Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

FAO Puntino. Wigan And The Wall Of Yellow.

The club are looking for a wall of yellow at the game i read somewhere so any plans for scarves and flags ? I know this would have to be done with the blessing of Wigan to comply with their safety and ground regulations but what better game than to display the big Pride of Anglia banner rather than have it locked in a cupboard somewhere at Carrow Road. I am of course assuming that many of your volunteers will be at the game.

Hi TIL, I'll be at the game, although logistically I'm not sure we could do the surfer and would require a fair amount of goodwill from Wigan's end. Add to that it weighs nearly 10 stone so actually transporting it is a bit of a nightmare too. A wall of scarves and shirts is probably much more achieveable and easier. 

Maybe NCFC can do a deal on scarves for people going to the game. Produce a match ticket to get a sizeable discount maybe ? Two home games coming up before then to shift a load.

In fairness there's still plenty of those £5 scarves I think. Plus most people have a scarf. Reckon that's the way forward. 

If you reckon that's the way forward i would have thought you guys would be keen to help it happen.

Just saying.

Til I defended you from what I felt was unfair criticism on the flag thread(I know you don't need me to) but what on earth is this all about?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Til I defended you from what I felt was unfair criticism on the flag thread(I know you don't need me to) but what on earth is this all about?

Glad i'm not the only one that read it that way. 

• Like 2

Perhaps it's phrased badly and I've misconstrued it but it seems like an unnecessary and unjustified pop at people who have massively improved the spectacle and atmosphere at home games.

Look guys i was asking Puntino if there was a possibility of creating that same atmosphere in a couple weeks at Wigan by using that banner and flags but the response i got was rather negative in my view. if Wigan say yes as long as they comply with safety and security issues why on earth not ? How on earth can it be construed as having a pop ?

Edited by TIL 1010

I will wade in here. I interpreted the OP asking in a generally positive way and supportive spirit.

Let's just look forward to a fantastic spectacle of 5000 fans. It could be an historic day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Look guys i was asking Puntino if there was a possibility of creating that same atmosphere in a couple weeks at Wigan by using that banner and flags but the response i got was rather negative in my view. if Wigan say yes as long as they comply with safety and security issues why on earth not ? How on earth can it be construed as having a pop ?

Hmmmmm. Not convinced.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 2

Come on lads, Til1010 is trying change his ways and be supportive of the efforts of BEN and ACN. We should give him a big pat on the back 😉

Still not convinced.

13 minutes ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

Come on lads, Til1010 is trying change his ways and be supportive of the efforts of BEN and ACN. We should give him a big pat on the back 😉

Read it twice. Why should we give him a big pat on the back David?

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Response you got was hardly negative. He doesn't agree with your idea and you don't like it. 

I read it as a logistical nightmare, but getting the scarf waving was an easier thing. Fantastic job being done at home, way harder when its away. If I was Wigan I wouldn't allow it, they ain't safe yet.

48 minutes ago, ThorpeCanary said:

Response you got was hardly negative. He doesn't agree with your idea and you don't like it. 

Not like that has ever happened before ... 

10 hours ago, Puntino said:

Hi TIL, I'll be at the game, although logistically I'm not sure we could do the surfer and would require a fair amount of goodwill from Wigan's end. Add to that it weighs nearly 10 stone so actually transporting it is a bit of a nightmare too. A wall of scarves and shirts is probably much more achieveable and easier. 

Jon, if transportation is an issue, just give the flag to Tilly. He’s used to carrying around ten stone more than is healthy.😆

*(waits for pot/kettle retort)*

Great idea Dunc. It also comes in a massive pallet, so probably more like 30 stone all told. 

In all seriousness though, if the hurdles we have to jump with NCFC (often for very good reason) are in place at Wigan, then the effort isn't worth it for one individual game. Couple that with the fact we don't know where various members of the group will be situated, whether a surfer would actually fit the stand properly and it becomes even more of a headache. 

Not sure I know a Norwich fan who doesn't own a scarf. Hopefully they can all bring one. Or wear something yellow and green. Job done. 

Oh and TIL - you seem to have loads of ideas. Maybe contact the club with them? 

'Dismissed out of hand'. Either that or explained why it's probably not possible and even if it was would be extremely difficult to pull off. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I can only think that someone is envious of the level of support the lads at along come nodge are getting

Great minds think alike Franko. ...or to put it another way..... Fools rarely disagree. 😕

Where’s River End Canary? Surely he isn’t going to miss the opportunity to say something disparaging about the yellow wall?

11 minutes ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

Where’s River End Canary? Surely he isn’t going to miss the opportunity to say something disparaging about the yellow wall?

Don’t encourage him, this place has been a lot better since he stopped posting 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t encourage him, this place has been a lot better since he stopped posting 🙂

Couldn’t agree more!!!! 

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

At least we now know who he has become. Lapps, update please.