they will able to sell off in the inevitable fire sale.

In the meantime one-win, (hic!) Lambert is rallying the faithful by insisting that his "brilliant" set of lads are now raring to go for  a successful run-in because it is not over until the statistics tell them otherwise.

I will miss it all really, but there does come a time when that famous "gap" becomes so wide that  there is nothing left of interest to gloat about.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Spoke to a Binner supporting associate yesterday. He said they are set for a minimum 10 year stint in League One. I said "Why so optimistic"?

I don’t think they’re going to be singing anything at us for a while......

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

In the meantime one-win, (hic!) Lambert is rallying the faithful by insisting that his "brilliant" set of lads are now raring to go for  a successful run-in because it is not over until the statistics tell them otherwise.

Hill's are offering 1/100 on Bolton being relegated and they don't even quote Ipswich's chances. Methinks the fat lady did her turn weeks ago and has packed up and gone home  :classic_biggrin:

They've announced 2 new members to their Hall of Fame,  Jason DeVos and Herman Hriedasson. (or however it's spelt) . So, no one worthwhile in the last 15 years. 

One poster on there has started a thread defending Lambert's record at the club. I haven't pushed the numbers, but he must have done worse than Hurst in points per game? Even if I take off my yellow glasses, they have been absolutely woeful this year.

But I'm sure "the effort has been 'triffic" and "the lads have been brilliant" for him.

Some on there still defend the sacking and treatment of McCarthy, even though any sane football fan knows they were mad to do so.

Some are now suggesting that when he described their supporters as the best he had encountered in his playing and managerial career, he might not have been being entirely honest. Quite a few on Twatted have turned against him since an interview today on Radio Suffolk but the majority of criticism still heads off in Evans direction.